17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Crunch time for me. I've been doing my homework all along, but today I've got to fine tune my preferences.

Besides 17a's wonderful pics in this terrific thread that he started, two posts in particular stand out as extremely helpful to me, that being:

1) 314's post #1245 (6/2/09), a repost of 17a's, which shows all the parking lots in relation to the new and old stadium. This is important because non-PSLers need to see where their parking is as oriented to their seat selection or "side." Supposedly, the only non-PSL parking south of the new stadium are lots 13 and 18. This is important to me because I live south of the Meadowlands. My seat selection will probably be on the W or SW side.

2) JetsAndRushFan's post #1455 (6/6/09) is a construction photo taken from the air (facing north) and clearly shows the orientation of the new stadium, again, in relation to the parking lots and the old stadium. Depending upon what artery you most want to get on to get out of there, both of these visual aids are extremely important. I need to be on Rte 3 East after the game... heading toward the TPKE to go south, so I want to be able to leave my seat and get to my Tahoe and got out of there in short order.

General questions for anyone wishing to help me out here:

A) How many total rows are in the Upper Deck?

B) Where are the tunnels in the UD (which sections?) and what row number would be the one that's directly above the tunnels? I'd like to have as few people in front of me as possible, and this would be like a "front row," although I do realize it is higher. Stadium diagrams I'm looking at do not show the location of the tunnels.

C) To the south and/or SW of the new stadium, are parking lots 13/17 and lot 18 the only non-PSL designated parking areas? What about 15 or 16? Again, trying to make my seat selection in relation to the W or SW (visitor's) side.

Thanks in advance for any advice and/or help.

2. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

If memory serves, I was told there are 26 rows in the upper deck.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Thanks notajdue, I am studying the Construction Webcam right now. Looks like a total of 26 alright, at the 50YL. Slightly less as you move out. They don't tell you which views are N/S/E/W, but if you study it long enough, you can figure it out.

I already answered my own question about the number of tunnels and locations. You can see them all on the Webcam.

4. no psls

no psls Banned

Why rush home ? Just tailgate for about 1 hour after the game and the traffic lightens up. Been doing it for years .

5. Section 227. Row 5

Non-PSL Parking On South Side

Does anyone know exactly which parking lots on the south side of the stadium will be Non-PSL parking?

It has been said that 13/17 and 18 are (these are SW). What about 15 or 16 due south? TIA for any timely replies.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

id call it more west side and far far away.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, the official answer to my question is, there is no official answer. I just got off the phone with the ticket office and the only non-PSL lots that they are sure of right now are two lots: Lot Y, which is East of the Racetrack (NE of the stadium) and one hell of a trek to get to, and the new IZOD parking deck, which is due south of the new stadium (and SW of IZOD, seen in Jets&RushFan's aerial photo, post #1455).

The IZOD Parking Deck to the South is easily less that half the distance to the new stadium than Lot Y is to the NE of the stadium. But here's the thing, "there will be more lots available for the non-PSLs, but we don't know where they'll be yet. Next spring, when all the seats are sold, we will figure out where the designated parking areas will be and you'll be getting a call to help you determine which lot is best for you." Uh.... yeah, okay......

This could simply be (A) poor planning on their part or, (B) intentional misinformation, again designed to wreak havoc on ticketholders and help scare and intimidate them into the PSLs.

Logic tells me that if you know how many seats there are in which sections, and a detailed site plan has been submitted to the Highway Department showing the exact capacities and designated entrance and exit points for all parking areas, then you already know exactly where everyone will park. It's unconscionable that they continue to intimidate the non-PSL people by having them imagine they have to walk many, many miles. In other words, I think the fear of the parking unknown is actually worse than what the reality is going to be, just my opinion.

But for now, mum's the word if someone wants to know where the non-PSL parking will be. "Tell them the two furthest destinations and then clam up and tell them you don't know where the rest will be. Put the fear of God into the little non-PSL bastards and make them think they have to walk 3 miles to get to their car. That'll jolly well push some of them into the PSLs." Wouldn't surprise me one single bit.

8. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

On a related note - looks like I just got my offer for 2009 seats in my name from the Jets. As discussed numerous times, I've been on the waiting list for a long time but buying seats from a season ticket holder. I actually did commit to a ticket from my buddy again for 2009.

I guess getting these seats will bump me up a few spots for 2010 seniority. However, I'm hesitant to put out more money since I'm looking at possibly buying a house and will need to pay for a wedding in 2010.

I'm going to have to take a look and possibly toss a coin to see if it's worth putting out some money for tickets I don't really need to help with my options for 2010. My guess is I'd wind up selling probably about half of the games and going to the others (preseason, I assume, will be lost). Would be nice to have flexibility especially if the Jets are good and since it's the last year in the old building (and perhaps my last year going if I'm priced out for 2010), but is that worth laying out all of that cash. Hmmm.....

9. Section 227. Row 5

Well, let's see:

(1) House vs. extra tickets I don't need.

(2) Wedding vs. extra tickets I don't need.

Close call, but why not give your fiancee a call and run those options by her? By the time the phone call is done, you might not have to pay for the house OR the wedding! LOL

10. coorslightcans

marry a woman who likes football and if she likes the jets you found a keeper. otherwise sunday afternoons can be hell. ive spent 16+ years at the stadium being a season ticket holder. my wife said over the weekend i dont know if im going to enjoy you being home every sunday during football season. oh well if its her or the jets im gonna miss her.

11. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Haha. Well, when you put it that way :)

I will say that after just a very cursory look, the assumption that new ticket holders get stuck in the top of the corners of the end zones is no longer true. It appears I have pick of the litter.

Man - this economy must be REALLY bad. Last year they offered me two sets of two in the top of the corner EZ in the UD. Not so AT ALL this year....

12. coorslightcans

what year seniority and what sections are available as of today?

13. Section 227. Row 5

Just got a recorded message from "Rex":

"Hey Jets fans, this is Rex, your head coach. I just wanted to tell ya how much we're going to need your support this year and how much our team is going to accomplish. Our defense is gonna be awesome... it's gonna be just ridiculous how good our defense is gonna be. Well, anyway, just callin' to ask you for your support again this year."

The message basically said nothing substantive. In fact, when he said the defense is "gonna be ridiculous," I almost burst out laughing as I listened to the mesage because it sort of made the entire call ridiculous.

14. coorslightcans

rex gets an extra million for that tape recorded message see if he wants to help out fans pay the psl fee. yea right

15. Section 227. Row 5

This is sorta like that want ad in the newspaper that reads:

"Wanted, good woman with boat and motor. Send picture of boat and motor."

16. Section 227. Row 5

It didn't quite motivate me to reach for my checkbook, let's put it that way.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Ummm, I hope our coach does not turn out to be another dope. Our talent level and depth does not warrant such statements. I mean come on, or DL is average after Jenkins and Harris has had one good year, Pace dissapeared the 2nd half and I barely heard of Scott when I watched the Ravens. Can we just shutup and maybe piss on someone fist.

18. Section 227. Row 5

I agree. For now, the only "ridiculous" thing going on for sure with the Jets is the fucking PSLs. All else needs to be proven.

19. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Same. I got a call this morning from a rep who I have yet to call back. To be clear, this is only for 2009, and I already put out the money for a ticket from my friend. No idea how this is going to play out yet.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hehe thats a shame that they are having rex put a message together to send out to everyone. but i am not surprised. i hope woody eats shit on this stadium.

i am very interested in any information you have cornfed.