WTF is going on with the Mets?!

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by GreenMachine, Jul 23, 2009.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Adam Rubin denies Omar's allegations regarding asking for a job with the team. Manuel is almost certainly already a dead man walking, and I can only assume that Omar figures he's dead too, so he's desperately trying to explain his inexplicable support of that psycho Bernazard.

Hard to believe that this team was one inning from the World Series three years ago, and one day from the postseason the last two years.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

blow it up!!!!!!

3. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

SEX, LIES, AND THE NEW YORK METS

The big news from Omar's press conference is how he went after Adam Rubin of the Daily News for breaking the story and saying that Rubin was after a job with the Mets (probably Bernazard's job). The media is going crazy on the Mets. SNY, WFAN and 1050ESPN are all going crazy on Omar and the Mets.

Can the Mets do anything right? Most people are saying that Omar is gone. And soon.

Rubin was in the room covering the press conference. The Mets ruined him.

I have never heard the hard-boiled New York media shocked. They are shocked. And outraged.

4. statjeff22

I don't know if this is your view, or you copied it from some website, but I disagree about this ruining Rubin. The Mets in general, and Minaya in particular, are such laughingstocks that I believe that this will, if anything, be a badge of honor for him.

5. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So now that it is pretty obvious that sooner or later Omar will get canned do we have an idea of a person who won't be worse or the same?

6. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

I wrote this same post on another website under a different name. But, yes, this is my view based on the SNY interview with Rubin shortly after the press conference in which he said that he doesn't know if he can cover this team anymore and that his credibility has been questioned. Perhaps I should say it has ruined his relationship with the Mets. I don't think he can cover them under these circumstances for the Daily News. I don't know how his credibility in general will be affected in the long run.

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

we need to hire isiah thomas

8. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

What's the big deal, Wally Mathews writes about the Mets all the time and he has absolutely no credibility. :smile:

9. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

This is incredible.

10. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

even when it's completely justified the mets can't manage to fire someone without embarassing themselves. they really are an awful franchise that is deserving of the laughingstock status.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

TAAAAAAAAA-TEEEEEES!

I love this F*ng guy

12. statjeff22

This is not the thread for a positive post about the Mets! I will start a series thread to honor the three wins in a row.

13. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

If ever there was a more deserving/malfunctioning corporation for the government to bail out...it's the Metropolitans.

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I agree with 17a. Fire Omar and Manuel. End the practice of hiring the best available minority. Sell the team.

I somehow doubt that Rubin reported the story to get a job with the Mets. Omar, if you're going to lie, try and make your lies more believable.

15. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

What if Omar is doing some Steinbrenner Bronx Zoo shit where he's making a lot of waves in the front office to take the pressure off his players?

16. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

He's not smart enough to use psychological warfare.

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Wow, comparing Minaya to George may be the most hurtful stab at the Yankees you've ever taken.

Seriously though, wtf is wrong with the organization? Minaya is a complete wackjob. I'm no fan of the media, but damn, what was he thinking?

I guess if nothing else, the one positive to come out of all this is that you guys will finally get an overhaul of your club, starting at the top.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

There has to be a mile long list of things that need to get done around the Mets. Starting with the complete overhaul of the minor league system and it's scouts. The talent isn't there for a reason and not only because Minaya uses young talent as chips to bring in high priced players to please the fanbase. Seems that the Mets just can't seem to develop younger positional players. Moving up the ladder, you can throw in firing the entire Mets medical staff or at the very least, whomever is heading up that now infamous outfit. Someone has to pay the price for Beltran, Church, Delgado and Reyes all playing hurt when they should have been shutdown much sooner than they were. If the order to play them came from Minaya, that's reason enough to fire him as well. You can't very well fire Jeff Wilpon although Fred might want to reconsider his hands off approach to the team and bring in professional baseball people to run things. Jerry Manuel it appears is starting to wear out his welcome in NY. What's saving him is the lack of a suitable replacement. Its bad when you're holding on to your job because there's no one available to replace you.

At the rate they're going in Queens, the Mets will be as attractive an option as the Knicks presently are to free agents. FA's will all run, not walk, in the opposite direction. Except perhaps the truly mercenary FA's who are in it solely for the paycheck.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They can always bring back Valentine. I think he is still out a job in Japan. He would be perfect at this point.

20. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I wonder if the Mets ownership is just waiting for the trade deadline to pass to see if Omar can pull off a career saving deal.

My opinion, he is as good as gone in the month of August. Organizational turmoil, the team has gone to pot, bad free agent signings, outburtst to the press, questionable hirings and firings.

I'm not a Mets fan but it is time to clean house. End this joke now and start a new in 2010.