17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

As far as Upper Sideline seats, I liked Jetsetter's idea of drawing the line. And this depicts fairly accurately what was still available as of yesterday, although I think you'll probably have to start the line from the top of the two sections to either side of the 50YL Sections and then bring it down from there to the corners.

I took this line-drawing idea a step further and took a ruler and measured the distance from the Jets logo in the center of the field to the edges of the Upper Deck. From the center of the field to the middle of the 50YL seats, it's only 3 1/4", yet it's about 4" to the first rows of the corner. What I'm saying is, because of the oval shape, don't be fooled by thinking the 10th row of the corner is equivalent to the 10 row on the 50YL, it is not. You are further away. It's a tradeoff now, remember, you're trading closeness to the rail for closeness to the 50, and vice-versa.

What I discovered when my call came in was, apparently more people have been wanting to be closer to the rail no matter if they're giving up quite a bit of real estate off of center than I had anticipated. The lower rows are filling up regardless of the fact that they are further away from dead center than what is available closer to the 50YL.

In other words, a good seat in the 16th Row on the south side (the 50YL side) of Section 342 doesn't necessarily translate into an extremely low row in Section 345 (the extreme NW corner section). The availability in that was Row 10 (and I thought it would be lower), which is only 6 rows closer to the rail than Row 16 is in 342, yet you are now in the dead corner instead of along the sideline and quite a bit more distant to the center of the field.

To each his own, but for me, the extra 6 rows was worth the price to pay to get into 342 as opposed to the corner. I would have opted for the corner, mind you, if the row was lower. Not saying I am "right" or whatever, just letting you guys behind me know what is going on and you can either choose to utilize some of my thoughts or discard them completely.

I do know that I have been sitting on the 5YL for 24 years now, in a pretty low row, and many times, especially when the ball is at the other end of the field, I wished that I could trade off my low row for something closer to the middle but higher... just my preference. I bring binoculars to every game just so I can get an idea of what the hell is going on down there. I actually have to report to some of the guys around me, "It was Jones, and I think he's in, but it's close." Everyone is looking at the big screen by now and waiting for the replay.

Of course, if you're in the corner and you're lucky enough to have the Wesley Walker Monday Night Miracle catch right in front of you at the 5YL as I did that night, then that is a memory that I'll remember forever, and nobody in the higher rows at the 50 got a better look at it than I did.

Good luck to everyone going after us and hope all this will help you choose your own seats.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

those $95 seats that start section 346 of that corner you are talking about, only have 21 rows compared to the sideline that has 26 rows. also the end zone seats start at row 5 b/c there is no prime.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

your eyes are just going bad old man :)

j/k that is actually great information and i am sure a help to anyone still waiting on selecting seats simply looking at the range the last row at 50 is compared to the first in the sections further away.

4. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

I know what you mean about the trade-off of field position for row height. That's what made the choice difficult for me. I tossed it back and forth and went for the lower row. I don't know if I made the right choice or not, but I'll have to live with my decision. As someone who has spent 25 years in the end zone, when I see a live game looking from mid-field it looks strange to me. I sometimes lose perspective. Anyway, good luck to everyone making their choices right now.

:)Remember, this is YOUR stadium. Yeah, right.:)

5. 17a_tailgater

hey just got a email and they are offering me 2009 Jets season tickets. my time on the waitlist since jan 1999 is up again

6. Section 227. Row 5

Oh good.

Now you can start this whole gut-wrenching process all over again.

7. Section 227. Row 5

I think your choice was fine, Jetsetter. As we've said, to each his own. You're in a lower row than me and won't have to deal with 90 people standing up in front of you. I don't think any of us will really know until we sit in them a couple of times, and that's 15 months away.

8. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

A friend of mine was just offered seats for 2009. He deferred last year. He got section 310, row 8.

They are still working on this season. Must have been alot of folks who gave up.

9. Section 227. Row 5

I find it quite curious that people are bailing on decent seats like Row 8 in the Uppers for 2009. Are people so fed up with this entire thing that they're just saying, "Screw it, not only am I not signing up for anything in 2010, I'm bailing on 2009 too. Take your last year tickets and shove them if you're not giving me any decent options going forward."

10. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

The wait list moved by over 1700 places...so that 4000-5000 seats that were given up on.

11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I may wind up deferring again this year, as I was offered seats for 2009 off of the waitlist. Some stuff has come up and I just don't have the money for it. Kinda sucks, but I did buy a ticket off of my friend so at least I'll be at the stadium, just not in MY seats.

