17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Every living soul is assured a spot in the new stadium in 2010 at this point. Anyone who wants can get on the waiting list now and call the Jets and buy seats for 2010 now as long as they are club seats.

Or, wait on the list another month or two and buy $4k+ PSLs or, possibly, terrible upper deck seats.

I'm not sure what you'd be waiting for in 2010. The free uppers should sell out. Will you be on the waiting list for those? If so, I assume they'll start having turnover for the 2011 season (I do suppose some folks will drop out prior to 2010 when they don't pay for the rest of their seats, move, die, etc). But it shouldn't be possible for anyone to be guaranteed those seats in 2010 unless they buy them now.

Other than that, the waiting list makes no sense. Starting in 2010, PSLs for the rest of the seats will sell on the open market whenever people want to sell them.

Long story short, unless I'm missing your point, I think the rep was just yes'ing you off the phone since what he/she said makes no sense.

2. coorslightcans

dude i already have season tickets for the 2009 season. im part of a package involved with my brother in law,family thing. anyway he has opted not to renew next season based on the shitty choice of seats offered to him. he could have easily transfered his rights to my wife his sister. but in the mail came my calling from the jets.

i chose to defer my rights to tickets until next year 2010. the rep after hearing my dilema of already paying for 2009 tickets was quite helpful. he assured me i will be able to get season tickets next year. he never offered a certain location or seat. this way i can bolster my funds and hopefully be able to garner a few psl seats if i can afford them. thats my story dudes its really not that hard to understand.

3. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I understand. I was in the exact same spot. I had already bought a ticket from my friend for 2009, then my number got called on the waitlist.

The point I'm making is the concept of deferring to 2010 makes no sense. 2010 selections are happening now. I'm just not clear what waiting list you're on that will be called in 2010. The only waiting list I know of for the Jets will be called probably starting in September (aka 2 months from now) for 2010 seats after they finish going through the current STH.

Actually, maybe that's what the rep meant/what you're saying. If you're on the waiting list, you'll probably be called around Sept or Oct of 2009 to choose 2010 seats like the rest of the folks on the waiting list. Is that what you're expecting? That makes sense.

4. coorslightcans

im expecting to be called for 2010 seats thats the plan. not so difficult to understand.

5. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I see. I think you've been misled by your sales rep. Maybe I'm mistaken. Either way, good luck :)

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

of course.$30,000 psl seats but seats non the less.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Did you have to inject reality into all this?:rofl:

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I posted but it seems not to have gone thru---here it is in a nutshell.
    Thanks JOE WILLIE for the reply--but no PSL'S HERE--not doing it not an option,,, no way no how! That said I have looked at the 3 d view and I believe it is not exactly true in that I have been in the stadium and seen the views and they appear closer on the site than in reality---just my op maybe someone else can add to that? I know where I would like to sit but if that is not offered I will bail out and go purchase a larger tv and sound system---love going to games but if this is what it must be I am cool with it ! I must agree with 227---parking near my seats is a MUST----we tailgate and enjoy it,,,to pack everything up, then go thru the security check to have to walk a country mile to your seats---SUX! The closer the seats are to where I park--the better---------------ps any info on what the reps are currently offering is appreciated:drunk:

9. bowleggedwonder

I'll pay whatever PSL Woody wants to charge as long as the stadium is called "Jets Stadium" just like it is in all the literature. When Woody writes to us and says, "Hey, I realize I can't bring in a corporate sponsor at $30million/year when I've been promising all our fans that they finally have a stadium of their own. Gosh darn it, it's going to have to be called Jets Stadium and dang nab it, the Giants fans will just have to deal with that."

Yup, once that memo goes out, I'm all in!

10. coorslightcans

you dont see. the rep never promised any specific seat. he said you will be called again and he cant determine what seats will be available. the choice to defer was mine. i will live with whatever happens or transpires.

11. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I do see. I understand exactly what you're saying. I think you've been misled, though.

Whatever happens, my best to you and good luck.

12. coorslightcans

misled how? he said you will get a call next year at that time, you will be offered available seating. im not following you or im missing something.

i am viewing this as a fan who doesnt see this being a case of nyjets vs season ticket holders. how about you?

psls are here and theres not a dam thing anyone of us can do about it. at first i was bitter and pissed at woody. i still am but if i want seats i need to do what others are doing.

i deferred 2009 tickets and know dam well a call for 2010 tickets is in my future.

13. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Are you joking ??.

You will pay a PSL if its called Jets Stadium but if its called Desenex Field your out . What does it matter what the stadium is called

14. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Great. Sounds like you're all set. Enjoy the seats and go Jets.

15. bowleggedwonder

A little sarcasm my friend, just a little sarcasm.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was onsite in the UD and the 3D view is mis-leading. You are much further away in person, that's why I took the 10th row in the side end zone. The 3D view is a joke. OMG, are we high, even 10th row blows.

17. Section 227. Row 5

If 10th row blows, I guess that doesn't bode well for sexually explicit descriptions of my 16th row seats. I'm on the 20 though, so I'm hoping that helps.

We've all been screwed, truth be known. But this is a "shared stadium" which will diminish costs. Ain't that some shit?

18. Section 227. Row 5

You've got endurance, my friend. I threw in the towel 24 hours ago.

19. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Haha. No - I'm just slow to learn :)

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I agree it can be misleadingly close, but you can tell from the view whether you want to be higher up and on the sideline or lower and in the end zone. After being on the sideline for 30 years, I just can't bring myself to move to the end zone, even for a lower seat. We all have our preferences. As for being screwed, I agree. After 27 years of lower upper deck seats that were great, I am now closer to the clouds than the field. Those of us who have been on the sideline forever and are used to that view are the ones that are really screwed because the same view in the new stadium are the club seats. It was either move up or into the end zone.

I am going to give it a try in 2010 and we'll just have to see.