Your Guide to Cheap Jets Jerseys

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Double Zero, May 7, 2009.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Well, just placed an order with Yoyocart.....shipping pretty much doubles the price, but it's still cheap as hell.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I literally have worn the jerseys I bought 1 time and that was the Sabathia and I wore it to the bar to watch the game against the Sox.

I'm going to the yankee game on the 28th, I'll probably wear the Jeter, unless CC is pitching then I'd wear the CC.

My Sanchez and Brodeur are in the tailor's shop.

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I see on the white Sanchez jersey above and many of the other pictures a lot of "air-bubble" type things under the numbers. To me, that makes it look really cheap. I have a real authentic jerseys where the numbers are completely flat and it looks 100 times better. The bad part is that it's a Ty Law jersey I got last month for $19.99

4. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Nobody know the difference? There were plenty of fake Sanchez's floating around Florham Park for Minicamps and everyone knew they were fakes and I made a point to ask the people where they got them from and I heard answers of yoyocart, jerseymall and jersey101. They look like crap and they will wear out quicker.

But to each his own.

5. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Not willing to go through 500+ posts to see if already mentioned but wanted everryone to know that the Jets Store in NYC (apporx. 48th and Madison) is clearing out jersey's

Proferssional jersey's - $99 (Coles - Green & White) - (Pennington - Titans) Regular price $220 - Minmially 1 of each size Small thru XL

Replica Jersey's - Gholston, Jones, Favre, Coles - $29 Regular Price - $75

6. Heavy Metal Thunder

I have a question for you jersey wearers... I really want to get a Stuckey jersey but do you think its a bit premature? If I get it, I'll be getting the $209 authentic on nflshop.com so it would be a risky investment considering he hasn't "arrived" yet. I've been debating this in my head for a few days and am struggling over whether I should pull the trigger and get it.

#506 Heavy Metal Thunder, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  7. MurrellMartin

Thank you for wearing a real jersey that will actually last you over the course of time! That's number one.

Secondly, no, it isn't too early. Who the heck wants to be the 20,000th guy in the stadium wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey? Screw that. Be original. I started wearing Rhodes jerseys when he was a rookie, finally did the upgrade to an authentic Rhodes in 2007. Now there are more Rhodes', but still not nearly as many Pennington's, Vilma's, Favre's and now Sanchez's. If you like a guy, go for it. Be original.

You will at least get 2 years out of it, Stuckey is under contract for two more years and he has high hopes. Worst comes to worse you spend another $200 in 2-3 years.

P.S. If you're going to do it, do it now. NFLShop.com has a 15% off personalized gear promo going and I'm not sure when it ends. Obviously you'd have to customize the Stuckey, so it would be more like $184 instead of $219.

#507 MurrellMartin, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  8. ........

........ Trolls

I'm sorry, why do you care so much? You're thanking him for buying a real jersey? Does it affect you in some way when people buy the fake ones? What about replicas? How many levels of caring and appreciation are there when it comes to jerseys?

I bought my Rhodes authentic in 2006. Does that make me a bigger fan or more appreciative jersey owner than you? I got a Leon authentic in the 2008 offseason. I own a few replicas and just got an authentic Sanchez jersey so I can get it signed the next time he comes back to visit his folks. And still...despite the fact that I would apparently qualify as a good jersey owner in your opinion, I don't give a shit about anyone buying a fake. In fact, I may order one for myself instead of dishing out an additional $200+ on another authentic soon.

Congratulations on being the self-appointed jersey police. Personally, I can't see why the hell you care so much...it's their money, it'll be their jersey to wear...but bravo anyway.

9. ........

........ Trolls

Nah, if you want a Stuckey jersey, buy a Stuckey jersey. The most important name on the jersey has four letters and isn't going anywhere. If he succeeds, you've had his back the whole way. If he flames out, you've got a great story. Personally, I think you're just fine with that purchase.

10. MurrellMartin

Just annoys me. I'd rather see people wear a replica than the fakely made crap, actually.

They can do whatever they'd please, I'm just here to educate on what actually does happen with these jerseys. If people want to piss there money away on things that look like garbage and will fall apart in time, so be it. Just like the idiots who buy the "fallen off the truck" Mitchell and Ness jerseys on EBay for $40.

To each his own, like I said before.

Good to see you wear a real jersey.

11. Heavy Metal Thunder

Okay you guys twisted my arm, I went ahead and ordered the jersey and got the 15% preseason discount on nflshop which is good till Aug 17th in case anyone else wants to take advantage of it.

Yeah I have nothing against knockoff jerseys, I just personally prefer the authentics. I'm kind of a jersey snob, like women who have to have a "real" Coach bag. My favorite jersey though is my old Starter brand Chrebet from back in the day. The Starter jerseys from the pre-Reebok era just fit me like a glove and I like the material on them better.

12. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

Does anyone know where to find a cheap "authentic" white Revis jersey? They were on the Chinese sites a couple months ago but they've seem to have disappeared.

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

im wearing my authentic klecko jersey i had custom made by nike in 2000

14. MurrellMartin

Good to see you took advantage of the discount. It's a great deal, isn't it?

15. MurrellMartin

In what style jersey? The one he wore or the current day uniforms?

16. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

Like I posted a few pages ago. What I do now is, I go on ebay, find a jersey that is 100 percent authentic, and strip the numbers off. In this case, I found a Brett Favre Jersey from last year. Stripped all the numbers off and made it look like this. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jersey cost me 30 bucks, and to get it done was 87. So for 110 bucks, you can have an authentic jersey for a good price. When Bart Scott gets traded, or leaves, or whatever happens, I strip everything off, and do it again. If you have a Ty Law jersey, you can rip nameplate off, and get it made into a Revis. Just my approach, and my 2 cents
    After that is done, I took it to Cosby Sports in NYC, and got it professionaly done, and attributed to Bart Scott, now it looks like this.

17. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Someone wearing a replica jersey or even a fake one doesn't bother me at all. The entire point of a jersey is to show that you root for the team, so to that end, I wouldn't even be bothered if someone showed up with a white t-shirt and wrote JETS in magic marker on it.

It's not like wearing an authentic jersey is going to get you the chance to actually play in the game. $200 is way too much to spend on a jersey.

18. funderek

funderek New Member

How do you pull off all the numbers without damaging the jersey? I tried to do this once and eff'd the jersey up.

19. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

You need to buy a seam ripper. They are about 2.50 at duane reade.. Once you have it, you do it very slowly, and rip the threads that attach jersey, to numbers/letters. If you want to know more, you can PM me, and i can get pictures later this weekend. Its not a hard process at all, just takes time. Worth it in the end.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Why in the world anyone would give a shit about what ind of jersey someone else wears is beyond me. I'm starting to think 124 gets some kind of kick back from every jersey purchased from the NFL shop, that is the only reason I could possibly think of that he would get his panties all in a bunch over some stranger wearing a knock off.