DHB catching everything

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Raiderjoe, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Thats not a good thing but when you hear stuff like this.
    JaMarcus Russell really is on top of the play calling. Raider QB coach Paul Hackett was drill all four camp QB's in their own personal drill as he was throwing out defensive scenarios and was testing them how to read and react. Russel was very vocal and very confident in the offensive language and playcalling adjustments. In fact, Russell even stumped Hackett after Hackett had given Russell a defensive scheme to figure out. Hackett had expected one type of adjustment while Russell came up with another way of defeating that defense. Hackett paused...thought about it...then finally told Russell "That will work" as if Russell had come up wit a new play that was not in the playbook.

On the flip-side, QB Jeff Garcia had some mix ups with the play calling language and looked befuddled at times.

From all reports Russell throwing the football pretty well early in camp.

So lets see he has the mental side down pat( Maybe by studying hard he ate a few too many twinkies. Throwing the football very well despite being overweight. Just imagine when he gets in shape , how good hes going to look.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

PAUL HACKETT!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I stopped reading after that.

:hackett:

3. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Paul Hackett is one of the best QB coaches in the game. Rich Gannon(league MVP) credits Paul Hackett for developing him as a Qb. I believe it was either R gannon or C Pennington who once said. Paul Hackett prepares you so well on the diffrent defences formations, that a Qb pretty much knows where hes going with the football everytime. (there isn't a look he hasn't seen)

Thats half the battle right there- Reading defenses. See Pennington . NOw just throw in the best arm in the NFL and you have something special.

#23 Raiderjoe, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

chad pennington= rhodes scholar

jamarcus russell= not so much

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah. I've seen alot of Pennington. He's pretty good until you blitz him.

6. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

I don't know you personally but that sounds like a racist statement. Hackett drilling him and testing him every day on diffrent defenses formations. Russell excelling at reading the defense correctly, and going to the right player. Yet your trying to imply Jamarcus Russell not too bright. Sounds like he smart enough to read the defenses.( good enough for anyone playing QB) Again a QB can read defenses(knows where to attack) + has the best arm in the NFL= going to do some great things in the NFl.

7. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Again were not talkking about Pennington. First Russell has the size and strength to hang in on a blitz.(remember how K Rhodes came and couldn't bring down culpepper and he completed a bomb. Second despite Russell size he very nimble as advertised by his 17 rushes for 127 yards last year. 7.5 average.

Now throw in the incredible speed and size Raiders have at WR, and its very dangerous if that blitz dosen't get to Russell.

8. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Wow. He got past Stanford Routt. Impressive.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You're beyond stupid. Handling the blitz is not about being able to break a tackle it's about being able to make good decisions under pressure.

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

You do know routt put up one of the fastest times at the combine a 4.27 . also the second fastest three cone drill ever recorded(scouts put lot of emphasis on that drill for Cbs ) IF Routt had trouble with DHb speed, imagine what a CB without that kind of speed going to have.

Dhb even supprised N Asomugha. He would have beat him but Garcia horrible underthrew the ball ,and DHb couldn't come back and made the difficult catch .

11. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Again How about looking at Russell interception to Td ratio. For a Guy with the best arm he dosen't try and force the ball into double coverages.(toughest thing for a young Qb to learn0 Hows that for handling pressure.

Your crazy if you don't think a guy size and strength isn't important in hanging in there for a blitz. His ability to move in the pocket dosen't help avoid a blitz either. How about his rocket arm, that dosen't help either.

Now to compare Pennington- small, puss arm and a statue back there in pocket. Yea thats a great comparison.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You're trying to tell me fatass Jam Russell is mobile in the pocket? He's a fucking blimp.

Give me your 2009 statistical predictions for Jam Russell.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

even his arms can't hide that gut.

somebody loves them donuts.

I can't believe how much Garcia aged in one season. I guess the stress of playing for a shit organization does that to you.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Jamarcus Russell shall now be referred to as Faizon Love:

[​IMG]

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So, to sum up:

Paul Hackett is one of the best coaches in the league.
    Jamarcus Russell has the strongest arm in the league.
    Its newsworthy when a first round WR catches passes in camp.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

There's nothing racist about call Russell a dumb ass. He is one. Just because he's black does not mean you can't call a moron a moron.

Pennington was smart. After his body broke down he had no zip on his throws, but he's one smart SOB.

Nice try at play the race card. Too bad like most everything else you try its a complete failuer.

17. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Joe fails at life in general so this shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone :)

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

:rofl: racist? give me a fucking break. enjoy training camp i know its all you raiders fans have had lately.

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Won't happen and no better.

20. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I think it was more of a fatist statement, not racist. By the way, donuts+cheeseburgers ≠ strength. Donuts+cheeseburgers = benched for old guy.