Ravens Game Re-Cap

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Aug 25, 2009.

1. SomeNoob

SomeNoob Member

Rex threw down the gauntlet, said this game meant more, and he showed me something..

The ravens starters looked polished, professional, business like. Flacco is going to have a hell of a season.

The jets looked like a college team at times. When the jets look like football players, when they look as smooth as the ravens, they will be SB contenders. ATM I see us as 8-8/9-7 at best.

Maybe Brian Schottenheimer will surprise me with his offense. From what I see, he likes to call stupid plays at times. He does not tailor the offense to the players. He seems to like to use "shock and awe" a little too much. I don't understand why he can't just dumb it down, keep it simple, do what the old 80's giants did with Phil Simms.. Run, run, pass..Keller is our possession WR. Screw the other WR's.. Let them be bait, just run that damm ball north/south, stop being fancy. Stop trying to do too much asshat. kkthxbye

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

Anybody see Scott jawing with one of the Ravens O-Linemen last night? He got right up in his face, and stood up for his Jets teammate. That's the kinda' attitude I want to see every Jet exhibit!

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I agree totally with this post. While I liked some of what I saw from Sanchez, if their roles had been reversed, most of this board would be clamoring for Sanchez to get the start next week because of what he showed in the second half against the 2's and questioning the terrible play that Clemens had with the 1's. Clemens was put in a bad position at the end of the 2nd quarter. 2 minute drive, 1st play is a draw up the middle. He did make a terrible decision with that INT, but it was no worse than the terrible reads Sanchez made earlier in the game.

I don't see Sanchez and further ahead of Clemens in this 'battle' than he was yesterday morning. However, I don't see much from Schotty putting either of them in position to succeed.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Bottom line is... if Sanchez and Clemens aren't distinguishing themselves from one another, then you go with Sanchez, because he is the future of this team.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I agree. I'm just not sure that the offensive playcalling will allow a fair chance to find out.

6. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Scott loooked good.