**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

At the end of the day, Kerry Rhodes has no say at who comes and who goes.

2. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

3. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Wasn't that the radio station that said Obama was born in Kenya? JK :D

Seriously, I hope Harris is not in the deal, if in fact there is a deal. I was so much looking forward to the damage he was going to cause with Scott. Damn!

4. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

I'd rather give up a 1st and a 3rd than Harris and a 3rd, he is easily the second best young player on our defense (behind Revis). Also, if we let him go, who takes his spot? Marshall would be nice but I feel he can be had much cheaper than one of our top 5 players and a 3rd round pick.

5. RedWhiteBlue&Green

Gholston stinks and Westerman is no Harris, not even close.

I'm hoping this is just a stupid web rumor.

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

If we get Marshall....he's got to get a BIG new deal.......what about Leon??? If I was Leon, I'd be happy about getting BM...but.."what about my contract"?

Need to sign our best offensive player Leon

Brandon Marshall is the best YAC receiver in the NFL and it isn't even close...with Leon it would be scary.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You don't give away a first rounder for a headcase like Marshall. Our head coach gets the best out of his players...I think he'd be okay with Westerman in the middle.

Trading a slow-footed, two down linebacker and a mid round pick for a game-breaking receiver is a steal...no matter how much everyone likes David Harris. Now I know he makes a lot of tackles, but he's a liability in coverage on almost every play.

This team has so much money invested into Mark Sanchez. Tannenbaum has to get him so more weapons if he's going to succeed.

As much as you guys think this team is being built around the defense, it's actually being built around Sanchez.

Ryan brought in his guys (Scott, Douglas, and Leonhard) for a quick fix.

8. RedWhiteBlue&Green

I would question the Harris deal. Why would the Jets pull the trigger so quick, without waiting to see if the price would go down?

Although, I guess another team could have put in a quick bid. But then, wouldn't the Broncos wait a little to see if the price would go up?

Ah, team psychology! :p

9. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

I agree.. Denver is in a position where they need to trade Marshall.. after his actions they really weren't left any other choice.. BUT because they also lost cutler this season.. they need to keep a high asking price just to save face.. I hope there is a little more negotiating going on.. like a 2nd and another player.. can't leave a whole in the middle of our defense..

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'll be fucking pissed if Harris is traded. Fucking pissed.

11. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

Season starts in like two weeks.. how much later would you like them to wait?? if he is traded do you realize everything he will have to learn.. formations, plays, audibles, checkdowns.. ect. this is really late to be traded and filled in to a completely different system.. If a deal doesn't get done soon, prob not going to happen..

12. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Cmon, David Harris is not one of the best 5 players on this team. He might not be one of the best five players on the defense alone. Definitely behind (in no particular order) Jenkins, Scott, Rhodes, Revis, Ferguson, Mangold, Faneca, Leon, and possibly TJ, Pace, and Cotchery.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

So you'll be pissed if we trade an injury prone, two down backer for a game breaking receiver?

The value isn't even close between the two...

David Harris is a very good run stop, but he lacks versatility. We can pick up a similar type player after cuts on Saturday.

14. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Fresh off a Yankees win and now I'm reading reports of Harris getting possibly traded for Brandon Marshall? Wow. Really, fuck this organization if that's true.

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Your points are well taken....I just can't trade Harris until there is a better option to replace him...Westerman has the athletic ability... but is a risk.

I'm not trading Marshall for a #1 draft pick...no way in hell. A Rd 2 and Rd 4 and they got a deal.

I know Denver would love to get back in Rd 1, they traded their Rd 1 pick to draft Alphonso Smith.

#535 WW85, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

This is the craziest thing I've read on these boards in quite some time.

17. Green Hurricane

QFT. I honestly think that the David Harris kool-aid has been spiked at this point. To me, it's a no brainer. I know it leaves us with some questions at LB, but I'd honestly rather have a question at ILB with a stud WR than a good ILB and no #1 WR whatsoever.

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The Stats do not back you up on this. All of Wes Welker, Clavin Johnson and Anquar Boldin average 2 yards better in YAC than marshall.

There is no doubt Marshall is a beast with the ball in his hands, but its not always the size of the player that matters. Guys like Leon prove that every day.

Its not that I'm against getting him, but I would not want to give away too much for a guy with his past.

19. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

So if this trade does happen.. anyone for Brandon Spikes in a Jets uniform next year..

20. Green Hurricane

I think they dealt the one they got from Chicago for next season, but I could be wrong.