ProFootball Weekly 2009 Preview... Jets dead last

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Wow this bs thread is still going on. Who cares? The Dolphins aren't going to the playoffs this year. All the delusional Lfins fans that think they have some kind of powerhouse are in for a rude awakening.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

checkmate.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Actually the Phins won the division based on a convoluted tie breaker system with the Pats while playing an easier schedule.

4. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Why cause that's your opinion? I'm sure whatever the Dolphins do this year isn't going to hinge on how you see them. Miami was better then 1-15 in 2007as far as talent, but were badly coached from top to bottom. In 2008 they were much better coached and they added to their talent to match their scheme. Because of the changes, Miami increased their win total from 1 win to 11 wins in just one off season.

Miami is not only further along with this staff than they were a year ago, they have added even more talent than a year ago. It's illogical to think Miami isn't better. And BTW, I haven't seen one Dolphin fan post here calling the Dolphins a "powerhouse". Infact I believe most Dolphin fans have been very realistic about their season ahead. Neither over confident or under confident.

5. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I think the differnece in toughness of schedule was minute at best. As for the tie breaker system it's the same for everyone and did not give the Dolphins any advantage whatsoever. Miami had to win the games they won to win the division, you can't change that fact. All of Miami's 11 wins in 2008 were EQUALLY imortant to the next and to their division title. You can't look at the Dolphins first win against the Pats and say "that was the difference maker in the Dolphins 08 post season and division title" definitevely, simply because the wildcat was so strong in that game. How do we know if the Dolphins lose that first game in NE, we don't win the second game in Miami? We don't know therefore it's no more important than any other win in 08. It's a win we needed, regardless how it was won and aginst whom.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

who the fuck cares?

The Dolphins will get raped this year because they're playing a stronger schedule anyways. Reality check time.

7. winstonbiggs

The reason the Dolphins won the tie breaker is a better in confrence record. The fact is the Dolphins played SD at home and won. The Pats played SD on the road and lost. The other fact is the Dolphins lost to AZ on the road and the Pats beat them at home. What is obvious here is the SD game counted more than the AZ game because it was a confrence game. The Dolphins got that tough confrence game at home vs the Pats getting it on the road across the country. That isn't even at all as you well know. Teams going across the country rarely win against tough opponents on their turf.

The two opponents who weren't common for the Pats had a combined record of 24 and 4 two opponents with 12 and 4 records including the SB champs, The Dolphins got one very good opponent in the 11 & 5 Ravens and one very mediocre opponent in the 8 and 8 Houston team. This had little impact because both the Pats and the Dolphins lost all 4 games because the AFC East wasn't that good as proven in the playoffs with the Dolphins getting their asses wiped at home.

#667 winstonbiggs, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Dolphin fans always whine about that play but had our K not gotten hurt the score would have been the same anyway so the only reason that 4th down pass was needed was b/c our K was hurt and you guys still had over half a game to overcome that play and could not.

You don't deserve a winner, just b/c you have been lucky and your Giants have won a few times in your life doesn't mean you deserve one. It's fans like you that give the rest of us a bad name.

9. winstonbiggs

Take the shot Junc not deserving seems a tad gutless. It almost seems like your tearing up a bit posting it. It isn't us against them, it's me and you. You're starting to remind me of Eric Cartman on South Park.

#669 winstonbiggs, Jun 29, 2009
  10. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Yes well not one person in their right mind would have called the Cards a tougher game than the Chargres before the start of the 08 season, but because the Cards went on a post season tear, suddely they earn respectablilty even though they were just 9-7 for the season? I think it's silly to say one team was tougher than another simply because the way the season played out. If you're going by season records to determine the tougher game and finalizing playoff spots between the Dolphins and Pats based on strngth of schedule, the Chargeres were 8-8 and the Cards were 9-7. What exactly qualified the the Cards as the tougher team exactly, one more win? Cause it wasn't due to division toughness considering neithe San Diego or Arizona had exactly the toughest division in 08.

Like I said, the difference in strength of schedule between Miami and NE was minute at best.

11. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Well since we're making assumptions is it safe than to assume Sanchez or Clemens are doomed because neither has proven a damn thing at this level? I think that's only fair, don't you? Since we're assuming.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

say what you want...it doesn't matter.....your credability here is comparable to a pile of compost.

13. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I see, so because I bring up a legit "what if" that's whining, but when some Jet fans plays the "what if" game they're are making a valid argument?

I could care less about tha play honestly I was mearly making a point. Every team every season has their share of lucky plays, that's all that was for the Favre and the Jets. Miami won when it counted and that was the season ending battle for the division and a playoff berth.

14. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Oh right, I dispute some bias Jet fan opinion and I lose credibility. I'm devastated!:rofl2:

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

lose credability? that would imply you had credability in the first place.

I've read a few of your "original" posts and the "modified" ones.....trust me, your so-called cred is an abberration.

thanks for playing.

16. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Dude, go back and check my posts. Not once do I mention 'what if' unless I'm using it in response to your posts.

Go ahead. Check 'em. They're all there because I haven't re-worded my statements.

17. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I see, so all the praise I heaped on the Jets before the 08 season last year, saying they had a legit shot at unseating the Pats, winning the division and dominating their schedule, that wasn't credible either? Or was that credible because it's what you want to hear?

18. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

OK, you asked and I'll provide. BTW, "WHAT IF", is the same thing as "IF" without the word "WHAT" in front of it, but they are both the same thing,......................."IF"!!!!

Quoting you and highlighting the word "IF"!!

Post # 630:

Post # 641:

Post # 646:

Call me crazy, but you used the word if, several time in just those three posts. That is what's called the "IF GAME"! I could could counter with things like, "Well if we had Tom Brady" and "If we had Larry Fitzgerald" and "If we were the Pittburgh Steelers".....and so on than I could make the season turn out many different ways, I could make my argument right with any dipsute you may have. But we can't say "IF" because "IF" is only imaginary! It's a pipe dream, it's fantasy! I have just copied and pasted 3 of your last 6 or so posts about you and I discussing the importance of the Wildcat to Miami's 08 season and in every post you respond with "IF", this and "IF" that. Your argument is based on fantasy, period!

#678 feelthepain, Jun 29, 2009
  19. winstonbiggs

You missed my point entirely. Confrence games count more than out of confrence games. If you play a WC confrence team and we are talking about the only playoff WC confrence team that both the Pats and Dolphins played playing them at home vs. playing them on the road is a huge difference. Since that game was the critical game in determining the tie breaker, huge advantage for the Dolphins.

By the way the Dolphins played 4 WC teams all at home. The Pats played all of them on the road as did we. That is a huge advantage statistically.

The Cardinal game was less important therefore the fact that it was a tougher game for the Dolphins on the road vs. the Pats at home didn't matter as much.

Personally the fact that the tie breaker system screwed the Pats doesn't really bother me. It is what it is. The fact is the tie breaker system is not even or fair it ends up favoring teams particularly when it's teams in the same division with similiar opponents but not exactly the same opponents and not necessarily at the same venue.

The Dolphins had a great year. 11 wins is 11 wins no taking anything away from them. They proved that they were somewhat of a product of their schedule by outright sucking in the playoffs against a good but not great Baltimore team at home.

I would suspect the Dolphins will be better this year as will several other teams this year. I'm not convinced that they will have a stop them in their tracks D coupled with a good enough running game where in a big spot Chad will still be the guy that has to beat a great D to win something. He has shown that he simply can't do it as his game is significantly worse in the playoffs than it is in the less intense, less competitive regular season. Will they be a playoff team. Maybe, the Pats might well be significantly better if Brady comes back to 90% of what he was? I would think the Bills and Jets are not as good as either Miami or NE in 09 but that's speculation. I wouldn't bet on 2 teams coming out of the East this year and NE has to be the favorite based on a significant upgrade at QB and they made some very good moves to shore up their D. The Jets are dependent on a huge step up by an unknown QB and we are depending on a thin Defensive line to hold up over 16 games. It could happen? Probably not this year.

#679 winstonbiggs, Jun 29, 2009
  20. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Yeah, he has a propensity for doing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.