DHB catching everything

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Raiderjoe, Jul 31, 2009.

1. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

Hey, you should wish your 16 start Vinnie Chase lookalike QB could throw it like our "fat" guy!

2. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Admittedly, Pillsbury has a cannon, but he needs to worry more about the old man looking to take his job. Otherwise he'll be taking up 3-4 seats on the bench.

3. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

Don't believe the hype. Russell's having a good camp and Garcia's been out with a calf injury since Monday. Russell's the starter and he always was going to be unless he did a major faceplant.

I find the "fat" thing funny too because he has better mobility at 270 than a lot of smaller QBs. Remember his TD dart to Javon Walker while scrambling to his left against the vaunted Jets D last year? I sure do.

4. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

You have about the same chance of Jeff Garcia being Raiders starting QB. None. Without a doubt jamarcus Russell is the Raiders starting qb.

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

so how many "doubt digit loss" seasons is this going now?

6. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Problem is, that was about 30 lbs ago.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

6 going on 7.

i need 4-12 for my palindrome motivational poster.

8. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Raiders defensive coordinator John Marshall answer to this question.

Q: You ever played as much man as Raiders traditionally do?
    A: I'll tell you what, in my 30 years and 12 or 13 years of being a coordinator, I don't think I've been blessed with a team that has the corners that can run like these young men can do. So I'd have to say this is the fastest group of corners and coverage people that I have had. They are a good talented group.

Now this little exerpt in another article.

Forget about the drops for a moment. DHB gets open regularly, and on these defensive backs, that's no easy task. When defensive coordinator John Marshall admits that in his 30 years of coaching, "I'd have to say this is the fastest group of corners and coverage people that I have had," that's saying something--and DHB is beating all of them. Fred Biletnikoff, Cliff Branch, and Jerry Rice all had trouble catching the ball early in their careers and if DHB can be half as good as that trio with his hands, he's worthy of a first-round selection. He's beaten everyone from Nnamdi Asomugha to Darrick Brown and it will be interesting to see what he does in a game.

If Dwight lowery is playing CB against DHB , he better give him a thirty yard cushion.

Note to Dwight Lowery when DHB blows by you like you were a statue, grab your hamstring. (fake an injury)

#88 Raiderjoe, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No. How about we talk about those drops for a moment Joe?

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Yea he had a bad practice. How about Dhb catching fourteen of 16 passes (one was a pass interference call) in the very next practice. That kind of story dosen't sell as well, as the drops does.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...sed/#more-5750

– Rookie first-round pick Darrius Heyward-Bey has not only been holding on to the ball, but is gradually making cleaner catches with fewer bobbles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McFadden blows up Boschetti

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
    Saturday, August 8th, 2009 at 12:48 pm in Oakland Raiders.

News, notes and observations as relayed by beat writer Steve Corkran after Saturday morning’s practice before the Raiders depart for the Raider Nation Celebration at the Coliseum:

– The biggest hit of camp came from an unlikely source.

Running back Darren McFadden, during a team pass blocking drill, not only walled off defensive tackle Ryan Boschetti, but knocked the 310-pounder on his backside to the delight of his teammates.

Boschetti got heckled for 20 or 30 seconds in the aftermath.

It’s been hit and miss for McFadden as a pass blocker, but some of the hits have been impressive. Two days before, he got under pad level and drove Sam Williams back three yards.

Justin Fargas and Michael Bush also have seemed to take to their blocking with gusto, and it’s something Cable will demand of his backs. If all goes according to plan, the days of LaMont Jordan shrinking away from the likes of Shawne Merriman will be a thing of the past.

“If I’m a tailback and I’ve got to block a 350-pound guy, I’ve got to do that,” Cable said. “You don’t like it, you don’t make a living doing it, but every once in awhile you’ve got to clean it up.”

#90 Raiderjoe, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  11. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Hey, more power to the guy. No one doubts his speed. He does have the potential to be good if he can blow by people like that consistently and his hands improve. We'll see.

12. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Exactly we will see. It dosen't matter what Dhb does in practice(he has very good practices and some he rather forget. It dosen't matter what he does in the preseason. Were going to judge Dhb on what he does in the regular season. (what we judge ever football player on)

No one ever make the hall of fame off the off season.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Then why the fuck did you start a thread titled "DHB catching everything" when you know it gives absolutely no indication of where he stands?

14. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Well the biggest question DHB has to answer is his hands(gil Brandt and others always believed his hands weren't as bad as people said they were. (especially when he going to be the deep threat to stretch the field/defense) DHb dosen't have to catch every ball, but he better catch a majority of them .(or your not going to be a legitimate threat defenses have to worry about-

Yes you really don't know about any player till they start playing for real. (See Browning Nagle, Ryan Leaf, and coluntless other players who looked impressive in the preseason- only to fizzle once the real season started.

But its still important for DHb , to gain confidence in his hands. Like I said DHB has had very good practices 14 out of sixteen passes caught(one pass interference call) and very bad practices. He was johnnie Lam jones.
    Now its all about consistancy. Can he concentrate and try to eliminate those bad days. You drop 99 out of 100 balls in practice, you don't have to wait for the regular season because it not going to change.

Yes its only training camp but the Raiders who have the fastest secondary in all of football,
    are having trouble handling DHB speed. Than what does that mean for the rest of the league who don't have anywhere close to speed raiders have at Cb.

Last point N Asomougha always credits randy Moss for having a big part of him developing into the Cb he has become. N Asomougha lining across from DHB in practice every day , is hugh for DHb longterm development. He can give Asomougha trouble, hes going to give alot of Cb's trouble.

#94 Raiderjoe, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

And that question still hasn't been answered because, in your own words, TC means fuckall.

17. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

"And with the 1st overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select...Usain Bolt."

18. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

For real.

World's fastest man Usain Bolt will be able to cash in on his new world record 9.58-second 100m if he so chooses, thanks to a 2-year, $450 million contract he was offered personally by Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis. "I never heard of these Raiders, and I don't know anything about American football," said Bolt. "But $450 million is a lot of money to turn down. I could easily return to sprinting in two years in time for the Olympics. I'm just a bit hesitant to sign because this Mr. Davis sounded a little bit crazy on the phone." Davis says inking Bolt to the contract, which would put the Raiders over the salary cap several times over, is a great value. "I signed Darrius Heyward-Bey to a $23.5 million contract and he can't really play football either," said Davis. "And this Usain is significantly faster. So he would be appropriately slotted in our team salary structure."

link

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

That'd be a horrible thing, why would we wish that?