17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I understand that different people can afford different , cars, hoses, stuff but judging by all this talk most people cannot afford a PSL at these costs

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

My convo would go as follows "nice to meet you...like your daughter I hate you too." You guys have seen that article his own daughter won't talk to him right?

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

Just to add I called the Jets before to complain about this 20% thing. They said it's off individual game tickets. Basically they're saying IF they ever sell individual game tickets they will be 20% above cost of season tickets per game. So if you have a $100 ticket if it gets sold on ticketmaster someone else will pay $120. I told the guy maybe they should change their add a bit. How many seats do you say are unsold? Vegas should start an over under of 10,000 seats. I'd put $50 on the over.

4. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

also, they arent requiring people who jump on board now to buy preseason tickets.. they lie.. my convo was totally different.. the 20 percent off meant that u dont have to buy 2 games.. andonly need to buy 8 games.. these guys are huge liars

5. JetsSec337Lot13B

Nothing makes sense. This team is starting to remind me of the Detriot Lions. I love the Jets and love being with other Jets fans but I am to the point that I will keep my tixx in 2010 and then just stay in the lot and won't buy Jets merchandise. I feel like I'm giving money to Hitler.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I feel the same way. You won't see me standing in line buying anything inside the new stadium, except when I take my brand new grandkids in a couple of years.

For now, I'm eating and drinking in the parking lot and won't give Woody one dime. The only 5-star "amenity" I need in the new place is a urinal.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Sec 227, its been that way for me for 29 years. I have bought 2 cups of coffee in 29 years. SOB's get nothing from me except my piss and garbage from all my sandwiches.

8. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

OK, so they are now waiting until late September to get back to the 2010 seating...they are taking a chance, big time. In my opinion, they must be hoping they start out 3-0, 3-1, whatever... get the fans excited about the team.... talking playoffs... much easier to then come back and start talking about PSLs again. This is their best case scenario... another scenario... we start out 1-3... then they come back and say to the ticketholders.... so errr... ummm....about next season.... I know we aren't very good right now, but think you would be ok with putting up at least 4k to see this 1-3 quality football next year...... where is that FAIL thread....

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i really think they are praying that the "recession" and its effects will pass while they try to scramble to figure out wtf happened and what they are going to do about this year.

i cant understand why they would wait till the end of september other than what you are suggesting green blood. if they are still calling about this season they are gonna be in big trouble.

oh wait thats right they are going to go back through and see if they missed anyone. what a crock of shit this whole thing is.

10. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

Johnson & Johnson sells millions of jars of Vasoline every year.
    So how could Woody bend us over without using any ??
    You'd figure he could at least phone the shipping department at one of his factories and get one of his inbred cousins to ship 'Complimentary Vasoline Jars' to all current Jets season ticket holders .....

Great Job Woody !!!!! ........ now go F Yourself you Inbred Fuck !!!!!

11. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Your hatred for this man is disturbing.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahahaaa... somebody needs to Photoshop a jar of Vaseline and put a Green and White label on it:

NY Jets PSL Vaseline ~ Compliments of the NY Jets.

"Apply liberally to the anal area before purchasing your PSL."

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I missed something in the 100 or so pages....

They are offering a 20% discount on what??

I already purchased for 09 and 10, so I better be getting some money back.

I give my preseason tickets to my cousin every year, I wish I didn't have to pay full price to watch guys that sweep floors during the season.

14. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

Not 20 percent off per sa.. but if you buy your tickets now, you are not forced to buy preseason tickets.. which in essense is 20 percent off

15. Hoboken Jet

Hoboken Jet Member

As I read the posts every day, my stomach churns even more as a result of how die hard fans are being treated...wondering why I put myself through the torture of being a jets fan. This organization is run by a bunch of clowns ...if they were looking to sell more PSL's, simply offer an incentive. There are all of these unclaimed tickets for 2009. Why not include a couple of FREE game tickets (2009) and/or parking, coupons for free food, etc. in 2009 with your PSL purchase? It solves 2 problems...selling 2009 seats and PSLs for 2010.

For those who say it would not be fair to do this as it would screw all of those people who have already bought PSLs (I am not one of them...I will be in the upper deck)...think of it this way...If you bought a stock at the height of the market, and someone else waited until it hit rock bottom in March 09...should the person who decided to buy at the higher price now get something in return because he bought at a higher price and the stock has now tumbled?...the answer is absolutely not. In a phrase...Patience pays.

16. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

Whats embaressing about it is we are such a loser franchise, why do they think they can charge what they want to charge? Because we are in NY? I mean, Dallas is one of the most popular football teams in the league. The Giants have won multiple times and have at least triple the fan base of the Jets.

We haven't been to the bowl since before I was born, and we didn't even make the playoffs last year. We haven't been a legit contender since 1998.

I just don't get how they think people will bend over backwards to give them money. I also love the argument they make to the richies "owning a PSL shows how SUCCESSFUL you are". Most people would go "hmmfff....you must not be THAT successful to have JETS tickets....why not the Giants or the Yankees?".

hahaha. Frickin' Woody really has this all wrong. The Jets are the blue collar squad, not Wall Street darlings.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Woody figured out that he can't get the money by having the fans bend over backward so he decided to make them bend over forward instead.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

How far along are they on the seniority list for calling people about the new stadium? I've lost track of this thread. I'm 2001 seniority and have not been called yet. I can't afford the tickets and I'm probably not buying them, but they don't know that yet.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Purchases

I bought a Mrs. Fields cookie in '97 and then a Mrs. Fields Brownie in '98 - after all, those were good seasons! Some of my friends have bought a bev or two from "Irish Times", and I used to buy my wife hot chocolate until it wasn't always hot. Talk about a waste of money.

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i always put hot dogs and knishes in my pockets during halftime.maybe i pay for 1 dog but believe me i get my money's worth