**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. 624

624 Banned

I'd give a 1st or 2nd in a heartbeat, trading 1 pick for a player doesn't hurt your depth. This guy is so talented and young he's worth the risk, Sanchez, Keller, Washington, Cotchery, and Marshall can turn our offense from 20-25 to 10-15 in the league.

With Marshall we are a playoff team.

2. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

sparing all the bs, the jets need this guy, realists point of view- jets wrs stink, brandon marshall is awesome, get him

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Have you seen Brandon Marshall play? His whole game is grit:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16qhwX26vOA&feature=fvw[/YOUTUBE]

If this guy doesn't fit an all weather offense I don't know what receiver does. He's tough as nails, right up Rex's alley.

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Oh I've seen it, and he's awesome without a doubt. My point being, this is a run first team, I believe. When the weather turns to shit they're going to look to keep it on the ground.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It does when he goes to prison.

6. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Some wide receivers can take over a game. I think Marshall is one of them, and I think he could be the ticket to the playoffs that the Jets are looking for.

I would rather see Cotch move to 2nd and Stuck and Clownman share time at 3rd. And then keep Smith on the Wildcat and Special Teams... if he actually makes the team :(

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Jets probably have plenty of veterans on both sides of the ball to keep this guy in line. I'm not sure Denver ever did.

8. RedWhiteBlue&Green

Not one of our guys on this team can do what that guy in the video did. The Jets need to make this move!!!

9. xxedge72x

Smith is definitely making the team. He's invaluable on special teams, one of the better athletes on the Jets, great on reverses, and requires attention from opposing defenses when is on the field.

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

If we had a few more pieces in place, I'd be all for it. Nothing for nothing, our needs this year will go unaddressed, at this point. I believe when Rex says he wants to win now, he means he wants to win now. But there are other concerns. Who is our blocking TE? I smell a shitload of tackles for losses over on the strong side coming. Again, this won't be filled this year, but if they give up a 1st that in theory they could trade for multiple picks, depending on the position, next year may be the time to start thinking FA big boy receiver.

Who knows. I think Marshall is awesome, but I also believe the best teams are built from the lines out, and lets face it...linemen get hurt all the time. Big Jenk sat out games last year for whatever reason....fatigue? The run D turned to shit immediately.

You have a blitz happy D that's going to get burned through the air regularly if we don't find someone to play opposite of Revis. Better hope the LBs are quick enough.

11. RedWhiteBlue&Green

No doubt, he's definitely been fun to watch. Him and Leon.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He is also one of our quickest surest tacklers on kickoff coverage.

13. RedWhiteBlue&Green

Hey, there's always Ty Law ;)

14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I just threw up in someone else's mouth :)

15. xxedge72x

A backup o-linemen can be used as a blocking TE if no one becomes available after the cuts... it's a minor concern because there aren't going to be many situations where Keller needs to be out and a blocking TE in. I'd be most concerned about TE depth if Keller were to get hurt... there's no one available or who will be available who presents the kind of mismatches and passing game threat that Keller does.

Keller only needs to be ok in blocking for the unit to be successful, he doesn't need to be Anthony Becht or Kyle Brady. The Jets will tailor the offense to what he does well and what he doesn't.

My hope is that the cuts presents some viable o-line / tight ends / punters that the Jets can grab off the scrap heap in order to fill a 1 year void that the team has right now.

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

How many Marshall threads do we need?

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I bash Marshall for his off the field issues and his on the field antics, but as a football player I think he'd be perfect for this type of offense. He's like a bigger, stronger, tougher version of Cotchery with better moves and hands that are just as good. Unfortunately he is a walking piece of shit and I don't want him anywhere near our locker room. And his price tag would be ridiculous both monetarily and trade-wise.

18. xxedge72x

This about sums it up... if the Jets could be sure they're getting a more mature athlete whose ready to move past his troubles, then Marshall could be a great football move for the Jets... but if he's going to be the same piece of shit he was then it's not worth giving up a pick or anything else for.

19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

All I meant was this is going to be a very run heavy O. He's definitely a POS but I'm not his moral advisor or his God so he can do whatever he wants off the field.

I wanna see that bitch score TDs! :up:

20. RedWhiteBlue&Green

And the Jets had a Keyshawn too, and he didn't turn out so bad. I'm always up for a Reggie Jackson stirring the pot every once in a while.

Bring on Marshall! If he gets out of line, the Madbacker will be in his face in 2 seconds.