Michael Vick in A WildCat Formation...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Jul 21, 2009.

1. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

Sir I respect your opinion but I do believe the man has paid his debt to society.

2. Quack

Quack New Member

The debt was also almost completely unrelated to dogs. He paid for running an illegal gambling ring.

3. Gunther

Gunther Member

What difference does it make
    It's done
    Move on

4. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

dude Vick was wrong and he served his time, we all know that vick got fucked really bad by the prosecutors, he served 2 years in jail for DOGFIGHTING!! Stallworth got a month for killing a man, Ray Lewis got off scott free.

I know you guys love dogs, i have 3 myself but there not humans and should not be looked at on the same level.

Vick got screwed and should be given a chance, i would love to see him get a shot on the jets, however unlikely

5. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I totally agree with you... He served his time and lets move on... People are more concerned with animals then a human life... And not to mention you could go to any animal shelter any day of the week and its full of strays or homeless dogs.. Nobodys Adopting so wheres the relevance to him playing in the league..

6. The Great American

So when are your PETA membership fees due?

7. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Okay, after much thought...I agree that Vick has served his time, and yes Stallworth got off way too easy, eventhough Goodell suspended him indefinitely, I still think Goodell is trying to act tough on the outside, but then gives in slightly when pressured by team owners.

8. The Great American

Marco, sorry for giving you a hard time. My PETA comment was uncalled for.

Goodell has some pretty tough decisions to make on occasion. Overall, i think he's doing a good job as Commish. He has to draw the line somewhere or the NFL could end up like the NBA.

#48 The Great American, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  9. SmashMouth

SmashMouth Active Member

The NFL is already 10X worse the NBA as far as players getting busted for steroids, players getting DUI's, players getting arrested for violent crimes...The NFL has a pretty bad REP, alot worse than the NBA because those players in the NBA seem to stay out of trouble alot more.

10. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Yeah, well said, TBJF. Remember that time Ray Lewis and Bart Scott ran into the stands and started beating the shit out of the Steeler fans? That kind of shit just doesn't fly under Stern's watch.

Steroids are pretty useless in the NBA, too. No juice in the world will help your jump shot or crossover.

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Vicks served his time. BUT I still wouldn't want him. Its his character that is abhorrent.

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I agree with the first part of your comment. The man paid his debt and deserves a second chance.

Those other examples just don't fly. What Stallworth did was wrong and tragic, but it was clearly accidental. Vick's crimes were premeditated. Lewis was never found to have done anything wrong. Was there a cover up? Maybe, but we'll never know for sure, so you can't jail a guy for something he "might" have been involved in.

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I just heard on the on the radio on my way to buy dog food (of all things) that Michael Vick was at a strip club with Allen Iverson. Way to make an impression with the NFL's pussy Commissioner - pun intended. It won't matter, though, I suspect.

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Leopards never change their spots :wink:

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

They should have been given medals.