Michael Crabtree chat on NFL.com

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Mambo9, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

What do you think is wrong with Davis? Is it more than just the awful QB play in SF? I still think he'll be a good player in the NFL, but unless SF gets a legit QB it won't be in SF.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Shaun Hill really isn't that bad. I think he'll be the Niners' starting QB again, because he is the perfect game manager and that's what Singletary and Raye want. They want to run the football and make smart throws.

Davis is a physical freak, but it hasn't really translated over to the NFL. He was supposed to create all of these huge mismatches and he's really just been average. I have a few friends that are Niner fans and they think he's a horrible route runner - constantly falling or tripping up on routes.

Vernon Davis looked like he was coming around in 2007 when he had 52 catches for 509 yards, but he followed that up with a less than mediocre 2008 with 31 catches for 358 yards.

When he was drafted he was expected to put up huge numbers like Gonzalez, Gates, Witten, and Winslow, but he hasn't even come close to playing on that level.

Other tight ends drafted in 2006 like Owen Daniels and Tony Scheffler have had much better careers so far.

#22 Mr Electric, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

From what I've read on both Davis brothers is that they are physical freaks who lok a lot better on tape and in workouts then they actually play on the field.

Being a receiver or TE in the NFL requires constant work to be the best. Guys like Jerry rice and Marvin Harrison have something in common. They out worked evey one in pratice. Staying late to run routes, putting in extra time in the offseason. Its not shock that a guy with an Ego as big as vernons is not rising to the top. If he thinks he's too good to listen to Singletary during a game I'm willing to bet he's puttting in more gym time than work on the feild or film room.

4. The GM

The GM New Member

You might be the biggest loser/creep that I have ever had the misfortune of meeting in my life. You stalked me over to another forum just to post some trash LOL!!!

You looked really cool, everyone could tell that you had a life...
    See what they know and what most people realize is that I offer my opinion and leave it out there for people to evaluate, you try to shove your opinion down people's throats as fact.

You rub many, many people the wrong way and I bet that is true in the real world as well, that is if you leave your computer. It's kind of pathetic that you decided to cyber stalk me, which leaves me feeling a little sad for you.

As for your knocks on Vernon, take them with a grain of salt. Yes he has not lived up to the expectations but it is far from entirely being his fault. Unlike the other top tight ends, he has not had a stable Quarterback or Offensive Coordinator in any year during his career to date. It is hard for a TE to stretch the seams when a team does not respect your WRs. The safety coverage needs to go to the outsides so the middle opens up for the TE to exploit -- when a team does not respect your WRs the Safeties don't shade to the WRs and stay in the middle, thus not leaving the middle of the field open for a TE like Vernon. I thought you understood how football was played? Hopefully with Crabtree opposing teams will focus on him and that will open up the field for him. And despite his stature at only 6'3, Davis is one of the best run blocking TEs in the NFL. I'm surprised you didn't know that - I thought you knew everything?

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's funny - it sounds like you're talking about yourself. Don't come over here, steal my shit, use it there, and then try to make yourself feel better.

I went through the link that you sent through that incredibly queer interactive mock, saw that you were regurgitating a lot of things I said, and did something about it. It's nice to see you're trying to get everyone over there to believe Lee Robinson is the best linebacker ever as well.

LOL!!!

On to Vernon Davis...

He wasn't drafted in the top ten to be a run blocker...he was supposed to be the next generation receiving tight end...something we've never seen before. He hasn't lived up to that yet.

I never said it was his fault for being mediocre.

Where'd you go in the Robert Griffin III/Workout Warriors thread? Massive FAIL.

#25 Mr Electric, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Posts like this are exactly why no one on this board likes you and thus ignores your input. You don't like MrE, thats fine, take it to PM's. No need to go all drama queen in the draft forum.

7. The GM

The GM New Member

So what would you call it when someone stalks you to another board to make a public post about you. Certainly worse than a drama queen...

Harpua you were actually the first person here to be offensive towards me on this boards, way way back when I made my first mock, so it doesn't surprise me that you don't like me - I'm not a big fan of yours either.

