ProFootball Weekly 2009 Preview... Jets dead last

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

So? This message board talks all kinds of football, Jets, Dolphins Bills Pats, AFC east, AFC/NFC all kinds of football talk. Just because youi're a Jet fan doesn't mean you have the right to say whatever you want any way you want and everyone who sin't a Jet fan can't. Sure the majority of conversation is about the Jets, but the conversations here are about FOOTBALL, not just Jets football. I'm sure by allowing anyone to join, the people who created this site did so with the knowledge not just Jet fans would be joing the conversation, why can't you?

2. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Well again, here's what you fail to understand. We have different forums here: The NY Jets (which you are in, mind you) and has been identified by the mods on several occasions as the place to talk Jets. In fact, entire threads get moved to other forums on the site for that very reason. And also the NFL forum, which is what you are looking for, as stated by such.

But I'm just being civil when it's clear that you were and are just trolling. Why else would you be here bashing the Jets and Jets fans? My guess is you're lucky it's the off-season otherwise you'd have been banned about 900 posts ago.

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Firstly, the correct decision would be to tuck the ball and take the sack, not turn the ball over, especially when it's only 2nd Down.

Secondly, re-watch the clips; he had time to throw/throw away on two of those INTs. Christ, you make it sound like Baltimore was taking the snap with Chad.

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Chad NEVER threw the ball away. It's ridiculous, really. A staple of the NFL QB's skillset, and he completely disregarded it and either took the sack, or threw to his 3rd and 4th option for little to no gain. It was maddening!

Which as we know is what lead to such a ridiculous QB rating. But hey, people want to induct him in the HOF because he won, what, 3 playoff games in his career? That's maddening too!

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I know Brett likes to make the excuses about his injury but wacthing him he had more than enough arm strength to make the throws he needed to make. he was making bad reads and was careless w/ the football. He wasn't the only goat but he was the biggest one. I more blame the organization for getting him than Brett himself.

I am warning dolphin fans, don't be in such a hurry for the henne era. Our fans were in a hurry to get rid of Chad and it bit us, you guys have been looking for a competent QB for most of the decade and you finally got one. be careful what you wish for w/ Henne.

Chad's shoulder injury was devastating, losing anything off of his arm strength was difficult for him. Favre being a 16 year vet should have been able to compensate w/ smarts but he couldn't.

6. The Uniform Bomber

It wasn't coaching? Wow...

So Brett wasn't injured and definitely did NOT have surgery to repair the injury he didn't have. And thus, that had absolutely nothing to do with his play.

When Chad loses in the Playoffs, it's because he had a torn rotator-cuff or a bum ankle, not because he made poor decisions. When Brett collapses, even though he had an injury, it's because of his decision making and not the injury. Got'cha.

Could you be any more transparent?

7. nyjunc

What difference does it make if he throws it away fro an incompletion not getting the 1st down or dumps it off and doesn't get the first down? at least w/ a dump off you may get lucky and your receiver may break a tackle or 2 and get the first down, throwing it away you have no chance. There are times when you have to throw it away to avoid losing yards w/ a sack but why do you have to not get a 1st down a certain way?

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

LOL right. Brett just had surgery for the hell of it. Isn't surgery fun?!

9. nyjunc

Coaching didn't cost us, Brett did. They tale some responsibility b/c they shoud have benched him but Brett takes responsibility b/c he should have been smart enough to sit if he knew he was hurting the team.

Transparent? why, b/c I was correct about the mistake to trade for Favre? Sorry for being right about the entire situation. i hipe all of you guys really enjoyed choking the season away w/ mr. arm strength while we watch mr. no arm strength beat us on our field to win the division.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Favre's entire career he was able to put the ball in spots most people couldn't. Defenses had to respect the entire field at all times in fear of Brett putting a ball anywhere they left an opening. When he hurt his arm it effected his ability to do that and he was in unknown territory and unable to compensate.

He should have taken himself out of the game. Mangini should have taken him out of the game. Schottenheimer should have run the ball more. There were many mistakes made with his injury.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Ugh I can't even have this Chad/Brett argument anymore. It's not even beating a dead horse....we're beating the skeletal remains of a wooly mammoth.

12. nyjunc

he still had the arm strength to make 90% of the throws, maybe he couldn't throw the type of dart he threw to Coles at ten in the EZ but that is a rare throw anyway. Was his injury why he basically placed the ball int he ahnds of the Miami defender to run for the TD? of course not.

13. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Chad didn't have a true number 1 WR, but he did have talented TE's and RB's. Did I clear that up for you?

Why is it your POV and football sense changes depending on which team you're talking about? Do you ever listen to what you say?

First of all, Chads one person, no matter how well he knows how to win, if the rest of the team doesn't cooperate, he wont win a damn thing. Losing creates a mindset and winning creates a mindset. Chad is one player on a team of about 60, he can't win all by himself and he can't lose all by himself. The sooner you learn this concept the better off you'll be.

BTW for you to dismiss a divison rival game especially one that involves the Jets and Dolphins. It really shows how hard you refuse to read what people write and your overwhelming desire to just argue. The Dolphins/Jets game to end the season was a very important game to the Dolphins for several reason.

A) Miami lost to the Jets in Miami to open the season.

B) Winning division games is key to success in every single season you play, that is if you hope to be a good or great team.

C) It was important to Chad to prove the Jets made a huge mistake letting him go, therefore it was important to the team and coaches Chad win that game. "Team" being the key word in that sentence.

D) Miami needed to win that game to win not only the division, but make the playoffs. It also had a bonus result, it would mean the Pats would miss the playoffs. If you think that had no effect on the players effort than you simply don't understand this sport.

E) Miami would return to the playoffs for the first time in quite a few years. It also helped solidify their hard work for the 08 season.

F) If Miami loses that game they would have been swept by a division rival. This coaching staff is determined to make it clear what wins and loses games and seasons. Losing to division rivals is a sure fire way to ensure failure. Successful teams win division games.

I can't for the life of me understand what the hell you think when you post, but so many times you just spout off nonsense and you really don't seem to spend much time thinking before you post.

I'm not contradicting myself, you're trying as hard as you can to twist what I say simply to antagonize and argue.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

I don't know how you can make up some percentage of strength he still had. That's complete speculation on your part and has no basis in reality. Only a doctor and Brett could give an accurate assessment of what percentage of arm strength he had. He was making a lot of under throws and off target passes and clearly didn't have what he used to.

Obviously the injury didn't directly lead to poor decisions. As I said before though, you have to consider how the injury indirectly played a role. First, because he couldn't attack defenses like he used to the offense suffered. So we were unable to be as effective on offense thus putting up less points. Second, those mental errors become more significant when the offense is putting up less points. Third, when the team is losing he goes into desperation mode and makes more mental mistakes.

15. The Uniform Bomber

And then we watched Mr. No Arm Strength play 1 more game and get dominated by an aggressive D, as his been the case his entire career.

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I'm not twisting anything you're saying. You just say twisted things <shrug>

I don't edit my posts to change my argument: you do.

What's not to understand about ONE THIRD OF THE TDs BEING SCORED THROUGH THE END OF NOVEMBER COMING FROM THE WILD CAT AND UNDERSTANDING THAT IT'S A LARGE PART OF THE SUCCESS YOU HAD. Maybe caps will help you out. You are from Florida, you could be 90 for all I know.

Would using the WC successfully not state, even indirectly, that your coach did a good job? Yes it would state your coach did a good job, so what the hell are you arguing the fact for?

And lastly, you are a troll. You came here talking crap as soon as Ryan and Chowder got into it. So please, spare me the victim bullshit. Everyone here sees through it. You're not fooling anyone.

For a guy that claims people don't understand anything, and can't read or whatever that shit you're spouting off is, is about as contradictory as can be.

Go ahead and give Miami the Lombardi Trophy for winning the division. We already have the Lombardi Trophy for OTAs locked up.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I agree, it is like running in circles....and here we are, back at it again.

18. nyjunc

I watched every snap he took, I don't have to be his Dr. to know what I see.

His bad throws weren't always underthrows, he had alot of overthrows too and wide in either direction.

I've been following this team since 1981, do you know how many division titles we have won in that span? how many home playoff games? 2 div titles and 4 home playoff games. In one season he took a 1-15 laughingstock to half as many div titles as I have seen in my lifetime and 25% of the home playoff games. He had more talent here, I'm sure things would ahve been different w/ our talent and him at QB against Baltimore at the meadowlands.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

Your eyeball test is hardly good enough to set an accurate percentage. I don't care how accurate you think it is, it's silly to believe what you're saying.

Regardless of the percentage, he wasn't able to physically do what he used to and it took away a lot of what he did his entire career. Overthrown balls could have just been him overcompensating. His rifle wasn't calibrated correctly.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.