ProFootball Weekly 2009 Preview... Jets dead last

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yeah not to mention FTP is a troll from the Phins site, that is coming on to the Jets site bashing the Jets and their fans. But for some reason or another Junc takes his side. Whatever, ya know?

I'm starting to think they're the same person.

Addition: In fact, the more I think about it the more I see similarities in the arguments the two aliases make. Junc has in the past complained about Jet fans and how they act towards the QB....so has FTP. Junc has stuck up for Chad regardless of how poor he plays...so has FTP.

Hmmmmm...

#141 JohnnyJohnson, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I haven't read the whole thread bu this last page I have seen nothing but one our posters act like a little kid w/ the name calling and it embarrasses us.

WHO caught on? youn didn't say all but who did? They obviosuly kept having success so who caught on?

It was amazing Chad led them to 11 wins w/ the weapons he had, he would have killed for the weapons Favre had last year but against better talent the lack of offensive talent on Miami becomes magnified. Facing a D like Bal's was the worst possible matchup for them.

Chad was absolutely terrible against Baltimore but again find me the QB who has his OL and RBs play the way his did and has the mediocre receivers he had to throw to yet still has success in postseason? Chad deserves his sahe of the blame w/o a doubt but it wasn't all on him and if they never get him they don't come close to making the playoffs.

3. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

What is so bad about the Miami o-line? I'd say Miami's o-line last year wasn't nearly as porous as Pittsburgh's.

And frankly, yes, Chad was under pressure against the Ravens. But let's not overlook the fact that every single one of those picks was a throw into double or triple coverage and two of them were on second downs. Every one of those balls should have been thrown away or tucked; they were downright poor decisions.

4. nyjunc

Their OL is decent but they were manhandled against Baltimore.

It's touhg to make the correct decision when you have no time to throw and no receievers to throw to.

5. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

It wasn't Brett being injured that cost the Jets games down the stretch, it was coaching. Brett sure did play well at times last year, but he also had a ton of int's both before and after his injury. The Jets went out and spent 100 mil in upgrades and had a very good Oline and RB duo. All the Jets had to do was switch things up and become a run first type of team. Given how well the defense played most of 08 the Jets could have easily won the division despite Bretts injury. Instead Mangini decided to continue to win through Bretts arm and it cost the Jets a divison title and a playoff berth. As for the secondary being suspect? Aagin it's the coaching, the Jets have more than enough talent in the secondary to defend any passing attack.

You can think whatever you like about whatever you want, it doesn't make it fact. The Dolphins success came early with the wildcat declined as weeks went on due to the fact it was basically one dimensional and that's not how to run the formation properly. You don't understand this and you are trying to make an argument for something you don't even have your facts straight about. Without knowing where your information is coming from, my guess is the Wildcat accounted for 1/3 of their total "RUSHING" TD's, not total offensive TD's, but that's just a guess seeing as how I no information on where you're getting your information.

And lets pretend the 1/3 is correct, that's hardly evidence the Wildcat was a dominant part of their offense, 2/3 would be, not 1/3. Bascaily if the Dolphins had 33 total TD's and the Wildcat accounted for 1/3, that would be just 11 TD's leaving 22 TD's scored other ways such as the pass and run through their regular offensive scheme. Lets jsut say for argument sake the span you're talking about is 10 games. It would break down like this, just over 1 TD a game avg. scored by a TD and just over 2 TD's scored by other means during that same amount of time.

But that's not all, the Wildcat offense scored 4 TD's in one game, against the Pats. That most definatley skews the numbers over the 10 weeks. Why? Becuse you're tryinng to reason the Wildcat was a major contributor in the Dolphins success over the 10 weeks when in reality a major chunk of that success came in just one game and that was the very first time they used it. Please stop with this ignorant rant about how great the wildcat was for the Dolphins in 08, cause as I've said, it's simply a very samll part of their overall success.

6. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

First of all, my responses have been provoked. I try to be reasonable. As much as you don't like what I have to say and much as you may disagree, I was civil, it wasn't until numerous ignoratn childish posts that I strated to give becak what I was given. If you notice it's a theme here. There are quite a few Jet fans who resort to name calling rather than mature debate. So plkease stop acting as if I was part of the nonsense. You want to be civil, I can be as civil as anyone, but you start insulting and I'll give it right back to you.

#146 feelthepain, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  7. nyjunc

It wasn't coaching, Brett cost us our season and it wasn't b/c of his injury. he was making typical Favre decisions that killed us early in the year that he seemingly had put behind him. he had an excellent OL, excellent running game, very good WRs and a very good pass catching TE. he had everything a QB could ask for but much like he cost GB a year earlier he cost us our season then fled out of town. Did you catch that inspriing pre-game pep talk he gave his teamamtes in week 17? That was clearly a man on a mission:drunk:

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I think Brett played a big part in our downfall, as did coaching, as did big Jenx being injured. Bretts injury didn't make the decisions but it certainly effected him. A gunslinger with a broken gun is pretty much useless. There were a lot of underthrown and off target passes to go along with the typical favre mental errors. If he were healthy and able to make his normal throws the other errors would have been less costly and/or may never have occurred due to not needing prayers.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

OK well you've made your point about how well Chad played and how well your entire team did. You've also made your point that Channing Crowder got the best of Rex Ryan. Shouldn't you be moving along now?

