17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. coorslightcans

im gonna call mike on monday morning. maybe they are offering free membership to tgg with every ticket purchased. this is unreal and ridiculous. what was once sought after by many is now being declined by many.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

Yea selling tickets to some of those events I could justify a $4 or $5k psl. We pay a PSL yearly for preseason tickets which are a ripoff. Leon Hess was the last owner to make us pay for that garbage. If PSLs had in it a limit on price increases every year and rights to every event this would be a much different story. This is going to be almost as embarassing at that Xanadu project for both teams.

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

No reason to take tickets for 2009. Not that many great matchups. Not only that remember the contorversy with the Jewish holidays earlier this year. Those tickets will be up for resale for the Patriots game which is usually the only game that sells above face. This just means more tickets available and cheaper ticket prices. Otherwise you can get 2 tickets and a parking pass for $120 for any game you want and no preseason.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Stop the crap. If you are a real fan, a season ticket holder, you get tickets for the season because you love your team, you love live football and you love to tailgate. Not that many great matchups? How do you know what games are gonna be great. You so called Jet fans that are giving up your season tickets for 2009 are the pussies that come late and leave early and don't show up in cold weather and rainy games so I am gald you are gone. What a lame fan base we have. I hope the place is 1/4 empty so all the pussies stay home and the games are not shown locally. They can go apple picking with their women or go to the mall on Sunday. I am embarassed to be a Jet fan, yeah, blame Woody for 2009 also. Just looking for an excuse to stay home beacuse you people are lazy and cheap. I hope we have a championship season, go 8-0 at home and win both playoff games and you get shut out. And going to a couple of games instead of commiting to the whole season now still means you are a pussy.

#2364 sec314, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just an update for anyone who is waiting like myself for the call for 2010. My rep called me TODAY--Saturday---I missed the call but the message was that " I will be getting called mid to late September as they have stopped calling people because they don't want to miss anyone WHO IS ON VACATION " yep thats the quote. So I was supposed to be called August 3rd but I got a message that I was pushed back " due to the JETS people furlough week " to August 10 th and now this message today that I am pushed back to mid Sept or later. All I can say is PSL'S are not an option and I know what seats I am willing to settle for but the more they let me think about this and the more I look at these big screen tv's THE MORE I AM READY TO SAY FU*K IT and just bail next year all together------enjoy your weekend all

6. JetsSec337Lot13B

For starters I have my season tickets for 2009. Just giving a reason not to pick them up if you're never had them and only want non PSL seats. I have had my tickets since 1991 when I was 11 years old. Since 1997 I've only missed 2 preseason games when I had back surgery one summer. Besides that I haven't missed a game and stay until the end. I was even there when we played the Oilers in 1996 and broke the NFL record for most no shows. To call fans cheap you have some balls though. I enjoy getting into the lot at 8 am and being with friends/family all day. A lot of people are out of work or those who do have work have lost a lot of money in stocks etc. I know a lot of people who had to drop their tickets this year for that reason. If you have a family of 4 and are out of work how can you say ok we're about to lose the house but f it let's spend $3k on seats for this season? I'm looking to buy a house now that I'm 29. If I can't get non PSL seats and say screw it and don't buy a PSL does that make me cheap too?

And just to add to this.....loyalty is a two way street. I've been loyal to the Jets but this bullshit from Woody is what we get in return? I love the Jets however it's hard to know that my money is going into the pockets of scum like Woody.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was just responding to the 2009 issue. I would never critisize anyone for not purchasing a PSL. Its totally insane paying the PSL, my daughter is graduating high school in 2010, I would have been done without the Upper deck. But thats' next season, we have one more year before everything changes , we could suprise if the offense gets it together. Why are people giving up their tickets now, you know why,because we have a lot of ticket holders that are not real Jet fans. Ever since we came to NJ, slowly but surely, less real fans, more of these people. I miss the days of shea when the Jets came out and the place was packed and rocking, 12:50 PM we were ready!!!!! And Klecko would come out running his ass off and the place would be at feverish level. Now..... UUGGHHHHHH, its a total embarassment.

