17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

starting selling how many months before we did?

2. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

What are their mezz club seats? Is that the entire sideline mezz? I think I read that their coach's club and mezz club seats were still available.

3. 17a_tailgater

click the link lazy

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

What the Jets office did with this whole new parking thing is quite interesting. When I called the FO last week and specifically asked about where the parking would be for the Upper non-PSL people, they had an immediate answer for me:

"We're not sure yet where that parking will be. In the Fall, after all the PSLs are sold, we'll be able to figure out which lots are designated for that." Real nice. More intimidation and uncertainty for the Upper people. It's all part of pushing people over the edge to buy into the PSL program.

In the meantime, the Giants are all sold out in the Upper Deck and they can probably tell you EXACTLY where those sections will park. Who's kidding who? You don't go through an entire re-design of a new facitilty this large and obtain all your approvals from the DOT without knowing EXACTLY who will park where and what the capacities of each are, etc.

You can bet the Giants know where the Uppers will be able to park and it will in all likelyhood be fairly convenient. After all, those are PSL seats for the Giants. So, assuming the Jets will use the same exact parking areas for their Uppers, don't be intimidated into thinking that you're going to have to walk to Hoboken to retrieve your vehicle. Further yes, but not the unimaginable horror the Jets would have you believe (until all PSLs are sold, at which time the tune changes and becomes more "fan friendly").

5. CrackTheSky

CrackTheSky New Member

The Newest thread for stadium pics was fully justified.

Isn't there a point where this post and its 99 pages of updates is too long? I want' the most current stadium info and pics but I have no desire to wade thru 99pages and counting of posts it is ridiculous. Some one posted updated photos of the stadium recently and people here actually gave him grief for not posting in in the bloated thread that is this one. If people like to spend that much time looking at posts thats great, but I have no intention of doing that and if new pics get posted they should get a new thread so people can quickly find them and move on. I just have a problem with anyone that doesn't get that and bags on a smart person for making it easy to see the pics.

6. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Sorry to have wasted your time sir. TGG will be mailing you out Cliff Notes to any and all threads that are longer than 10 pages, so you will not be inconvenienced in the future. And to all of us current season ticket holders who have found great information within these 99 pages...SHAME ON YOU.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If you want the most current info, start from the last page and work back. As far as pictures, go the Jet website. Its a freaking conntruction zone. I have been inside the new stadium, walked the whole place. Its no big deal. Its a lot of steel and concrete. The off season is over, the boys have packed it in to late July, time to give Football a rest for me. I want to thank everyone who helped me during my 10 days of acting like Larry David while I waited for my day like an expectant father. I am not giving the new place or Woody or all the $$$ anymore thought, its 2 seasons away, we act like its this fall. Yeah, we have a 2009 season to play in the old place, with the old prices, the old sections and that's what matters.... winning dammit. Hell, I got an idea, lets win the Super Bowl and then open the new place raising the banner and then give the seats up after one year . Have a great summer and best of luck to those who still have a chance at the UD.

#1967 sec314, Jun 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  8. no psls

no psls Banned

They are oldtime fans . Besides, only $1000.00 PSL is affordable .

9. Section 227. Row 5

This post tells me that you truly haven't read even several pages to make an attempt at understanding what this thread has been and currently is all about. Had you done your homework, you'd know by now how foolish your critisizm sounds.

The thread is less about pictures and more about the new stadium as it relates to people who want seats. It's ever changing, which is why "99 pages of updates" is not "too long." This thread won't be over until just about everyone has obtained seats, because it's an on-going process. 199 pages may eventually not be too long. If you're only here for the pictures, go to NY Jets.com and look at the WebCam as 314 suggests. You can then look at your pictures and move on, as you say.

But people are in this thread for other reasons, not the least of which is to try to determine (if they don't have a seat yet), where the Jets are in the process, what sections are still available, what others just before them are taking and why. It has also included posts on parking, entrance ramps, tailgating, etc., and yes, includes updated pictures, which I personally like. It started out as a picture album of 17a's "tour" but has become much more to a lot of people as their turn came up and they went through the throws of trying to make a decision.

So yeah, it's over 99 pages long, but so what? It's the last 10-15 pages that are the most current and they do include pictures, which relate immensely to the subject matter (the orientation of the new building as it relates to the parking areas, for example). That one picture was invaluable to me to help determine which seats I wanted... even which side of the stadium I wanted to be on and where the escalators are. So I see no problem with keeping those pictures together in this one place for reference. We're not just here to look at the pictures, we're actually using the pictures to help make decisions.

But again, if you're only here for pictures, you've come to the wrong thread - you really want to go over the the Jets site and gawk away to your heart's content at the official pictures over there. there won't be any discussion over there but, what the hell, that's not what you're looking for anyway.

10. that ahole

that ahole New Member

I just wanted to post a quick note in support of Sec 227's comments. I have just been lurking until now but I have been religiously following this thread and I find the information to be invaluable. I have seats in sec 337 row 2 and my seniority is 1991 so this thread has been a critical source of information to me. I was waiting until I made my seat selection and then I was going to post my experience - as a sort of pay it forward.

11. 17a_tailgater

this thread is constantly being updated with info for those who are making there selections in the new stadium.

12. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Heck, I live in Arizona and will not go to a Jets home game unless I happen to be travelling back to NJ and I have enjoyed the thread greatly. For some reason I find it very interesting to see what's going on even though it really doesn't affect me one bit. The fact that this thread is near 100 pages (that has to be a record) is a testament it's popularity and usefullness. The day this thread goes to the second page will be a bummer.

One thing that I think would be interesting is to take all of the PSL dollars that the Jets and Giants fans will be charged (assuming full participation and taking into account the "Auction" that the Jets had) and seeing how much it adds up to. Then compare that to the total construction cost of the new stadium. When you think of it, building one stadium, to house two football teams for ten games a year makes complete economical sense. Unfortunately, you local guys didn't benefit one bit (by reduced PSL's) it seems.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

not sure if the other thread got merged into this one, but i recall reading it and i am pretty sure that nobody got annoyed or yelled at anyone. they simply stated that it would be good to have that information in this thread.

these guys do all this work and discussion and someone always wants to come in after spending no time and complain that they dont want to spend any time.

oh and dont forget the bitching and complaining that many have been doing to get it out of their systems as things frustrate them about the whole move. this is one of the best threads i have ever seen on the internet, not even champ could take it down!

14. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]

15. z28lt1

z28lt1 New Member

I'm 1991 as well, I update as I know. Just curious, did you get an email stating your call day? I saw some 1991ers did....I did not

16. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I set my User Preferences to 40 posts per page.

I'm only on page 50.

Give it a try...that way you'll only have to wade half way in. :smile:

17. Section 227. Row 5

Give him time!

18. CrackTheSky

CrackTheSky New Member

I didn't say there was a problem with the thread, I just said that if someone wants to post new pics let him start a new thread if he wants without giving him grief. I was glad I could quickly look at the latest pics without having to sift thru so much material, not saying that the long post is bad, just that its too long for many. Please feel free to completely agree or make me lunch, either one will be fine. If you have something to say that I wouldn't like, you know what to call yourself, give yourself a slap too.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahaa... new and interesting way to troll. You get an A- from me for troll disguise!

But seriously, it's a very simple thing... and it goes back to the very first post ever on the internet. If you don't lke reading something, don't read it. Very simple solution. Go look at pictures elsewhere if the commentary between pics upsets you. It's the way the thread is, man. Either get used to it or go elsewhere. Most people do.

20. 17a_tailgater

post #1980 page 99