17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

what about playoff rights?

oh and F woody

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

So let me get this straight--they can't sell out this year at the regular prices after having an 8-year waiting list, yet they still think they're going to get $4K or $10K/seat PSL to buy jacked up-priced tickets in the new stadium? I would not want to be a PSL sales rep right about now.

3. 17a_tailgater

really,they cant sell a seat in the end zone lower level for $800 a season with no PSL.
    but they think that someone will pay $5000 for the PSL PLUS $1200 for the season tix???????

4. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Looks like woody the worm is going to be on cnbc (or a story about him) and how he's now on twitter begging for followers. This should be interesting.

it's now 12 noon ET, and the segment is coming up.

======================================

Ok the segment sucked--much like the entire jets and psl crap.

The NY jets have figured a way to reconnect to their fast shrinking fan base they so maliciously screwed over by now encouraging players to "tweet" to fans.

What a smart organization. players twittering is going to solve their problem of fast eroding fan support.

#2444 backtoshea, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Their time would be much better spent studying the playbook instead of pissing it away with this utter nonsense. WTF is becoming of this organization?

Do they think twittering to fans is going to take the place of making the playoffs? If we go 6-10 this year, no one will give a rat's ass how much twittering they do. Un-fucking-believable.

6. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

I just called in, and season ticket holders for 2009 are also no longer allowed to upgrade to better seats if they wanted to. Good times.

7. HCUBED

HCUBED Member

It,s almost comical that on Sunday, 09/20/09 @ 1 pm the NY JETS will open the home season with the NE PATS on a neutral field. If it were'nt for the FLIGHT CREW and the home jerseys no one would ever know who the home team is. Way to go Woody!!!!

:jets::jets::jets::jets:

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I love the Jets but the way they manage the season-ticket holders, they brought this upon themselves. It's funny to think just three months ago they were in the usual "pay cash by May 1 or we revoke your children" mode and now they're hawking partial plans.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

A lot of this could have been handled much better starting with a more fan-friendly merchandising of the Jets PSLs from the very start. It would never have gotten this far out of hand had they done things differently (less arrogantly).

1) Let the prospective PSL buyer know what the seat pricing will be 5 years out, so that he can BUDGET the PSL purchase instead of feeling like he's over a barrel and locked into a one-sided fuck job. Knowing where this is all heading would help move the PSLs.

2) Scale-price the PSLs. The first row of a section should not be the same price as Row 28. Make the 1st Row guy pay a heavy price and make the 28th Row half of what the 1st Row is paying in that particular section. That will move the PSLs.

3) Offer much better financing programs, including interest-free programs for shorter term contracts and low (say 2.9%) rates for longer terms. Give the buyer something he can sell to his wife! That would help move the PSLs.

Whoever was put in charge of this program needs to lose his job ASAP, and never be hired again by another pro team other than maybe working the turnstyles collecting tickets or selling potato knishes upstairs. Ridiculous.

10. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

How about no PSLs except for the club seats and boxes? They are splitting this stadium and incurred half the cost they would have....this is greed plain and simple.

11. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

Out of curiosity... how did or are the Giants doing with theirs? Anyone know?

12. 17a_tailgater

http://www.nyg2010.com/

only the mezz sidelines are left
    but they did just win the super bowl against the previously undefeated unbeatable patriots.

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

AND had a waiting list of like, three lifetimes...

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I called today and was told "the Jets are not offerring full season packages to anyone for $1280 " I was told I was misinformed / wrong. Does anyone know someone who was offered what I said in my previous post, the whole season for $1280?

15. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

So the Giants have completed the PSL process, and now anyone can buy them?

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

A guy I know posted this on another board----I don't know where it is from,,but read on

Over the past 6 months the New York Jets have been telling anyone that was willing to listen how great ticket sales have been for their franchise. The Jets proclaimed that they were a team that had no problem selling out their stadium and even had a waiting list full of fans waiting for their chance to purchase seats. Fast-forward to the first week of August and it appears that Gang Green is pressing the panic button in terms of ticket sales. For the first time in as long as I can remember the New York Jets are offering season tickets to the general public. And to top things off they are offering a 20% discount in addition to other perks if you purchase the seats now. Are you kidding me?

The New York Jets, an NFL team that plays in one of the biggest markets in the country, is having a hard time selling out their stadium.

So where did the Jets go wrong? Could it have been the exorbitant Personal Seat Licensing program that is being rolled out for the 2010 season? Or the fact that Jets have not won a championship in over 40 years but continue to be amongst the highest priced tickets in the National Football League? Or maybe it is how the Jets spent over $75 million dollars on their training facility only to have their training camp 4 hours away from it?

Regardless of the answer the New York Jets have finally alienated their diehard group of fans. A once proud group that loved to bring their passion and energy to the stadium has been priced out of the building. Can you imagine the attendance issues next year when the Jets are looking to get between $400-700 per seat in certain areas of the stadium?

Parting Shot: As a tenured season ticket holder will I get any type of refund since tickets are now being sold at a 20% discount? Or is that just another perk of being a long time season ticket holder?

17. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Those pics are great on the first page, what I love is the seats. They actually look more like Jets colours than Giants colours which has me pumped. I can't stand watching Jet games and seeing red seats if they are unoccupied. Atleast if they are empty on game days it wont be so obvious that someone isn't sitting there since they look to be grey, white and dark green.

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

Usually this time of the year I'm focused on training camp and talking about the rookies we drafted and I plan a trip to training camp. This year F training camp I'm not taking a trip to Cortland, NY to find out there is a rain storm and practice is canclled for the day. I can't even get focused on the 2009 team. Instead I wonder what will happen to me for 2010. I should be able to get upstairs maybe last row uppers but I'll take em for a year and see how I feel. This whole process has ruined my fun I have this time of the year. Instead Woody Johnson has made an ass out of this organization. He has to realize we are in a big market BUT this is a 2 team market. Yankees/Mets, Devils/Islanders/Rangers, Knicks/Nets, Giants/Jets. The Jets are like the Mets, Devils, Islanders, and Nets. They are the second group. If you notice these other second class teams usually have cheaper ticket prices. Instead ours are more. Since I was a kid I have been a Jets fanatic and am at the games regardless. This year I question why do I let myself get fucked like this. I love the Jets but how can I support this organization? It's kind of like being in an abusive relationship. How much can you take?

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yea really. I don't want to talk to the players, I want a winning team on the field. Yesterday. Tired of the bullshit, start winning.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am pumped up for the 2009 season. I don't care who comes and how many seats are empty. Anyone who gave up their 2009 seats were not real fans anyway. Kill the Jets for 2010 and the PSL's, kill them for the 2008 collapse and kill them for having camp 4 hrs. away even though I think it was a good idea, but we have a football season to play and I am pumped for this team. Enough with the tickets, who cares, I would rather have 50,000 die hard fans then 78,000 that we had. I think some of you are piling on a bit even though they I do agree the jets are getting what they deserve.