ProFootball Weekly 2009 Preview... Jets dead last

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

He's been defending the WC like the rainman. Coming up with ridiculous arguments like how many TDs over how many games and saying shit like "it averages .5 points per game"

Take away retard math and you have a classic example of denial.

2. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Yeah he sucks. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Ronnie Brown scored 35 points out of the 38 that day. I guarantee you this much, had they introduced the Wildcat a week earlier against the Cardinals and given Beli an entire week to prepare for it, I guarantee it...the Dolphins lose the Division. Guarantee it.

3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Fact. That's it.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The problem w/ that is the 2nd game Miami scored 28 points, the difference in the 2nd game was not the Pats D but their O which scored 48.

5. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

That's true. They totally shut down Ronnie Brown and they left it up to Chad to win the game. He had a good game, throwing for over 300yds, 3 TD's and running a TD in as well, but Cassel threw for over 400yds, 3TD's and also ran one in. I guess given that both teams were better prepared for each other the 2nd time around, the only difference between their 1st and 2nd encounter was the element of surprise.

That's why I say, had the Dolphins introduced the WC a week prior to playing the Pats, I don't think they would've won that game.

6. nyjunc

They scored 28 points the 2nd time, how was that game on the O?

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

It wasn't. The Patriots were just outplaying the Dolphins offensively. The difference is, the Dolphins couldn't hide behind the WC in their second meeting. Yes, they still scored 28 points, and the Dolphins D either played a shitty game, or, Cassel completely manhandled their secondary (which is what I tend to believe).

But the focus of this is their 1st meeting. Once the Dolphins broke out the WC, the Pats looked lost. Totally lost. I'm sure all the planning they had leading up to that week went out the window. If u actually saw the game, u'd see how lost they were. And I've never seen a Belichick led defense this lost before. Not even after the half did the Pats know how to contain the WC. And that's when Beli is known to make his mid-game adjustments.

The point I'm trying to make is, the WC had no real impact on the game (maybe on a couple of 3rd down conversions) but it didn't necessarily lead to points and huge yardage. Most importantly it didn't surprise the Pats anymore.

8. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

The wildcat was used about 6 times a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

^ Irony...

10. nyjunc

So the Wildcat made the Pats offense look lost? I don't get how someone could blame their O when their D gave up 48 points.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

And what the hell does that matter? If it's used 6 times and scores 28 points, it's still 28 POINTS. You keep bringing up these point that have nothing to do with reality, expecting to get somewhere with it.

I broke it down for you already and you STILL don't get it. It's not calc....it's common sense.

He's right though - if the WC was responsible for 1 win, you don't win the division. For you to say that the WC wasn't responsible for a single win is nothing short of absurd.

12. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I think Miami's coahing staff blew it in the second game against NE. I think the coaches allowed the players to go into that game over confident. Miami should have respected the Pats offense more than they did. We'll see what happens this year.

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Look the point is in the second game the WC had a drastically diminished result. It gained a total of 25 yards on 8 attempts.
    I'm not sure why you're even arguing this.

14. nyjunc

Isn't that the point? They still scored 28 pts w/o the use of the WC. They lost that game b/c their D gave up 48 points.

15. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

NE gave up 28 points because they were covering the run and they got burned for 3 TDs by Penny.

I'm missing the link you're trying to make.

16. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Yup. The WC was ran 6 times in that game and in those 6 times, these were the outcomes...

- 2-2-NE 2 (2:32) 23-R.Brown right guard for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN. direct snap to Brown
    - 1-10-MIA 23 (4:49) 34-R.Williams right end to MIA 26 for 3 yards (50-M.Vrabel). direct snap to 23-Brown
    - 1-10-NE 45 (2:00) 34-R.Williams right end to NE 17 for 28 yards (37-R.Harrison). direct snap to 23-Brown
    - 1-5-NE 5 (1:03) 23-R.Brown right guard for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN. direct snap to 23-Brown
    - 3-3-NE 19 (5:51) 23-R.Brown pass deep left to 80-A.Fasano for 19 yards, TOUCHDOWN. direct snap to 23-Brown
    - (15:00) 23-R.Brown up the middle for 62 yards, TOUCHDOWN. direct snap to 23-Brown

Used 6 times, leads to 4 touchdowns, and it produced 28 points out of 38. You're right. It didn't have that much of an impact at all even tho it was only used 6 times.

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Stop making sense! He HATES when people do that!

18. nyjunc

Regardless of how they did it they scored 28 points w/o the benefit of the surprise of the WC.

The point has been you guys have discredited Chad and the Dolphin offense crediting all their success to the WC when that simply isn't true. The first NE it was all wildcat but the 2nd one they scored 28 w/o help from it. That shows they were more than just the WC.

19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I'm not even sure why this is even in question. The damn scheme scored 28 out of 38 in the first meeting. In the second meeting the scheme was held to 25 yards. NE covered the run heavily and in doing so left a the door open for Pennington to score through the passing game.

There's really nothing to argue. The first win was a direct result of the WC. Had they not used it, they "might" have still won because Cassell was still getting wet. But Miami only scored 10 points outside of the WC with their base O. Can we speculate they would have scored more than NE? Sure. But the numbers are all we have to go by to draw a conclusion, and the numbers side with NE.

Anything beyond the actual outcome is nothing more than conjecture.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

If you over compensate in the run D you leave a gaping hole for the passing game.

That's the last thing I have to say about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.