12. 17a_tailgater

didi you call and ask if you can?

13. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Yes, the guy told me it wasn't a problem, but he was trying to get me to not defer because if I got season tickets now, I would be guaranteed a shot at getting a seat in the new stadium. When I told him I would probably only have a choice of the $30k PSL's, which I can't afford anyway, he pretty much shut up.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

They could be people like me, I had two extra seats I hung onto for as long as I could but got rid of them for this season. I realized I wasn't going to be able to keep them past this year anyway, so I decided not to take another bath on the pre-season, etc, since all I do is re-sell them.

The year after my wife landed tickets from someone else, my name came up on the waiting list after ten years, so I hung onto them not knowing how the whole stadium deal was going to shake out. Now we know and I probably won't even be able to keep the two we use, so why keep them all for 2009? I can't imagine I'm the only one in this boat.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Interesting, Seafood. And this is exactly what is going on. In some cases (perhaps many cases), people have been holding onto seasons and paying the freight in part because they thought it might get them in the door.

To some extent, I think we all have done that for the past 3 years. There was no way I was going to give up on my tix when they started talking about the WSS, for example, because I had dreams of sitting in my same Mezz seat in this beautiful Jets stadium in Manhatten... I mean... how cool is that? Then the new stadium in the Meadowlands... well, okay, I'll still have great seats, right?

But now, with the fuck job in full swing, people are going, "Yeah, right. I'm going to take it up the keyster one more year and lay out all this money with the parking and the preseason bullshit and do all this knowing you're going to fuck me anyway? No way!"

I don't blame a lot of people for bailing. I would have also if I knew I was only going to get shafted come January. I'm sorry for the language, but this whole thing really sucks big time.

16. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I'm now thinking I'll grab two seats in my own name for this season. Maybe it will be my farewell tour, then I can check off "was a Jets season ticket holder" off my bucket list (note to self - make a more ambitious bucket list...).

But seriously, I know this may wind up being a waste of money, but now I'll have 3 seats in my name. Going to flip a coin and decide the next day or two.

I also briefly spoke with someone from the Jets today and I honestly think the poor gentleman was clueless. I said something like "I guess buying seats now would give me better priority for 2010 selection" and he was like "what? it would mean you're a season ticket holder and guaranteed a spot in the new stadium."

I played nice and said something like "yeah, but after they exhaust the current ticket holders....um....I mean....IF they exhaust the current ticket holders, they'll go into the waiting list."

He said he guessed so, and it actually sounded like he wasn't aware that, for instance, the Giants had to go through their entire waiting list before selling out their non-premium (whatever that means) seats. And they're the Giants.

But yeah, I think I may get two new seats in my name and, for instance, take my parents to a game, take my brother to a game, take a couple friends to games, and generally enjoy the flexibility two extra tickets would provide, realizing that I may wind up eating a couple games since I simply don't have as many fun friends as I used to :)

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You are presuming that the diagram is accurate, and if it is, then its to each your own like you said. Last year, i would say 70% Td' were scored in my end zone and all of the 6TD's against the Rams. The play in the middle of the field in not that exciting and you are not close enough to get pumped when he have an offense pined inside the 5. DEFFENSE DEFESNE!!!! Two side to every story. I love the way you broke it down and planned, awesome but for me, red zones are where the action is. I am at the back of the end one, row 10 and wish I was at the 10 yd line, but I choose this over row 22 . To high in the new place

18. Section 227. Row 5

The south side of Section 342 is about the 25YL. I know Row 16 is higher than Row 10, but from the 25, we should get a pretty good look at any of the action in the north end Red Zone. That's what I'm saying... that there are still seats for people along the Sidelines if people prefer, albeit they're a little higher than your seats.

Everybody has to do their own homework on this... study the seating chart and really take a good look at the WebCam. They should start by figuring out which side of the stadium they want to park on, because unlike the current stadium, you're not going to get from one side of that place to the other withoug dealing with a lot of pedestrian traffic.

But it's posts like these (and yours have been very helpful) that will help other guys, especially the most recent ones. A week or two from now, the choices I was given on Tuesday will be irrelevent and the new guys should take over and tell everyone what they were offered. That's what will ultimately help guys the most... recent, day or two-old information, to help them get a plan together.

19. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I've missed a few pages lately. Does champ have anything to say about the fact that people with post-1984 seniority have been getting uppers?

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont think he has made an appearance in the last few days.