17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsSec337Lot13B

If the Jets wanted to sell PSLs this is what I would suggest. Put in the PSL agreement that each PSL buyer gets 2 free beers per game for the first 3 years. I'm joking when I say this but I'd bet PSL buyers would increase greatly.

2. bowleggedwonder

for the prices they're charging, I want a Heineken kegerator and I want it waiting in my oversized cup holder.

3. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I think this would be a really nice gesture. How about free charcoal in the lots? And maybe some spare BBQ sauce or something. Then toss in a couple beers inside and I'd be a much happier camper :)

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

Just some info to add. The Giants had a presale today and I was able to get a #@$!load of tickets to any game I wanted. Not only that for the Carolina final game I was able to get 6 seats together in the mezanine! I'm sure I can sell those for a fortune but still. Imagine how it is for the Jets. A friend of mine who dropped his tickets also got called again for a second time asking him if he wanted to re-up his tickets again. They told him he pretty much could have any seat he wants. If we lost 7,000 seats in 2008 I'm willing to bet this season we lost 15,000 this year.

5. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Yeah, if that week 17 game has playoff implications for the Gints you'll make a small fortune.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Just like the Yankee fans who bought individual game tickets figuring they were gonna make a fortune. you will see Giant tickets on stub hub for less then face value for the Carolina game unless it means a playoff spot. Its not gonna be a hot ticket because its the last Giant game in their place because its gonna be cold and they probably are gonna have a home playoff game. Man, are the Jets gonna sell out for 2009? This is incredilbe what's going on for both teams

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

THIS IS AMAZING----simply unreal that this year could be a problem selling out! I am beyond shocked at the limited if any ink/ airplay this story has gotten--maybe now that camp and football are around the corner this will become a bigger story, but if most of you are like me and I bet you are , you have to be blown away that this year never mind next year is a problem. I am waiting for my call to see what is available in the new place--any of you with info --please feel free to let me and people like myself know what you selected or what is being offered. thanks again

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

It depends where you got your Yankee tickets. I have seats in the uppers at $20 a ticket. I haven't had a problem all year selling on ebay or to friends when I can't go. If you have the fancy seats that's another story. I don't think we will sell out 2009. If the Giants can't how will we. This will be a huge embarassment this season not only for the Jets but for the fans. Can you imagine the home opener will all those jackass Patriots fans who got their tickets on ticketmaster at face?

9. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

If the opener is any indication tickets will not be easy to move. There are about 3000 seats available on stub hub for the pats game, add in the thousands of unsold tickets and you have a very soft resale market.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I signed up for an account two days ago, and they called me yesterday, left a message. Still not sure if I want season tickets or just a few games. I am assuming tickets will be available for individual games? That would be better for me.

11. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

Just got a call from my rep, asking me if I wanted more tickets for 2009 or an upgrade. He also said if I know anybody who wants them to call him direct as we have only 2 weeks left till the season. I asked what was up and he said there were a lot of people who moved back (not out) due to the economy.

He also said that I would get called for relocation in late Sept/early October for my seniority which is very poor.

12. baamf

baamf Active Member

I call BS on that one. This could get interesting..

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah, I agree with Baamf. I don't understand how "moving back" (not out) creates more seat openings.

What a crock. People bailed on their season tix this year in droves out of protest over the PSLs and/or they had lousy seniority and knew they weren't getting decent seats anymore after 2009. So they said "shove them" to the FO and I don't blame them.

Now the "reps" (ha... that's a laugh too... they're nothing more than hired salesmen on commission) are calling people and lying to them, telling them they have extra tickets now because people "moved back" but not out?

Hahahahahahaaaaa....... fucking ridiculous bullshit.

14. JetsSec337Lot13B

My friend got a call for the second time yesterday begging him to take season tickets again and told him he could upgrade. He basically said guarantee me uppers for 2010 or no deal so they said he'd have a shot and he said yea ok no thanks. My question is this: Suppose we don't sell out by August 14th or September 3rd. Can the Jets still sell season ticket plans and not make people pay for preseason games? If that's the case we should be getting a refund on our preseason tickets too.

15. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

He said there were seat openings in every section, so I asked how that was possible that the lowers had openings....so he said people were moving to cheaper seats. I agree its horseshit but there is DEFINATELY an air of desperation right now...they obviously got blindsided with the fact that the stadium is not sold out and the first game is mid-august.

BLACKS OUTS ARE COMING BABY.

16. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

Trust me we aren't getting refunds on the pre-season games....however I predict if they don't sell the tickets out by the first one they will have no choice but to sell individual game tickets like the Giants ALREADY are.

I feel genuinely bad for people who bought PSLs. They are going to lose their shirts on this....there is no demand to support that type of pricing right now or next year for that matter. The stadium will be more empty than Yankee stadium has been. The market will correct and you'll be picking up PSLs for nothing next year...just watch.

17. coorslightcans

i told guy last week i was deferring until 2010 today mike leaves a message on my answering machine. he would like to talk to me and thinks i should rethink my decision. am i gonna have to bring out the do-not-call-list on the nyjets? whats up with this dudes?

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hehe maybe he has an offer you cant refuse. ORRRRRR maybe he isnt making jack shit on the 09 sales and would like to get back into his 2010 sales mode.

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

The Giants were smart. They knew they had a strong demand for their tickets and didn't even bother calling up offering season ticket plans. Just put the tickets up online and let it be. They have a strong demand that the Jets don't have. The Yankees at least have affordable seat in the uppers and bleachers. I don't really consider a $95 seat in the endzone affordable. They really screwed up on this stadium. At least other stadiums you have the rights to tickets to every event. If I had the rights to concerts such as Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen I would get a PSL because at least I can go to shows I can usually get tickets to or re-sell them on ebay/stubhub at a profit.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats one of those things that makes a HUGE difference. imagine the amount of money you could make on face value tickets to a springsteen tickets. it would make up for the loss you take on the preseason tickets.