8. The GM

The GM New Member

LOLOL

You think everything is about you don't you. I rarely ever read your posts or your threads and I mostly ALWAYS disagree with you. So you think I take your crappy posts and regurgitate them somewhere else??? Everything I post is my own opinion. If for some godforsaken reason we share the same view on something and I don't know about it and you think I've stolen it from you, get over yourself.

As for Vernon, I agree he hasn't lived up to the hype. He hasn't really been given the best circumstances to show his "unimaginable" receiving ability in San Francisco, but he was able to show his great effectiveness as a blocker on a heavy run-first team. He'll have a better chance to prove his worth and draft spot this season with Crabtree getting some attention on the outside.

Robert Griffin III is straight-line speed fast, not elusive, which means he'll really only be affective scrambling if he gets the sideline. He's got a decent arm and great touch, but he's not a franchise QB in the NFL.

My favorite Workout Warrior is Taylor Mays and he's been a favorite prospect of mine for over two years. His stats don't truly the reflect the kind of player he is because of the role Pete Carroll uses him in as a centerfielder/last line of defense; he'll be a playmaker in the NFL and Top 5 safety if he can work on his hands for the INT.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

How can you say you rarely read my posts and then say you "mosty ALWAYS" disagree with me? That makes no sense at all.

Yes, I do. EVERSON GRIFFEN...enough said.

If you're drafted in the top ten to be a dominant receiving tight end, you shouldn't need help to get open. The guy ran a ridiculous 40 time and he was supposed to create mismatches all over the field - short, deep, and over the middle. Don't blame his mediocrity on other people.

Oakland also lacked a good wideout in 2008. Zach Miller of the Raiders put up very good numbers, playing in a run heavy system with god awful quarterback play. Miller had a team high 55 catches...next was Johnnie Lee Higgins with 22.

Robert Griffin III is usually the fastest person on the field. RG3 is definitely fast enough to evade pass rushers and get to the outside...he proved that many, many times in 2008. The thread wasn't about him being a franchise quarterback - it was about his freakish ability.

Calling him "simply a workout warrior" after all he accomplished as a true freshman on a bottom feeder team is a fucking insult.

You were wrong and you won't admit it.

This is pretty much irrelevant.

Nobody cares if Mays is one of your favorite prospects. He's been almost everyone's favorite safety for 3 years. In 2010 we'll see Berry vs. Mays.

Taylor Mays isn't a workout warrior. He's been considered a top ten pick since he was a true freshman at USC. Sure his measurables help, but his talent is obvious there or he wouldn't be playing for Southern Cal.

He's a safety - he's supposed to be the "last line of defense". What's the point of bringing him up in the box with linebackers like Cushing, ReyRey, Maiava, and Matthews? I'd leave him back there too...nobody's going to get past him.

You sent me a link to your "interactive" mock, remember? I just didn't say anything until I saw you were using my ideas over there as your own.

#29 Mr Electric, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  10. The GM

The GM New Member

So what you're saying is you regularly go over there to read what I'm writing and see what I'm doing. If that doesn't scream stalker, I don't know what does. And the reason I didn't want to give you the link is because I know you didn't have a life and you'd do something like that. You've only confirmed my impression of you.

And if you go over there and check the first dates that I talked about Griffen and look here at the first dates you did, I talked about him long before you did -- months before you did. You were just saying he was going to be the most dominant DE ever because of his measurables and I said that he had the potential to be a real terror because of them and because of the stats he put up while only playing in limited time.

Do everyone a favor and get over yourself. And do me a personal favor and stop stalking over the internet.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

1. The reason you didn't want to give me or anyone else is the link is because you knew how fucking stupid that interactive mock was. You "worked the system" because you were the system. The fact that you were on the trade committee after all of those Madden-esque trades is hilarious.

2. I checked the first dates and the first time I mentioned Everson Griffen was in June 2008...three months before you joined this board. You also posted in that specific thread just to crack on someone for making an obvious mistake.

3. You never said anything about Everson Griffen being a "real terror". (I guess you're trying to make yourself look smart again) You bashed me for ranking him in the top ten in MY rankings and then you said he had potential. My rankings are based on potential. I honestly believe that he can be the most physically gifted defensive end ever. I follow west coast recruiting more closely than I follow the draft. You follow I-AA garbage that doesn't get drafted.

