Jets Season Ticket List

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

2009 season tickets

So, I received an email this morning from the Jets, inviting me to purchase season tickets for the upcoming season. Last time I checked I was #10,000+ in line (been on the list for like 2 years or so). I logged in and was presented with choices on all levels and up to 10 tickets. Have so many season ticket holders dropped out?

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Wow that is pretty alarming. Maybe I should get on the waitlist and score some tickets.

3. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I woke up this morning to an email that my name has come up on the season ticket list and I am eligible to buy tickets. I have only been on the list for a little over a year so I was surprised to get this email. I have a question for people. If I get tickets this year would I be able to carry those over to the following years or am I going to get booted because people with more seniority will move into my seats. (I do not want to pay PSL's)

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I got my email today as well. I thought that was a little odd. I'm in the 8,000's

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I've had tickets since 2001 and haven't been called yet, I have a feeling the upstairs will fill up before they get to me, leaving me with a choice of PSLs or out, so that likely would be your situation as well.

To answer Petrozza's question, I had another account, 2 seats near the top of section 329 since 2002, that I dropped this off-season, knowing I couldn't keep it past this year and I use the 2001 account for my actual seats to the games.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I think they are referring to this year, not the new stadium?

7. JW69

JW69 New Member

I am in the 8000's too and got the email today as well. There are still a lot of open seats and I think they are going to be hard pressed to sell out. I am passing just like a lot of others I'm sure.

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Petrozza asked about this year, so I answered that I dropped two seats for this year and kept two. GreyhoundJet asked what it means going forward for the new place if he buys seats for this year.

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I sent this PM a few weeks back to Sect 227. I thought the Jets office had eff'd up, but apparently, it doesn't appear so.

I'm supposedly getting a callback sometime before the beginning of this season or next season she said. So I'm gonna get a crack at those tickets for the new stadium.

10. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i would suspect you are all getting emails for a very simple reason.

since it is the last year of the stadium, and sales are sucking ass, and the new stadium is being sold by seniority, that they have scrapped the waiting list order and made it first come first serve.

there is no reason not to anyway since it all goes to zero when the new place opens up. we all just start at 2010.

11. GreyhoundJet

Another question, what is the resale value for the regular season games. I am down in Baltimore for most of the season and would only make it to around 3-4 games. Do you think I would be able to sell the two tickets off for the other games and get face value (not including preseason tickets).

12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

no its an odd year and we will suck ass. especially b/c im going to buy Madden.

13. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

if its a good year, then yeah. if we are on the path to 4-12 (which i doubt but you never know), then you aint gettin squat for them. the 2007 season was miserable. we couldnt give our tickets away that year

14. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

As a long time Jets season ticket holder, I would advise against buying them if you are just going to 3-4 games. Like most years, once it gets cold, and the team gets worse, your tickets will be worthless. Personally, I think you're better off checking the weather on Monday, buying tix on Stubhub or Ebay, and watching who you want to see on Sunday. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that Jets V Bengals game on 1/3/2010 will get you $0.00 for your tix if you want to sell them.

15. GreyhoundJet

Ok, thanks a lot. I guess I will just get back on the list and hope my name is called again in a few years for upper bowl tickets in the new stadium. I'm in college now anyway so I don't exactly have a ton of cash to spend on tickets but it was very tempting. Thanks.

16. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

yeah, i gave up my tixx this year, as I assume a lot of people did. I don't want to dis on anyone that still holds them.....but for me the prices are outragreous for the new stadium, PSL's or not.......I've basically only made it to a max of 5 games in each of the seasons I've had tixx becasue of family priorities, weather etc......Stub hub will be my avenue of choice most likely, pick a game or 3 that I feel like going to , and boom, I'm there.....no more commitments from me

17. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I just signed in and I was able to get tickets. I signed up maybe 6 months ago. I dont plan on getting tickets I signed up thinking I wouldnt be able to get tickets for years

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Guys! I was about to make a thread. I got the email too. I joined the list in March! :eek:hmy: Empty seats BIG TIME I guess. Also, I have no money to buy the tickets now either.

19. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Me too! But how am I going to pay for them?? Got this message:

Congratulations!
    You have waited for this opportunity, and you are now eligible to purchase 2009 season tickets. We anticipate an action-packed season under new head coach Rex Ryan. We hope you join the season ticket family in 2009 to mark the end of an era and usher in a new one - the opening of our own stadium in 2010.

SELECT YOUR 2009 SEASON TICKET LOCATION NOW FROM OUR LIVE INVENTORY!

#19 al_toon_88, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  20. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

How many rows are there in the 300's. Is row 24 nose-bleed?

#20 al_toon_88, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009