**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I certainly get the other side of it too, but when it comes down to it, just like Harris is an integral part of our D, as you put it, Marshall is much more than just a WR. The man is one of the best in the game, and would immediately become by far our best weapon on offense.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Tanny 1st round picks:
    D'Brick - Started Every Game
    Mangold - Started Every Game
    Revis - Started Every Game
    Keller - Saw significant time last year - now the Starter in year 2
    Gholston - Non-Starter - Also changed positions.
    4/5

He was suspended by the NFL for 3 games last year and had it reduced to 1 game.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a58781&template=with-video&confirm=true

You can bet your ass his next run in with the law nets him another suspension.

Do you honestly believe a guy who has a rap sheet as long as Marshall is an at an equal risk of getting another suspension as those two first time offenders?

------
    People suggesting trading Gholston - I'm pretty sure that would result in a massive cap hit that simply isn't possible to take on.

As for trading Harris, think about what Rex has said time and time again will be the blueprint for this team. Play defense and run the ball. Why is he going to give up one of his best young defensive players for a flashy WR?

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Great post. Teams have done just fine signing veterans and undrafted FAs to fill the MLB position (Bart Scott, Z Thomas, Seau come to mind as examples), but WR is a really hard position to fill (look at the Eagles and Giants attempts to fill their WR needs through the draft).

A straight up deal is too risky for both teams though. Draft picks need to be involved that are based upon performance on and off the field to limit the risk factors for both sides.

4. Kenny

Kenny New Member

no way am i messing even more with our defense.. sorry i wouldnt teade harris

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

And even as mediocre as Vern is, that leaves them with a hole for 4 games.

6. ........

........ Trolls

At this point of the offseason, you want to bet on our ability to find a veteran to fill the position admirably? You just listed a string of Pro Bowlers. How likely do you really think we are to find one for ourselves one week before the season? Hell, I doubt we'd be able to find someone able to step in front of our backups at the ILB position (not MLB, which we don't use in the 3-4), and that's REALLY not saying much.

7. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I wouldn't trade Harris, but I'd throw them something like a 2nd, 5th, and Clemens. Marshall is a proven young WR and is only 25.

8. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

i know many are not going to agree, but id rather trade rhodes then harris

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Yes We Need A Big Time Wr
    No I Do Not Trade David Harris

10. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

no thanks not going to give up David Harris for a guy who could be thrown out of the league with 1 more wrong step

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

wow now we're trading harris for marshall.next sunday can't come fast enough

12. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

i can't decide if this would be good or not.

Marshall is a beast, assuredly a much better contributor to the team than Harris will be.

Basically your wr corp now is what your LB core would look like if you make the trade. Lacking. You are trading defensive production for offensive production essentially. The fact that the jets don't have much depth at LB makes the trade worrisome

The wild card is his behavior issues. I'm not sure if NJ is a good place for him to land if hes looking to stay out of trouble.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'd like us to aquire Marshall real bad, but not for David Harris. Fuck that.... I'd be willing to give them a 1st round pick though... More than likely we'll have to draft a WR round 1 or 2 next year.

14. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

so you wouldn't trade david harris for a 1st rd pick?

crazy delusional

15. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I probably wouldn't. David Harris is a beast and may develop into one of the top LB in the game. Why trade him for an unproven commodity?

16. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

me too! rhodes has way many more liabilities than harris. rhodes is good but he isnt great.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Brandon Marshall is a douche bag, but he's certainly not "unproven"...

David Harris is a two down linebacker...great against the run, but horrible in coverage. We'd definitely be hurting in the middle of our defense, but that's because there's no depth at the position. There's handful of linebackers in the league that can take on blockers and makes plays against the run.

18. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Harris would be extremely hard player to lose. But Harris and a 3rd would be my max offer.

19. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

whose 1st round pick? The Lions? I'll do it. The Pats? Nah!

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not a late first, no. He was a 2nd rounder, and he's getting better.