ProFootball Weekly 2009 Preview... Jets dead last

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I trust Vince Wilfork's opinion alot morethan a mag. Vin says Mangold is the toughest matchup he faces, and Vince is one of the top 3 nose tackles in the game.

2. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

OK fantasy land, whatever you need to think to live in your version of reality.

3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Fantasy Land? I gave you cold hard facts! Who cares what you think. You've been over here for weeks now trying to convince fans of another team that you're right, when facts have been presented that you're dead wrong.

You're a moron, and that's not even the worst part of it. The worst part of it is you're a stubborn moron who lacks the ability to learn. That leaves you dead smack in the middle of "intellectually disabled"

Or you're just a jerk that likes to argue. So which is it?

#123 JohnnyJohnson, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  4. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

You've done nothing of the sort. All you've done is post an opinion on the impact the wildcat had on the Dolphins. Your opinion is hardly cold hard facts. Honestly I don't give a damn how you view the Wildcat and its effect on the Dolphins success, cause Miami is well coached. Something your trying desperately to ignore. It's the whole reason you're on this little "wildcat tangent". It's a sad little diversion

Obviously in your little world all that exists in football is one formation, like Miami didn't need talent, Defense, ST or coaching to win games. No, just the "wildcat" and now that the rest of the league has figured out how to "stop the wildcat" Miami is doomed!! Go ahaed keep living in some world where the facts are scewed so you don't have to accept whatever it is you don't like.

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

As of Nov 21st the WC had score d a 3rd of their TDs. That is COLD HARD FACT. A full 3rd dude. You may not think a 3rd is large, but here's an idea, chop a 3rd of your pay out (assuming you have a job, that is) and then get back to me.

Retard.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

feelthepain: many Jet fans despise Chad for some reason and giving all the credit to the wildcat takes credit away from Chad even though he was the biggest reason you guys went from 1-15 to 11-5 in one season.

7. nyjunc

Why don't you stop w/ the childish namecalling and just debate the guy?

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I'm raising my hand.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Why don't you mind your own business.

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Junc: I'm not going to get into it with you again. Whine all you like, it's just not going to happen.

Edit: In fact, I just added you to my ignore list, so have a nice life buddy.

#130 JohnnyJohnson, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  11. nyjunc

do we really have to sit here and watch one of our posters embarrass the rest of us b/c he cannot get into a civilized debate? Isn't it against the rules to call other posters "retards, jerks, morons, intellectually disabled"?

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Junc, while you were leading the million-man-march against TGG, ftp has been trolling this board with Chad's balls in his mouth. So, really, this doesn't concern you.

As JJ showed, the Wild Cat led to a good percentage of the Phins' points, and therefore, it was a significant part of the Offense. To say it wasn't, is just retarded. FTP, all you're showing is the # of times it was used which isn't the determining factor.

It doesn't matter if it was used merely once per game; if points were a direct result of it, then it was a factor.

But what happened was, as teams caught onto it, it became less and less effective and then, all of the sudden, it came time for Chad to lead the team to points.

And when the Ravens shut it down completely, Chad shit the bed, as usual against that type of D. Someone posted the clips of those INT's -- don't give me that crap that the OL was terrible; on 2 of those INT's he had plenty of time, yet the smart, accurate Chad seemed to have disappeared once again.

13. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I'm wondering the same thing.

14. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I agree Chad was the biggest single reason for the Dolphins success in 08. I think the coaching, talent around Chad and the soft schedule also played a large part of the success, but without Chad Miami probably wouldn't have won 11 games and the division.

I'm hoping the lack of success in back to back seasons is something Chad can overcome this year because I think this is a crucial transitional season for the Dolphins. They need to progress. I think another strong season would really have the Dolphins in postion to be an elite team heading into 2010.

15. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

And yet the Dolphins had the better season all around than the Jets? Go figure!

16. nyjunc

Against TGG? please show proof of that. I had every right to be mad at the site but I never said anything about about the site.

any argument on this board concerns me and when I see posters constantly attacking other posters it certainly concerns me. There's no need for that nonsense.

I haven't read the entire thread or checked out his info- maybe he is right? I don't know but does he have to act like a jerk towards the other poster w/ the childish name calling?

if teams were atching onto it how come Miami won their last 5 reg season games to win the division? the only team that really shut them down was Baltimore and they did it early and late last year- they didn't "catch on".

Chad was awful against Baltimore but it's comical how everyone acts like it was all his fault. His WRs were Ted Ginn and Devone Bess, his supposedly great RBs ran it for 34 yds on 2.25 YPC, his Ol was dominated. Name me the QB that will have success w/ what he had to work w/?

Chad hasn't had a lack of success in back to back seasons it's been a lack of good health. he's never been healthy in back to back years. IF he's healthy you know what you will get and that will be a winning, professional QB but if not you can expect the losses to pile up.

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

We had an injured QB at the helm. The Jet pass D had been suspect all year and our coach refused to use a successful running game, when it was clear the QB was hurt.

That is the reality of it. I'll give you this, the Phins D was solid, as was the coaching and Chad's play. I've ALWAYS maintained that Chad was a "good" QB, but nothing more. But for you to sit there and deny that a 3rd of the points scored from a particular scheme was not a large contribution is nothing short of absurd. It's right there int he numbers and you're denying it. It only makes you look ignorant to deny it, when it's right there slapping you in the face. Or it makes you look like a troll.

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Finally some sense. You're a gem in a sea of plastic spiderman rings.

19. nyjunc

someone tell JJ to actually post the links to his findings. he posted that he found out how much they scored using the WC but didn't post the link.

20. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

First of all, FTP is just as guilty of name-calling as the next guy; he's brought it on himself. Maybe you should check the post history before you start playing the role of Mr. Righteous.

I didn't say all teams caught onto it, but there were teams that did, which was evidence by Miami using it less and less as the season unwound.

What's comical is that Chad had all those weapons the entire the season, and Miami won 11 games along with the Division. Then they make the Playoffs and those same players are suddenly scrubs? So Chad can lead them there and get credit for Miami's turnaround, but when he throws 4 INTs (again, 2 of which he had plenty of time to pass) it's not his fault? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. I'd be willing to give Chad the benefit of the doubt if I hadn't already seen that same Playoff performance from him numerous times before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.