Madden 10 Online Cheese Dcks and How to Beat Them

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 18, 2009.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

First off, I play on 360.

OK so I held off on playing online for a few days, mostly because I hate all the cheese dick players on there. The first game I played, the kid went for it on fourth down in a retarded situation, didn't get it and quit the game. Typical BS from these online douche bags. I will note his gamer tag on here later tonight. GT: xTxHxExxxPxRxOx

The next couple of games went well with normal players but then I ran into another cheeser. Again, I'll note his gamer tag later. Anyway, this guy takes the Patriots and runs basically 1 play the whole time. He goes into shotgun, 4 wide with Galloway and Moss twins right. Moss runs a fly and Galloway runs a deep in. After the snap he rolls right to avoid the rush and either hit's Galloway on the deep in or if you manually cover that he keeps rolling out until he can hit Moss with an underthrown bomb. Moss of course comes back and catches it every time. Oh yeah he went for it every fourth down too.

Obviously I tried taking away the deep in by manually covering with Rhodes, but then he just rolled right and did that stupid bomb. Eventually I figured out that if I ran a cover 3, blitzed the left side, and moved Ellis out to the right to manually rush and take away the roll out he couldn't do shit. He tried a couple of things here and there but as all cheese dick players are he didn't know what the fuck to do when his bullshit money play was taken away. I eventually crushed him with the Jets. It always feels great to crush the cheesers.
    GT: KNOwN By ROb

I thought this would be a good way to keep a log of who the cheesers are and also share some strategies against these fags.

Code:
    [b]Cheese Dick Players:[/b]
    [b]360[/b]
    xTxHxExxxPxRxOx - Quits after not making stupid fourth down attempt
    KNOwN By ROb - Runs one money play repeatedly, goes for it on all 4th downs.
    [b]PS3[/b]
    Major303  - One play cheeser - wildcat.
    [b]unspecified[/b]
    SJSAM21 - wildcat cheeser

#1 WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I think you just have to hope you can find a way to stop the money play man...it sucks. The worst thing is a lot of thsoe shitheads know how to disconnect without getting a loss too. I haev played so many games on Sunday nigth after having beers and watchign gaems all day that I jsut get fed up and quit and end up screwing over my record....but I don;t play for rank anyway....it's just painful giving some little pantywaste kid a win.

Back in like Madden 2006 I knew unblockable blitzes and a few other cheap tricks, so if someone did that shit to me I'd just call those blitzes and sack the QB as soon as he got the snap until the kid quit or I dominated.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most is how much people go for it on 4th. I am surprised EA has forced that accelerated clock on us but won't put restrictions on when you have to punt.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

^ so are you signing yourself up as an online cheesedick? Gamer tag please.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I hear of cheesers already on here and other sites with so called "nano" blitzes. I never knew what it was until it happened a few weeks ago to me in Madden 09. These types of players lab plays for hours until they find glitches in the system. Sad and takes the fun out of the game.

For guys like you are referring to. I use a simple LB QB contain, or use the DE's as contain. Not sure if it is in the Ryan playbook as I only played on quick game so far on Madden 10. But I know for sure there are plenty of containment type plays with Mangini's playbook. Against guys like that, I ran a two deep man with DE contain and frustrated them pretty quick. Mangini's playbook also had a dime contain with the two inside corners coming down for contain.

5. jgangstahippie7:18

I hate when people run the wildcat for 5-10 plays in a row. It increasingly gets inaffective ,but IMHO when you have a QB like Rivers there is no need to do the Wild Cat...You are not Chad lol.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I run maybe 5 plays a game out of it with Deangelo. Any more then that, it doesnt work...

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

No because I don't know how to do that shit now....but I wish I did. From now on I think I will try my best to only play people I know....but on a whim that's hard to set up so I am sure I will run into some shitheads

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

The fact that people feel the need to sit in practice mode for hours trying to figure out a way to confuse the AI is pathetic. These are guys that really get their pride from gaming....so beating them is even sweeter cuz you know it will really make 'em feel like shit.

Anyway, I hear the way to beat a nano blitz is to pinch the o-line protection and use quick-hitters which are usually wide open since the LBs aren't there.

9. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

They should bring back "fair play" where it was impossible to go for it on 4th down when there was no reason to.

10. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

^ Absolutely.

If they want to call it a football simulation, they should keep the features that make it like one.

11. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

i played someone today who kept doing a shot gun 3 WR and threw the ball instantly to either the TE Heath Miller or Limas Sweed. IDK what the route is called. They basically both run straight horizontal lines over the middle of the field. They only caught the ball 4-6 yards over the middle but sometimes ran for more. The problem is that after 2 or 3 plays they get a 1st down EVERY time! They also went for it on 4th down!

So anyways I start the game off with the ball and go 3 and out. The other guy gets the ball and does the cheap play I'm talking about every time. He gets to my 30 yd line and then I use my LB and step in front of Heath Miller and Jerod Mayo INT for TD as the 1st Q expires!

He gets the ball back and does the same play the entire time down the field and eventually scores with under 2 minutes left in the 1st half. His D isn't that good so of course with the Pats I drive right down the field and take a 14-7 lead going into halftime.

He gets the ball at half and does the same cheap stuff the entire way down the field. I'm running all types of zones and trying to pick it off but he just throws it to the side I'm not defending. The drive takes pretty much the entire 2nd half. Anyways, he's finally at my 3 yd line with 3 min remaining and he does his cheap play 4 times and I stuff it EVERY time with my 3-4 Cover 2 zone defense. Best feeling ever! I wound up running out the clock and winning 14-7.

He ran 36 plays to my 16 but I picked him off once which was the game.

I can't stand playing people like this but when you beat em it's the best.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

^ gross, you used the Pats?

13. rillo

rillo New Member

I HATE the 'one play' guys and pple to turn off the machine...expose'em!

My first and only time I played online with Madden 10, I played one of those 'one play' tards n lost. Haven't played online since.

#13 rillo, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  14. 624

624 Banned

Why the hell are you using the patriots?? are you one of those cheeseheads who only uses 90+ overall teams?

15. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

umm no he used the Steelers so I decided to use the Pats. So far I have used a diff team just about every time. I'm 14-6 and I have used these teams

Eagles 3 times
    Cardinals 3 times
    Jets twice
    Falcons twice
    Pats twice
    Titans twice
    Cowboys
    Giants
    Redskins
    Panthers
    Colts

16. 624

624 Banned

ok that is totally understandable then :) I just refuse to ever use the patriots as a jets fan..but I do like to chose a team with a similar rating of my opponent(or peer)

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

WSW, that story was bad ass. :beer:

18. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

same here

i dont think ive yet to play in a game with unfair teams.

I actually just played this guy with the Jets and he was the Vikings. He is the Commish of a online franchise I'm in. I destroy him 30-3. After the game he is makin excuses. He says the game was total BS because AP didn't break any tackles. He also said I ran too many screens. I throw screens vs him because he blitzes the house every time. It's easy yards. You wanna defend screens, play man or user control someone to stop it! Very easy. This other kid in my league said he made excuses when he lost to him too so it's not just me.

I hate excuse makers and sore losers.

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Just played some little faggot using the Cowboys, running Wildcat every play with Jones. Couldn't stop him. He was sending me messages all game talkign shit. What a little fag.

PSN: Major303

He seriously must have never seen pussy in his life if hes continually sending messages during and after playing a game in which he ran 1 play. Wow.

#19 Scikotic, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  20. 624

624 Banned

Some fag named OBONZ or 0B0NZ used the raiders and did one of 3 plays the whole time. He either slipped out McFadden or Fargas on a screen, had some 5WR set pass play or ran up the gut. I couldn't stop him he was abusing every little nick in the game and changed the play according to my defense and whatever I did to prevent it he had some plan. His defense was also somehow unstoppable..he would shift his line toward the strong side and manually use Ellis as a LB even though he defaulted to the line.

I got very lucky with an 81 yard TD to Steve Smith and a couple of red zone interceptions and was up 14-14 with a minute left...4th down on the 20 yard line.

Kicked a 37 yd field goal, 10 yard holding penalty.

Kicked a 47 yd field goal, 10 yard holding penalty.

At this point I thought it was a fluke still so I set a couple of my blockers in a different formation to try and stop it, but I nailed the 57 yard field goal with Janikowski and got the hold again, and he got possession.

He ended up winning 24-14.