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I love how when Chad was injured that was the reason for the fall, beyond a doubt. But Brett being injured was just an excuse for shitty decision making.

Brett had surgery for the hell of it. He was ahead of schedule on his harvest back at the farm, and had some time to kill. What better way to kill time than to have surgery for the hell of it?

Some people will never give Brett credit no matter what he does.

11. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Lets not forget Miami was coming off a 1-15 season and BP and company couldn't replace every position in one off season, however Miami's Oline was missing two starters on the Oline when they faced the Ravens. Smiley and Donald Thomas were missing due to injury. Chad was not to blame for the loss against the Ravens, that was a total team failure. The Offense acorss the board played badly and the Defense played well enoguh to win, but not with the offense palying as badly as they did.

I said this before and I'll say it again. Miamis season was the final Jets game. They spent their emotion and momentum on that game. Emotionally they had nothing left for Baltimore. And thats usually how it goes with teams learning how to win again. It's a process, you mke strides from one season to the next till you're ready to compete for a SB. IMO Miami is in position to imporve on last year. I think the tougher schedule couldn't be a better thing for this team. If Miami win's it will do nothing but increase their confidence.

I see no reason with this coaching staff heading into their second season and the additions made and using the momentum form last seasons success Miami shouldn't be better this year. As for Chad going down and this team losing a lot of games. I don't know that, that will be the case. I think Miami can win with Henne, it's helped that he was on the sidelines learning the game at this level. I think Henne can win at this level and the Dolphins are talented and well enough coached to help him succeed. Of course no one knows for sure, but I think Henne will be fine. Chad Pennington did for the Dolphins what no rookie could have done and that's to focus and play with confidence.

12. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Why? Becuse you can't handle differing POV's? This is a football site designed to talk football, if you can't handle that maybe you should move on.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I would argue that a QB like Chad can play better w/a shoulder injury than a gunslinger because he always relied less on arm strength.

14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Alright well hold on now. In another post you're saying that Chad didn't have a lot of talent around him, but somehow now Henne will?

Also, Chad has been in the league for how many years now? When does he plan on learning how to win again? Again? I'm sorry but if you have 10 wins and you blow your load on the Jets who are spiraling out of control, then you surely don't know how to win. Which brings home the point we are making, regarding Chad. He can't win when it's necessary. In the playoffs.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but you keep contradicting yourself. Pick a side already.

15. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

True but the key difference here is I'm a JETS FAN.

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Oh agreed. Chad was the master of checking down and throwing to the later options. How many times did he throw for half the yards he needed on 3rd and long, hoping for enough YAC?

More than can be counted.

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

In fact here's a nice challenge for The Chad Club: How many times did Chad throw the ball away? I don't have an exact figure but I can assure you it was extremely low. Chad rarely took sacks, which was a bonus, but he rarely threw it away. In fact more often than not he threw it to his last option, not gaining the required amount of yards necessary to move the chains.

Can you say "Bloated QB rating"?

18. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Well here's where we'll have to disagree. The HC's job is to coach the team and if you have a player making a ton of mistakes it's your job as the coach to make adjustments to basically steer the ship. I realize it's Brett Fvare we're talking about and the Jets made a huge investment with his addition, but as you stated, the Jets had more than enough talent to win, with or without Brett. The coach needed to step in and either convince Brett his way wasn't getting it done or you replace him. This game isn't about one player, it's about the team.

The reason the team fell apart is because they lost faith in Brertt. Had Mangini stepped in and made the rushing attack the strength of their offense, the Jets still could have had success without Brett throwing the ball. Instead things just snowballed and no one stopped it. This game can change form week to week, good coaching adjusts and tries to maintain the satus quo. Brett is no longer the player he was and that should have been a part of the game plan.

Don't put the entire game in Bretts hands when you know he doesn't have what he once had. Sure he could throw the ball deep, but use that as a weapon when you're a running team. Not as the the focus of the offense. The teams the Jets faced knew Brett was gonna take unnecessary chances and they took advantage of that and made him pay. Bascially the Jets coaching staff put the game in Bretts hands and that was a mistake. Bretts arm was good enough to throw the ball deep and be deadly, just not like he did when he was 25. Had the Jets been more balanced on offense, they would have been a much better team. That comes down to coaching, not the players.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Your back. Hey, you were right about your team last year, I will give you that but I would not expect a repeat from Chad again. That his MO. I am to lazy to read all your posts about our teams. I thing all 3 teams are gonna suck and the Pats will walk away with the division and last years collapse for the Jets was a total team collapse and coaching.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I half agree with you. I totally agree they should have used the run to setup the pass, instead of the pass to setup the pass. But Favre was in fact injured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.