**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

I'd give up a 3d rounder TOPS for Marshall... that is IT!

Throwing in a starter is insanity at its purest. This isn't Jay Cutler we're talking about its Brandon WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Marshall!

Denver should be lucky they can get ANYTHING for that whiny piece of shit.

2. Denny

Denny Active Member

All the Broncos need to do is look to Tampa Bays recent history on the handling of Keyshawn Johnson. That is their best worst case scenario if they keep him. Which I might add does nothing for them except set an example. They have a week and half approx to figure out that his value is gonna drop. They have to know this. That might just force them to bench him. My advise to them is instead of saving face, get someone to buy out his last year and say good riddens. It's a business, move on.

3. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Screw it, make them an offer they cannot refuse and throw in both coleman AND clemens!

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

5. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

"which is what plax's jail time is caused by": Incorrect. Plax's jail time is caused by the fact that he brought an unregistered hand gun into an establishment. The evidence of his actions is that he shot himself. I assume the purpose behind the law is to encourage people NOT to bring fire arms into the public, thus protecting millions of innocent people from the dangers associated with firearms.

"he will do time no matter what": Correct. That is the concept behind mandatory minimum sentences.

"i have signed petitions before for the abolishment of mandatory minimum sentencing." I am happy to hear you have "signed petitions" hoping to overturn such laws. Perhaps you should run for NY State legislature, or make it a personal crusade. Merely signing your name to a document typically doesn't get you very far, and certainly shows a lack of interest or concern. Did this signing take place because a few people more concerned than you stood outside Wall Street with the petitions? I know, I know, I am being a dick.

Plax will serve two years as opposed to the three years minimum. Plax chose that deal, as opposed to making the D.A. go to trial to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Plax violated the law.

#225 JETSFANDC, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  6. facch

facch Active Member

As a brand new coach, one of the last things you want to do is keep around player doing the exact things Brandon has been doing.

Adversely, for a brand new coach taking a shot on a player like Brandon is a make or break move. But BM has much more potential in a new situation. If it's up to Rex Ryan to pull the final trigger, it'll be a done deal. The man has some guts.

7. Don

How? Because they have him and we want him, that's how.

8. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I'd give up a 1 for Marshall. Sorry but the odds that the #1 next season becomes as good as Marshall are not good. The Jets will also probably draft a WR next year. Unless we got a top 5 pick and the next Fitzgerald/Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson is there then it's worth the risk. I highly doubt the Jets will be top 5 pick bad with Marshall. They'll probably be somewhere in the mid teens. They are too talented to be that awful unless Sanchez played like Favre in the last 4 games for EVERY game.

You get Marshall and you got yourselves a nice offensive core for a long time. Sanchez as QB. Marshall and Cotchery as 2 young WR's. Leon and Greene. Good o-line. Gotta make this deal if possible.

9. Don

Yeah, that's what was being discussed here earlier.

10. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

"what kind of snitch faggot sides with the D.A.?"

Really, you think "faggot" is the appropriate word choice because I disagree with you (leaving aside the debate over whether that word choice is appropirate under any circumstance)? Get real dude.

#230 JETSFANDC, Sep 2, 2009
  11. Don

Every single player we have on defense is of interest to them.

#231 Don, Sep 2, 2009
  12. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

After Marshall's recent antics, I'm sure there aren't many teams beating down Denver's door wanting to acquire him.

Like I said, the longer they keep him around, they're only hurting themselves.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Any word on Marshall?

Did the Jets sign Marshall yet?

14. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

Really, you think "faggot" is the appropriate word choice because I disagree with you (leaving aside the debate over whether that word choice is appropirate under any circumstance)? Get real dude.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Yea, but we aren't going to trade any of those players. Like Harpua said, we lack depth on defense, so trading anyone would hurt.

16. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I wasn't saying he is a cancer, just saying its possible. Maybe T.O. was a bad point of reference, but both have had bad effects on their team. I'm more referring to the effect he's having on his team with his behavior (on and off the field), not so much him shit-talking his teammates, which I agree, he hasn't done. Lot of guys want more money but they don't handle it like a crybaby. All of the people you mentioned handled their situation in a manner that didn't affect their teams anywhere near as detrimentally as Marshall.

17. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I do say, a most excellent idea for a thread.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

BRILLIANT!

19. Denny

Denny Active Member

I don't know about upset but more likely a shot across the bow at his counterparts to let just let em know who was on the case. He does want to remind his readers that this is something similar to what happened right before Farve arrived. Not much of an update but I think that was his point all along.

20. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

how is it fair based on the circumstances? obviously i understand what mandatory minimum sentencing is. its also obvious that you took the words "he will do time no matter what" out of context. i wrote that because thats what bloomberg said and was waving it around like a rainbow flag at a gay pride parade. he was using that as a way to show everyone "hey look, im gonna get this guy. look at me. this will make me look like a big tough guy in the times so everyone thinks im so great". he had no intention of this thing being fair. plax could have gotten the same deal with a public defender. my point of all of it is that mandatory minimum sentencing keeps you from getting a truly fair trial, like in this case. and i want to make it very clear: im not defending what plax did, but i am very certain the guy got a raw deal at the hands of bloomberg and the city of new york. hopefully brandon marshall sees this and is scared by it enough not to end up in the same boat if he comes here