**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. EAF29

EAF29 Member

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

3. Drew

Drew Active Member

We're working on a deal that would send Snachez to the Broncos.

4. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

this is probably the funniest post ever created

5. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

the word choice might have been harsh but it fits the circumstance completely. who the hell sides with the man? you are probably the type who calls the cops on his neighbors when they get a little loud on a saturday night or yells at the neighborhood kids for playing after dark, because thats the kind of person who would side with the DA and bloomberg on a situation like this one. maybe my word choice wasnt so horrible after all...

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Can we get Ratliff back?

7. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

I don't question whether Bloomberg had personal motivations behind his PR campaign that followed Plax's situation. And, I don't disagree that mandatory minimums are bad for the criminal justice system (and the irony, of course, is that mandatory minimums are supposed to make punishments fair, equal, non-discriminatory). But make no mistake, Plax committed the offense, and Plax agreed to the deal.

"hopefully brandon marshall sees this and is scared by it enough not to end up in the same boat if he comes here": I am sure that NYC hopes any person, celebrity, athlete, or other, commits this to memory and ceases to bring firearms into the public.

"how is it fair based on the circumstances?": under what circumstance should someone serve jail time under the current law? define "fair". Would it be fair if the police pulled someone over for speeding within city limits, saw a firearm, and made the arrest, thus subjecting that person to a mandatory minimum? Would it matter what Bloomberg did/said? Would it matter if that person worked on Wall Street or for a street vendor?

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

That's not funny in the least way.

9. Drew

Drew Active Member

For a 1st this year and in 2012, yes.

10. greenbeanz

thats my point it should matter. it should be a case by case basis. thats what our system of justice is supposed to be about. we all have the right to a trial judged by a jury of our peers, not a jury swayed by the words of michael bloomberg. the other parts i agree with as far as who the person is. it shouldnt matter if hes a celeb or a street urchin the law is the law, but it shouldnt be swayed by one man's personal vendetta

11. fr0zensm0ke

fr0zensm0ke Member

Even Gholston? done...

12. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

He gave up that right to have a trial judged by a jury when he took the plea deal. The only reason I feel bad for is because if that happened anywhere else in the country he would not be going to jail.....Only NYC has such a law and if you are going to carry a gun anywhere you should know the law in that city and state.

13. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

Interesting. So, because I question your logic, and because I am not outraged at the D.A. for doing its job (which, assuming you live in NYC, you pay for through your taxes), I am a "faggot". I guess my expecting the D.A. to do its job is the same thing as being a difficult neighbor. You have it all figured out. Perhaps you should apply logic and reason to your analysis next time.

Simply, I don't think Plax's actions were victimless. Everyday people die, or are injured, because of the stupid actions of another. Many times, that stupid action involves a gun. Plax had too much to lose, yet he didn't care. That is beyond comprehension. I just don't get it -- if I had the kind of money Plax has (had?), I would hire a bodyguard. I would not drive drunk for fear of killing myself or another (Donte S.) -- instead, I would hire a driver for the night. I mean, c'mon! There are plenty of football players (or other athletes) that live by the same rules as the rest of society. Why should Plax be treated better (which, I understand you think he was treated worse)? Do you think you would do any better before the D.A. The reality is, you may have done worse, depending on the circumstances. I expect that your friend (as compared to Pierce) would have had more difficultly getting off without sentence. I'm just sayin'.

14. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

MyFavoriteMartin5, you taking more L's than the Bills in the Superbowl.

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Once again, the Burress deal comes up.

That being said, not sure people understand mandatory sentences.

16. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

Well said, and correct. Plax surrended his right to a jury trial when he accepted the deal. Plax plead guilty to a crime with a mandatory minimum. The judge had no choice. The judge had no choice because of laws designed to eliminate discriminatory sentencing patterns. Plax should know, or have his lawyers tell him, the laws of any particular city/state if he intends to carry a firearm.

17. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

OMG..............not a good trade at all. I don't even want Marshall. I do not want a trouble maker on the team (period).

We are dealing with enough with Ellis and Pace.

18. Cotch Grab

Cotch Grab New Member

if marshall sits out (which he might do now that the Broncos are starting a 6th round rookie at QB) the Jets would be wise just to wait. If his holdout lasts to Week 3 they can get him for nothing.

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Thats true, When do you fine a great receiver who isn't a douche on wheels.

20. greenbeanz

this is all true and correct, but he had no choice but to take the deal. bloomberg made it clear if he didnt get the deal he would make sure plax got the full amount of time. how can you go to trial knowing you have zero chance because a power bigger than you is ruling with an iron fist on the issue? you cant. he was forced into this deal. thats the true wrong here. i should have never said anything about this sorry for partially taking this thread over with something that has nothing to do with marshall.