To Much Sanchez Love from Announcers!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsMan7, Aug 24, 2009.

1. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Both true. However, I will say this:

Tirico, Jaws, Gruden or
    Tirico, Jaws, Kornheiser or
    Michaels, Miller, Madden
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Patrick, Theismann, Maguire

After a while, I just couldn't watch Sunday Night Football anymore. No announcer team in the history of sports could ever compare to those stooges.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

So far the trio of Tirico, Jaws, Gruden seems to be doing ok. Anything is better than havign to listen to Theismann or Maguire during a football game.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You know I didn't used to dislike Maguire, but maybe that was in comparison to some of the people he had around him. He's certainly worn it out long ago.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Somthing about him always rubbed me the wrong way. Not sure waht it was.

Gruden sounds like not only a knowledgeable guy, but one that would not mind sitting down at the local pub and arguing football over a beer. Jaws is a know it all, but he does know his shit so its ok. He does not try to talk over the other guys and seems to at least get along with them. The trio is a little raw but i could see them growing into one of the better groups to listen to in a long time.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Any combination of anyone with Theismann in the equation is always < anything else.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Gruden will probably be back coaching next year so they won't last.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Your probly right on that. Who knows, most thought Cower would be back by now as well, but talking football without the strees and hours of coaching it, combined with a big fat paycheck, can leaad one to spend a long time in the booth.

8. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Good announcers to me are like good refs. If you're good, I usually don't remember who you were. I usually remember the ones that suck ass. I don't think my theory is 100% foolproof, but its solid.

9. Big Blocker

Yeah Jaws is kind of in your face about how much of the game he knows, but at least he knows it and knows how to talk about it, so on the whole I like him.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats apologist talk right there. granted i am on the other side and will look at sanchez more negatively than positive but give me a freakin break. he underthrew the ball to the point the guy had to STOP, not slow down a little he fuckin stopped.

yes he made a good read, he caught a lb who completely blew the coverage against a rb. i would hope he makes that read.

im not against the guy but some people are so in fuckin love with this guy that he could get their daughter pregnant and they would come up with an excuse why its ok.

the guy played like shit, we expect that to happen... he will not play top notch every week. but for fucks sake when he sucks at least call it like it is. had it been clemens having that day people would be calling for his head.

fanatics annoy me because they have absolutely no grasp on reality.

thats a general statement not directed at anyone in particular.

11. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Jaws knows his shit. His personality might rub some people the wrong way, but the man watches more film than anyone in the business and he has a great deal of insight.

Gruden will eventually grow past his "I'm gonna verbally suck off whomever we're talking about at any given moment" phase. Chucky critiqued his own players like no other; why does he feel like that wouldn't be welcome in the booth?

12. Don

Clemens did have that day too..starting with his jump pass pick 6. Luckily for him after that he got to play with all 2s.

13. Big Blocker

In all seriousness, throwing short should concern everybody. I am along with everyone else hopeful that Sanchez picks up and improves, but arm strength is not something that can be taught.

Jus sayin...

14. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Are you serious here? Talk about being negative for shits and giggles... Does anyone else here think he has a weak arm because I don't agree at all. Not Flacco strength, but definitely able to make all the throws. I thought the Leon pass was right on the numbers and quite a perfect throw, IDK if thats just my biased Jet fan side talking it could be. Wish I had Tivo...

Name one QB who can fire a rocket while they are getting creamed...

#74 JackBower, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  15. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I agree, I thought he had pretty good zip on the passes, nothing special, but it certainly wasn't a Pennington-type arm. I'd like to see him get out of the pocket a little more when needed. He seems to be a little more comfortable when rolling out.

Bottom line, he seemed jittery. Thankfully this is the preseason. The time to get used to the timing, take a few good shots, get the nerves out. He'll still be nervous for the first part of the year, and I'm not gonna hang from his taint and say that he's the next Elway. He's gonna have a tough year. He'll probably throw more INTs than TDs. But I hope to see him improve as the year goes on and most importantly not force things and make stupid mistakes too often. Run out of bounds, throw it away if there's no one open. That's why we have a good running game and a strong defense. The defense can't make up for pick-6's all day long.

16. alleycat9

im about 99% sure he was not serious. he was making a statement on people who overreact to one bad game or actually couple of series.

17. Don

I find myself incredulous about the title of this thread. Wouldn't everybody prefer that the announcers, especially those on MNF, were gushing about our QB rather then dumping on him?

18. alleycat9

of course we would rather they are on his jock. it will make it much more comfortable for him to learn the ropes.

the issue is that they were over the top still rubbing his balls even though he played like crap. i think people like them to call it like they see it whether its good or bad, they might also realize that the other kid doesnt have a chance with all the manlove for sanchez.

19. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

jon gruden is in love with sanchez

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hahaha, good old alleycat. If people were bashing Sanchez, you'd be his biggest champion. There is no winning with you.