ProFootball Weekly 2009 Preview... Jets dead last

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Why? Because it's ok to continue to bash Chad....and he's not even a Jet anymore. So if the Chad bashing is going to continue, I'll juist continue to remind Jet fans Chad never had a 22 int's in season as a Jet, but Brett did. Mr.s Wonderful, Mr. Rocket arm, Mr. Savior, Mr. We have a real QB fianlly....Brett Favre!!

I love how some Jet fans continue to focus on Chads faults, go out of their way to make Chads mistakes a point, but somehow Bretts problems aren't nearly as important, AND BRETT WAS A JET! He didn't lead the Jets to the playoff wiin, he didn't win a division title, he couldn't even get the Jets to the playoffs, but hey why don't you keep on bashing Chad, cause your're bitter about him being a Dolphin and being more successful on what was a 1-15 team than Brett was on the 100 million doallar upgraded ALMIGHTY JET!

2. Psycho 78

Psycho 78 New Member

Same thing LOL. Chad had the best season of his career as a Miami Dolphin.

Herm Edwards ruined CP up in Jersey. I still don't understand how he could put an injured QB back on the field. Jet's fans claim Favre was playing hurt last season. Brett Favre said he played hurt.

When will the Jet's ever learn.

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Not to mention, Brady is overrated and is just a system QB...

4. The Uniform Bomber

That's because you weren't here last season when Brett choked the season away. Either that or you're totally illiterate; because there were many many posts in which we got on Brett for playing like shit.

And still, Brett's performance doesn't change the fact that Chad crumbled like paper mache here and crumbled like paper mache in Miami.

And what did that ultimately lead to? Putting up less #'s, he went further with the Jets. That should tell you everything you need to know about the importance of statistics.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Most would argue that his 2002 season was his best one.

6. The Uniform Bomber

Yep.

And what happened that year? Oh yeah, Second Round K.O. But, damn, that QB Rating was high.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

they faced a Raiders team that went to the SB.

Not defending him, just saying.

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Guys. That's not gonna happen again, because this is the Dolphins. A completely different team name with a completely different uniform.

If Chad got as far as the Championship game with the Jets, he's sure to make the Super Bowl with the Dolphins. Mark it down. Otherwise, Chad will be the same Chad he was as a Jet and FTP's logic, knowledge, and adult-like posting styles will hold no substance whatsoever. FTP's entire online persona is riding on Chad.

9. Psycho 78

Psycho 78 New Member

How long was Chad with the Jets? Only one good season. That says a lot.

Went to Miami. 1 for 1 so far. Stats don't really mean shit to me, the most important thing is that CP led an abysmal 1-15 football team to a division title.
    The cast away came in late and shined. I'm not sure I can explain it to you in a way that would be easier to comprehend.

10. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Actually, you could argue that because it happened in the first year of Chad starting with the JETS, there's no historical evidence that he'll be able to do anything different with the DOLPHINS. This season is shaping up to be quite interesting in the AFC East......

11. The Uniform Bomber

Haha exactly. Chad led us to the Division Title the first year he took over.

History really is repeating.

12. The Uniform Bomber

Ya know, I went to a small college in NC that made the tourney a couple of times.

My Soph year, we lost to Maryland in the first round on Drew Nicholas' buzzer-beater at the end of regulation.

Maryland marched on to the National Championship that year.

That didn't make us feel any better. At all.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

:lol:

:beer:

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Maryland won it all in 2002, they beat Siena in the 1st rd by 15 points. You are thinking of 2003 when they beat UNCW by 3 in rd 1 and lost in the Sweet 16. Either way it's not a good comparison.

Remember, when Chad made his first start we were already 1-3 losing 3 straight by a total of 102-13. He led us back and we won only our 2nd EVER AFC East Title then in his first road start in the DIVISIONAL round of the playoffs we lost on the road to the AFCs top seed.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

it actually is.

the only thing he did was pass for more yards as a Fin, but everything else is better as a Jet. TDs, less INTS (by one) passer rating, less sacks, even more rushing TDs.

His 1st season as a starter was the best one. The 100% healthy one. :sad:

16. nyjunc

He started out his 2003 season even better, I think he had 12 TDs in 5 games but only threw one more in his final 4 starts as D's realized the only weapon he had to throw to was Santana Moss and they shut him down.

In 2004 he also started out great until the shoulder injury in Buffalo. That hit changed his career.

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

It took 12 games for pro coaches to realize they only had 1 weapon?

18. nyjunc

Evidently and Chad only started 5 of those games. Santana had only 4 TDs(1 on a flea flicker that completely fooled Philly) in 7 games w/o Chad then had 6 in Chad's first 4 starts but didn't catch another one in the final 5 games.

19. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

This is one of the biggest wastes of time you're all putting yourselves through. Dolphin fans: you do realize that Chad played on our team for most of the DECADE right? He plays one season for you and he played 8 seasons, 6 full for us. So, you don't think these Jets fans you've argued with ad nauseum for almost a full month now have any idea what they're talking about??? I, for one, loved Chad, and actually enjoyed seeing him win that last game because we were done anyway and I wanted Mangina gone.
    But, one season does not define a career, especially when it was his only one is a Dolphin uni, and probably the only one you've seen him play the full 16 games. So, enough of this savior bullshit. Last I seen, they got crushed in your most important game of the season. It wasn't even a game, over by halftime. Let's see how he does against our defense, against the Pats with Brady, and against the Bills with TO. Not to mention against a 1st place schedule.
    Chad seems like a great guy, and I wasn't exactly enthralled with the way he was ushered out of here, but enough of the shit. Find something else to bitch and moan about. We all, AND yes, we all know who he is: A nice guy, a fiery leader, (yes, a guy who'll win more than he loses) who will always be in that 10th-15th range in the league. Drop these pointless threads.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I wouldn't say "evidently"

That would imply fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.