Eagles (Vick)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 23, 2009.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Every person I play online now wants to use the Eagles and run around with Vick. If someone knows what they're doing it's nearly impossible to stop. This shit pisses me off - guy is out of the game for 2 years, comes back and is the most unstoppable player in madden.

F'n queers need to pick a different team.

2. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

You knew it was coming. Look at the user name for the person in our league who has the Eagles.

3. 624

624 Banned

Yeah I've come to the point where if a team wants to use the Eagles I don't even bother starting the game...I just exit and find a new one.

4. ........

........ Trolls

Oof. I haven't encountered this yet. I've just been playing my offline franchise so far, but I was about to start playing online. Good to know.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

i think i have an idea of what they're doing....somebody tried that shit on me with the fins using pat white he sucked but Vick with those receivers and backs can be painful

6. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

If you run some sort of contain or blitz the corners it usually shuts it down unless they are sprinting straight back.

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

My buddy who has played exclusively with Vick since he has been in Madden tells me hes not nearly as easy to play with as he used to be. There are ways to stop him, and Im told him accuracy sucks balls. He's prone to the turnover if you make him throw the ball. I dont know if that will help you. Im guessing Nickle/Dime formations combined with zone blitz/Qb Spy should do the trick.

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Thats the guy I was referring to. Thats my friend who is a huge Vick fan. He used to be really good with Vick, but he tells me that hes so bad in this game, he might not use him. If he does use him though, he's benching McNabb, go figure.

I'll find out tonight. I play him in week 1.

#8 Scikotic, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  9. WhiteShoeWillis

Zone blitzing works well to stop him from running but if they know what they're doing that leaves parts of the field open. QB spy is worthless as Vick is faster than anyone you could spy him with.

I'm able to shut down some people trying to Vick it up, but people who are good are unstoppable.

#9 WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  10. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

The other night the guy I was playing who has been using the Eagles and running with McNabb tried to use Vick on me....but like I said in that thread, the guy is pretty bad and tried to throw on the run....the ball went like 5 yards in front of the TE on a crossing route (which is the one pattern he always throws to on one of the three plays he ever uses).

11. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

QB Contain will work amazingly. Blitz from one side and contain on the other.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

How do you get Favre and Vick in the game?

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Sounds like playing online sucks worse than last year.

Any more glitches found?

14. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Go Online, then start a quick game, it?ll tell you, that you need to update your roster, download the update, and save it.

Same BS every year, I didn?t play Madden online with random opponents for years now, I either play Franchise or play Online with ppl that I know. I actually thought EA got it right this time, but then I found that guide of how to perform a Rocket catch on youtube, and then Vick was in and owns everyone.

I never got what the fun is in using all those Glitches. Yeah, you win, but is it really fun to do the same BS over and over again in every game?

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I think I will do what someone in the thread already said....the rare occasions where to do play soemone in the lobby, I'll back out if they pick the Eagles....either that or pick the Eagles as well.

Last night I went into practice mode and labbed ways to stop Vick....I played as the Eagles so I could make him scramble ever time. Out of the shotgun, corner blitzes don;t work because if you wait in the pocket long enough, the guards will pick up the blitzing corner and you can pretty much run him off tackle. By the time you cross the LOS, your WRs are blocking the DBs and it was like a 30 yard gain or more every time.

Against DE contain, if you can get a tackle or other player out side, he will block the DE once he starts to move in on you. Against Peppers, though, it was tough...but you can just run to the other side.

I also ran it against a normal defence....like Cover 2 Man or something, and it was a joke....he doesn't only run like a RB, he breaks tackles like one too....and from about 30 plays he only fumbled once.

I didn't throw the ball, but I can't see it being a problem if you stop that the scramble has been taken away before it's too late. For example, the only way to make corner blitz work is to blitz a LB so the guard has to stay in place or let the guy come free....but if you see that early, you can easily pop a short pass over the bliter and get yourself a first down or more.

It's fuckin' weak man....it will ruin online for sure.

16. German Jets Fan

Did you try to spy him with DBs using a Dime?

Or how about that 9-man-Coverage play?

Or put a fast DB at MLB and try to catch him yourself?

17. WhiteShoeWillis

yes. He's too fast for 1 spy unless you happen to have a Justin Miller or someone on your team you're fucked. I tried with two spies, on each side of the tackle box, that kept him contained but left me in man coverage with no safety help.

Huh? Rush two against Vick? No thanks Mangini.

That's an interesting thought, I'll have to try it. He's fast as hell though, I'm not sure the Jets have anyone that can keep up with him.

I've actually started doing this. Sometimes it takes a while to find someone who doesn't want to be the Eagles though. It's getting ridiculous.

People who are good with him can and will throw the ball as well. It's ridiculous.

18. German Jets Fan

He throws like shit, maybe just covering the hole field and giving him forever to throw it could work.

Gotta try it out tonight.

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I can see doing the 9-man coverage and then picking "show blitz" if you tackled him for a loss on the previous play and are OK with giving up 10 to 12 yards....and if you do drop 9 guys, you better be able to manually control at least one of them.

The thing is, if you have a guy who wants to play cheap with Vick on a 3rd and 22 and he gets to 4th an 8, he's gonna go for it anyway...

20. WhiteShoeWillis

He is inaccurate at times but more accurate than people are suggesting IMO. Putting 9 in coverage would stop the pass but they'll just run wild with him in that situation. I'll try it but see him running wild.