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

I wasn't really old enough to remember the Shea days but it is an embarassment. What I've noticed over the years is this. I believe our stadium holds 80,000. We have 30,000 diehards that show up to every game regardless. 30,000 who are fair weather fans. 20,000 who aren't fans at all. The 30,000 hardcore fans will still be there it's the other 50,000. Also this economy is killing people and Woody's PSLs hurt a lot of fans. I know a few people who lost their jobs and know they have no shot for an upper seat in 2010 so it's fork out $3k or use that $3k to help pay the mortgage. They're diehard fans too but it's sad. It's going to be embarassing for us this year. I'm usually pumped up to go to games but I also know that my tailgate party will shrink to half of what it currently is for 2010.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

our tailgate was once awesome-----------I have been holding it together best I can but the dynamics have truely changed and this year with the PSL's looming really hurt my group even more! We will still have a blast this year those of us that are attending but I don't even know if I will have tickets in 2010---as I said we will eat like champs and drink and have fun and hopefully have a winning season because this year quite possibly is our last

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Let's be fair here, being a die hard fan is not just having season tickets. I have been supporting this team for over 25 years, buying merchandise, blessed to go to an occasional game, feeling that inevitable heartbreak at the end of the year. I have never had season tickets, doesn't make me any less of a fan. Just seeing them available this year does shock me however.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That's the bottom line here, fellas. Just because somebody owns season tickets, that doesn't make him a total Jets fan, so let's be clear on that.

Like 314 says, I've seen lot of "pussies" that were season ticket holders and also seen lots of die-hard Jets fans that got their tickets for a single event the hard way. The guy who sometimes appreciated the tickets more stayed to the very end and cheered on the team no matter what, and the pussy who took it for granted was already in his car.

Monday Night Miracle? I was in my ticketholder seat to the very end. Many other ticketolders were through the turnstiles and starting their cars, ... but alas.... they heard on their freaking car radio that the Jets had tied the f-n game, so now the assholes are at the turnstiles once again looking to get back in.

Hahahahahaa..... no dice. You're out and stay out, meanwhile this ticketholder and many other non-ticketholder one-time game attendees watched from damn good seats (we had moved down to the 1st row) as the Jets defeated the Dolphins, 51-45.

12. JetsSec337Lot13B

I remember that game real well. I came home from college for the game (I came home for every Jets game). Got home at 3 am woke up at 8 am to go back. Fortunately I had a nice professor who let me go home early. Only time I leave early is preseason. No way can I spend the fourth quarter watching a guy who won't be on the team in 2 weeks.

Just to add. I went on facebook before and I had an add to buy Jets tickets. Facebook? C'mon now.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

great game I was there AND STAYED we tailgated afterwards and I got home around 3;30 --it was on NFL network last nite--taped it and watched it today with my kids----great stuff--the only thing missing was Jason Taylors soundbites PRICELESS

14. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

The 51-45 game was not the Monday Night Miracle, it was the O'Brien/Marino duel with Wesley Walker catching the tying TD as time expired and then capping it with a bomb from O'B in OT.

For me that game was the best game I've ever been at , and I've been to 99.9% of every home game since the move to NJ, missed 1 or 2 due to weddings and one when I was in the hospital.

15. JetsSec337Lot13B

I believe the final score of the Miracle at the Meadowlands was 40-37. I'll never forget Jumbo's catch or the Marcus Coleman interception that he fumbled. For the new stadium you think people who couldn't get non PSL uppers will just tailgate and not go in? That's my plan B. I refuse to pay a PSL and if I can't get uppers I'll just stay in the lot with a TV and watch the game and still get to be around other Jets fans before and after. Not the ideal situation but better than watching at home.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is really crazy stuff.... Now they're not making the calls because they're afraid of missing someone on vacation? Isn't it up to the ticketholder to check his voicemail and emails? Doesn't sound kosher.

This whole thing gets more and more bizaare every day.

17. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

Does anybody have any intel on how the Giants single game tickets sold last Friday? i am still fascinated that they did that!!! Did they sell all the tickets they wanted to?

18. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I just looked...seems like all of the divisional games are sold out, but you can still get tix to the Carolina game in December on ticketmaster. But you can still get any seat you want on TicketExchange, just depends on how much you want to spend. The new Jets excuse that they are delaying calls because they are afraid of missing people on vacaction is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!! They must be hurting BADLY on 2009 and PSL sales!!

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

When I called the Jets a few weeks ago I was told they are working on 2009 seats. I don't think they want to admit how bad things are. I'm still willing to bet we lost 15,000 fans this year. I bet everyone who is a season ticket holder here can account for 5-10 seats that were dropped by friends, family, tailgate buddies, people who have sat by you for years, etc.

As far as Giants go I had the password and got seats to any game I wanted. Plan on selling on ebay and going to the Chargers game. We are on the bye that week and I'd like to see Tomlinson play. There were some good seats for some games and awful for others. I was able to get 6 mez seats for one game though which tells you how it is. I just don't think the Giants bothered selling season tickets because they knew they'd sell out everything on ticketmaster. 90% of the Giants wait list took seats for the new stadium so you know not too many seats were open.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

as I have said before--this is mind blowing