You act like I'm out to get you and I wasn't until you acted like you were better than everyone else on this site. You ONLY post in the draft forum. You bring absolutely nothing to this site. Guys like WW85 and Green Hurricane disagree with some of my views but they aren't arrogant about it and we can actually have a reasonable and fair debate.

Before all of this stupid shit, I tried to be straight up with you through PM. I told you that you were rubbing people the wrong way with your arrogance, constant criticisms, and constant mock drafts.

You took my ideas, used them as your own, and that's bullshit.

I try to "scare away" everyone that's new? I've been on a member of TGG for 6 years. I've only had a problem with two posters...JetsLookingForDWare (who's banned) and you.

I'll never take you seriously as a poster. The only people on this board that actually agrees with you in RaiderJeaux.

I'm not the one that needs to get over myself. You know more than me and you're confident in that, but please don't dedicate yourself to our board. I don't want to read anymore trade scenarios involving our first round pick for Ben Hartsock.

#31 Mr Electric, Jun 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  12. The GM

The GM New Member

First off, go check the Falcons board to see when I mentioned Griffen as a potential stud DE and then check here for the first time you mentioned it. I did before you did, but you don't see me accusing you of stealing my stuff. And for the second time, as a member of the Trade Committee you are not allowed to vote on your own trade for obvious reasons. But keep spewing bs to try and make a point. I post mostly in the draft forum because one of my favorite parts of the game are the draft, trades, and free agent movement.
    RaiderJeaux is retarded don't pool me in the same anything with him. I bring up my own points which many here have found valid and given me kudos for -- targeting specific players for our defense in my IMD trades such as Cliff Avril, Quentin Groves, Frank Okam, and Ryan Torain, assessing the free agent talent who would be good fits for us i.e. Ray Willis at RT, Jarrad Page at S, Derrick Martin at CB, and Leonard Weaver as the heir to the FB position.

As for the Hartsock comment, this is again you spewing bullshit. The trade was a trade down a few spots in the first round because the player we would target would still be available there, and picking up one of the best blocking TEs in the NFL. What is one of our team needs? A blocking TE. I know I was sacrificing trade value, but the trade made sense from a needs perspective. I was anticipating that Nicks would still be available at #24, and on draft day he was.

I don't really care if you take me seriously or not, I'm not here to post for your liking. The only people I "rub the wrong way" are you and Harpua because you are both arrogant know-it-alls. I'm open to debate, but I don't tend to get along with someone that says "HAHA what you're saying is fucking stupid and a joke."

13. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Gm thats was a well thought out response. Keep up the good work and you have to learn to ignore some people. They are trying to justify their importance on a message board. IF they were as good as they thought they were, they would be working in some NFL front office. Until you get paid for your analysis, your opinion is just as good as someone elses.

BTw MR electric who made you in charge of the draft forum. This is not cool. "I'm not the one that needs to get over myself. You know more than me and you're confident in that, but please don't dedicate yourself to our board. I don't want to read anymore trade scenarios involving our first round pick for Ben Hartsock."
    Everyone entitled to their opinion, you make your case using facts and let everyone else judge the posts merits. Thats not your job.

#33 Raiderjoe, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The GM must run a 4.2...you love him.

Also, Jeaux, The GM compared me to a man that can do no wrong, Al Davis.

#34 Mr Electric, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this was pre-meditated.

You're not real

16. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

All I know is GM knows the draft. That is his one speciality and what he really good at. I respect the man knowledge when it comes to the draft.

The rest of the football and his observation are alittle off. That wasn't very nice of GM to say this.

Still he entitled to his opinion as long as he keeps giving up his nuggets for the draft. (players to look out for) GM even though you don't like me, Im a big fan of yours. Keep up the good work. Your getting my vote for 2010 ganggreen Draft guru.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you're very good at this character.

You deserve TGGs fake persona award.

You are the best troll I've ever seen. A true genuine troll.

Cheers to you, whoever you are :beer: