Dustin Keller vs Zach Miller

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by The Uniform Bomber, Aug 15, 2009.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Forget all the other variables (age, surrounding talent, bullshit etc); who would you rather have as yer starting TE right now?

And who will finish with the better numbers?

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Seriously? Keller and Keller. You are Raiderjoe!

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Keller's ball on Miller face... figuratively speaking.

4. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Easy Zach miller. Zach Miller is a complete TE(can catch and BLOCK) 2 Zach Miller had more big plays than any TE, and it wasn't even close. 3 Zach Miller numbers last year would have been alot better if they didn't have to keep him in as much to block .(help protect russell) With the addition of rookie TE brandon Meyer(very similiar players) he dosen't have to stay in to block anymore. Raiders might have the best group of running back blockers. They been destroying blitzers.

Zach Miller numbers will be way better than dustin Keller. Simple it because of the amount of playmakers surrounding him this year. DHB caught one ball against dallas but if you saw how far there safetys were playing(fearing DHB speed- ) . Chaz Schilens, DHB, Louis Murphy , javon walker , and D Mcfadden all threatning a defense. That opens the middle for zach Miller to do some serious damage. Raiders didn't even try one seam pass down the middle against cowboys. Why? Reason they know that is Russell best pass(almost impossible to stop) and he can throw that pass on a dime with his eyes close.

5. The Uniform Bomber

Dustin Keller is probably the fastest (or one of the fastest) TEs in the NFL, which means he's a matchup problem. If Keller was on the Raiders, all we'd hear about is his 40 time and triangle #s that make him unstoppable. But I guess, all of the sudden, those #s don't mean anything in RaiderJoe Land.

Reports have said Keller improved his blocking, which is making him more complete. (Speaking of which, for how bad his blocking is, didn't the Jets have the AFC's leading rusher last year? I'm not saying this is owed to Keller -- the point being, his blocking services are obviously not even relied upon because they don't need to be relied upon.)

After last night - picking up from last year - I'd take Keller in a nanosecond. He gets open, catches everything, and has the speed to break it loose. Miller doesn't do any of these better than Keller. So he run blocks better, BFD. I'll take Keller's Offensive threat skills over Miller's better run blocking skills, hands down.

6. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Raiders have a /H- back type( what Keller truly is) that way way faster than Keller. Marcel Reece 6'3 240 4.42 versus Keller 6'2 248 4.5 something
    Lets talk production. IF Dustin Keller was this fastest TE + better playmaker , shouldn't he had more 20 plus plays than Zach Miller last season. (since he can get down seam faster than Miller) That with a hall of fame Qb throwing him the football and safeties playing well off line of scrimmage .(should have opened up the middle for him to exploit)

Going by the stats they don't back up your claim\, Miller was the better deep threat, pass catcher and playmaker, than Dustin Keller. His numbers were way better than Keller(so I don't where your coming up with your theory- because the facts don't support your opinion) http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead...Select+a+Player...&playerFour=Select+a+Player...

Those numbers are only going to go way up in Zach Miller advantage to Dustin Keller numbers. Again simple reason Playmakers. Raiders have so many explosive playmakers surrounding Zach miller , that they are going to stretch a defense so thin, that the whole Middle will be open for Zach Miller to exploit. His plus 20 yard gains could double in 2009.(had 16 last year) Another fact, jamarcus Russell throws that deep seam passs down the middle as well as any QB.(almost impossible to defend) Raiders didn't even bother throwing one of those passes thursday night against Dallas. Reason be, why work on what you know you can do well, work on the other stuff.

There is a big diffrence comparing Raiders running game to the Jets last year. The facts are every team that faced the Raiders knew the Raiders were going to run it. They loaded up the box to stop it. Jet were never a run first team last year. There sucess with the running game was due to running out of the spread offense. Its alot easier to run when safeties are well of line of scrimmage(protecting against Favre reputation) Lets see if they have the same sucess when everyone know they are running it.
    Raiders running gamew gfoing to blow Jets running game away. Team can't put anywhere as many defenders in the box to stop the Raiders running gamne, without getti8ng hurt real fast.

Lets see D Keller put up better numbers than Zach miller before you make silly claims he the better playmaker. In your dreams.

#6 Raiderjoe, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  7. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

Did you really say that Keller is the fastest TE in the league? Everyone knows the raider don't have a single player that doesn't run 40yds more than 4.5 seconds. Not that helps them win games, but everyone on the raiders can run like a muthafucker.

8. The Uniform Bomber

Raiderjoke, yer basing everything on Keller's ROOKIE year in which he didn't play full-time. Miller has had an extra year to grasp playing in the NFL, which is much more significant than age or anything else. Keller has now had that year, and this year he's going to take off.

It's no coincidence that every QB from Favre to Sanchez loves throwing to him because he runs his routes well, gets open, catches and gets YAC-- oh yeah, and that's without (as you've constantly told us) Jets playmakers making it easier for Keller; Keller is the playmaker.

In the end, Keller is the much better athlete, is faster, and is a bigger threat. That will be proven this year.

9. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Dude, you had to have done this to stir up Joe. Good stuff. Hadn't heard any BS in a while from him.

Just a quick question for RadierJoe, is there ANY position player for the Jets that is better than anyone on the Raiders?

10. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Actually amazingly enough I agree with raiderjoe, I'd rather have Miller all things being equal Keller's advantage is being somewhat faster, but Miller is a much better blocker, and has better size for the position, keller is a bit small to really be an every down TE.
    In terms of hands they are about equal, if I had to pick one I'd say maybe Miller has slightly better hands.

11. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Jeaux continues to dazzle us with his bullshit.

I haven't read one thread from Jeaux about Miller and Keller that didn't mention blocking. Guess what Jeaux, our line isn't a fucking high school line, they don't need Keller to block...hence the AFC's leading rusher. Jokeland on the other hand, sucks moose testicles, and needs all the help they can get...hence JaMarcus Russell's fat ass. Why else would you want a 300lb QB? Shut-the-fuck-up.

Oh yeah. Keller :)

12. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I would rather haveKeller hands down

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Raiderjoe thinks Keller is old.

14. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

You can keep dreaming all you want. Until his numbers are better than zach miller in any season. Than you can claim he's the better playmaker. Right now its all talk. Zach Miller the way better player and playmaker (Stats prove it) He 15 months younger than Dustin keller too. Just wait till he fills out in 15 months.

15. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

I wouldn't mind having Kris Jenkins on the Raiders.

16. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

You want to be called a TE and not a H-back, you must be able to block. Its one of the job requirements for a TE. Of course you don't want to talk about blocking- your guy can't do it.

NOw whose BS who , your H-back your making like he has put up better reciever numbers than zach Miller. Thats not true. Zach Miller put up way better numbers than Dustin keller. The numbers show who the real playmaker and better te is.
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead...Select+a+Player...&playerFour=Select+a+Player

Now when you throw in the blocking part, your opinion becomes even more laughable.

#16 Raiderjoe, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  17. SyracuseJet

You can call him a fucking Nose Tackle for all I give a shit. The only thing laughable in here is your life, grammar and football knowledge...or lack thereof. When your team becomes relevant again, let us know, until then, have a coke and a smile and embrace mediocrity.

I don't know why I let this guy rope me into this shit.

18. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

In other words, I owned you again. I brought facts to the table, while you brought your homerism. You had no facts to comeback at me with. So lets talk about my grammar. Nicely played.

19. 624

624 Banned

So let's talk about my grammar.

20. SyracuseJet

Rookie Seasons

Dustin Keller: 48 Catches 535 Yards 3TD

Zach Miller: 44 Catches 444 Yards 3TD

Apples to apples.

I already mentioned in previous posts that last year Miller received 25% of the Raiders Receiving while Keller only received 11%. But unfortunetly, when I add percentages, your brain fails to compute and has to reboot. Such is life.

You brought the same thing you always bring, bullshit. I brought 3 facts to the table; your life, football knowledge and grammar are all laughable. Those are indeed facts.