ProFootball Weekly 2009 Preview... Jets dead last

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Talk about seeing things in a single light. The QB is the single most important element of your team, no matter how much a team sport it is. We all know how Dan refused a big running game, blah blah blah. The Steelers had a strong D. blah blah blah. There's not secret there. It's a team sport. A QB isn't going to get you there alone. Great we agree on something, finally.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that we KNOW these facts, but also know that even if you have all the elements in place, if Chad is pressured he's going to screw up. He's done it time and time again. Why would he suddenly stop doing it now? You can't have a strong team and then the leader of your O throwing INTs everytime he gets pressured. It happens. You're going to be pressured.

But OK he's a Phin now so you have to dangle from his hang-low. None of us know anything about football, and we're all bitter and you know everything and aren't bitter. Do you feel better now?

P.S. Chad will blow over like a napkin in the wind once pressure is applied, whether you want to hear it or not. Get used to it.

2. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Keller is an overaged prospect at TE. Will be 25 in september. There are alot of better Te already than Keller in the division, and they are alot younger than keller. Hence they have a way better chance to get alot better.

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Douchebag says what?

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

he's overaged brah, put a fork in him.

5. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Why are over aged draft prospect devalued in the draft. Because what you see is what your going to get. They don't have the upside young players have. As young players mature they have a chance to get alot better. Keller has reached his full potential already. Jets should stop drafting overaged prospects Pouha( 26 years old his rookie year) and this year RB 24 years old.

Again Keller as alot older player should be excelling more than a player younger than him. IF that young player already better than him now , whats the chance Keller going to ever catch that young player(who still maturing). Has a chance to get alot better.

BTw TO be consider a Te you have to be able to block. Something Keller can't do. So that makes those other Te in the division alot better than keller.

#245 Raiderjoe, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  6. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

that is the most gramatically retarded post i have seen in a while on here. radierjoe, you never cease to amaze us with your sheer stupidity and incredible lack of any reasonable thought process. you are a shining example of a reTard

7. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Break it down for us. You get any draft magazine and if a player is overaged why do they list as a negative. ASk GM he knows his draft stuff. Because there is no upside to the older player. A younger prospect has a better chance to get alot better(as his body matures) That older player(Keller ) already has reached his full maturity at 25. What you see is what your going to get. If you don't understand that, than you should stay out of the conversation.

8. magoo

magoo Banned

Oh true how true

9. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

your response had absolutely nothing to do with what i said there, simple jack. and as far as your arguement, i would only apply that to RB since that is the only position that age truly can hurt you. tight ends last a long time so saying that keller's age is a bad thing is pretty much retarded. oh and lets get your thoughts on heyward-bey. i would love to hear how many superbowls you predict him to bring you now that he has big bad jamarcus (holding in laughter) throwing him the rock.

10. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

You don't "KNOW" anything. You just want people to believe you do.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We dominated that game, the fact that Miami even had a chance late was miraculous and he led them to a late TD at Hou- was it his fault his D allowed Hou to go the length of the field in less than 2 mins to score the GW TD? he also led them to the GW FG against Oak, down a TD in the 3rd against KC he led them to 2 TDs to win it.

The difference in the NY Jets and Miami Dolphins seasons last year was at QB, if we keep Chad we win the division but we let him go for one of the most overrated QBs in the history of the game and we blew it and had to watch Miami win the div on our homefield.

A mod should show you the door for all your childish inuslts and breaking TOS on the board.

He took over a ONE win team. Just to be near .500 was a huge success but they won the div and did so on our homefield.

You do realize in our history we have TWO AFC East Titles, right? Thye are special despite what Miami did in postseason, I sure would have liked to celebrate another div title.

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

That's fine, Junc. But that's you, not me. Personally, I don't really care about winning a Division Title if I'm gonna get bounced in Round 1 or 2 of the Playoffs.

Do you think any of the Wildcard teams that reached/won the Superbowl are losing sleep about not winning the Division Title that year? And what about the teams who won the Division Title, only to lose early in the Playoffs; you think they were saying, "Oh well, at least we got that Division Title"?

13. nyjunc

The team hadn't been to the playoff since 2001, the team was an OT session away from going winless in 2007. Just getting to the playoffs was amazing but winning the division was even more amazing.

14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I'm plenty secure in my statements. I don't care what people think.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

The Dolphins didn't win the division last year....we threw it away. Big difference.

Also....the AFC East has a tougher schedule this year.....we'll see how amazing Chad does ...when he has to face some tougher teams.

If the Ravens/Phins playoff game gave us any inclination.....I'm sure we already know how amazing Chad's performance will be :rolleyes:

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Here's the problem with that mentality. Without critique and realizing your faults, you cannot progress. Junc is happy with status-quo. He'd be fine with making it to the playoffs and bouncing out, forever.

Granted you need to make the playoffs to win a championship, but it doesn't just stop there. Some of us understand that. Some of us want progress. Not just to sit back and watch our QB play a single dimension. Progress.

But you can't find that in a stat, so he doesn't believe it exists. As for FTP, he's content with rambling incoherently and calling it "football knowledge"

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

accurate post there, JJ....*golf clap* :)

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yea because Steve Young and Rich Gannon were pro bowlers right away.

19. nyjunc

Huh? They beat us out by TWO games! yeah we had the much more talented team but they won the games they needed to and we didn. They took care of business aginst teams like Seattle, SF, Oakland while we lost to them.

We all faced similar scheds last year and Miami won the div title.

Miami shouldn't be as good as last year but theydidn't ahve 11 win talent last year and did it. They did a great job as a team to get to 11 wins and win the div.

So you wouldn't consider going from 1-15 to 11-5 progress?

NO Jet fan wants to win a SB more than I do(many equally but none more) but you have to understand circumstances to see if winning one is realistic or not. In my lifetime I would say maybe 3 seasons it's been realistic to win a SB(1982, 1998 and 2002). Is it fair to hold the 2006 team to a SB standard when it was miraculous we even made the playoffs? Is it fair to hold Miami '08 to that standard when they had the turnaround they had? Do you think teams like Miami and Atlanta think they failed last year after the turnarounds they had?

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Problem is junc, we have been in that "almost there" cycle for the last 40 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.