**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You're preaching to the choir.......DH is one of my favorite Jets.

3. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

I say hell no to Marshall!

4. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I'll throw a name out, Matt Jones.

Matt was a beast coming out of college and if he could stay out of trouble could be a good receiver.

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i read hes going in to visit TEN tomorrow and that 4 other teams are expressing interest. none of them the Jets.

6. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Denver is in a tough situation. They just parted with one of the best qb's in the league, and now this. I think they do more harm to their team by keeping him. And if he acts up again, it will just wind up lowering the asking price later. This is not just a guy that's unhappy -- He hates that team. I think they need to get what they can and swallow their pride.

I think he's going to be playing for another team soon. I hope it's the Jets.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

So many Jet fans are enamored with having an "elite" WR on the team. But WR is probably one of the least important positions on the team. Elite WR's may be exciting, but they don't win championships. Line play and defense wins titles. Look at all the elite receivers in the NFL - Moss, Owens, A. Johnson, C. Johnson, Fitzgerald, Jennings, Smith, etc. What do they all have in common? No rings!!!! WR's are selfish divas who destroy locker rooms and don't win games. Look at the last few SB winners and tell me who had an elite receiver? 2008 Pittsburgh? NO. The 2007 Giants? No (and don't throw Burress around as an elite receiver - he is good, but the Giants won because their defensive line put opposing QBs on their backs throughout the playoffs, not because of their passing game). The 2005 Steelers? No. The 2001, 2003, and 2004 Pats? No. - The 2002 Bucs? No. The 2000 Ravens? No.

You could argue that the 2006 Colts had elite WRs in Harrison and Wayne, but the Colts had a great passing game for years. They won in 2006 because their defense played lights out in the playoffs that year.

I say keep building the OL and the defense and let the young receivers develop. Marshall was a 4th round pick in 2006. In his rookie year he caught 20 passes for 300 yards. How will the Jets know if Stuckey is a player until he plays?

If the Jets can "steal" Marshall for a draft pick other than a 1, I would consider it. Otherwise, let him go.

8. RAGINGVILMA

RAGINGVILMA New Member

Denver media outlet 104.3fm saying Harris + 3rd rounder for Marshall could be done as early as tomorrow

9. Drew

Drew Active Member

FM 104.3 The Fan is reporting that Brandon Marshall left on a plane from Denver Internat'l Airport to NY tonight.
    27 minutes ago from TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/broncotalk

10. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

But I really like Harris :(

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

yes, because the Jets would have to give up the draft pick when it is Denver that doesn't have any leverage. sounds like wishful thinking on the radio station's part. they must belong to a Broncos fan site and think they have all the power in every transaction and teams are falling over one another for every one of their players.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...really? I wouldn't be upset with that move as long as Marshall stays out of trouble.

Ryan really wants to use Westerman inside...

13. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

If I'm not mistaken that was the radio station that was saying a LOT of bogus stuff about a Cutler trade, but I could be very wrong.

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

In Rex I trust.

15. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Sorry, I can't disagree more. The Giants' Super Bowl went back and forth with touchdown after touchdown. The Giants receivers made amazing catches. If there were no Plaxico, there would be no ring, period. To prove that, look at the Giants without Plaxico.

Wide Receiver may not be the most important position on the field, but you can't play the game without two or three good ones. If the Jets don't make a move, they're making a terrible mistake.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

So do I...

It won't be hard to replace a run stuffer like David Harris. I like him a lot too, but Marshall brings more to this team.

17. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

http://twitter.com/kerryrhodes

-Kerry Rhodes Twitter

18. RAGINGVILMA

RAGINGVILMA New Member

You are right, we love harris but marshall is a stud wr, but who would we use at ilb? westerman isnt he a olb/de?

19. 624

624 Banned

I want Marshall but I don't want to give up a young stud like Harris, I'd rather give Thomas and a 2nd then Harris and a 3rd, Westerman can play outside too right? Westerman/Gholston and Pace.

20. Drew

Drew Active Member