17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You got that right. No excuse for this kind of PSL and not having every optional football stadium amenity under the sun, including a retractable roof.

Not saying you need it for every game (I'd hate it for September-October games, for example), but for this kind of money, it ought to be included. They're going to regret not having done this, IMO, which leads me to believe they will add a dome at some point for an even higher PSL add-on in the future. They can do it, so don't question if this is possible. It is.

2. longsufferingjetsfan

I just checked my Jets Playbook and they had mentioned that if everyone took Upper Level the seats would be gone by 1983. Obviously, that hasn't happened and you and others still have a good chance of getting the seats you want.

3. coorslightcans

im 1993 and im wearing my life jacket and checking my life boat as we speak. the jetstantic stays afloat another day.

4. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

Just wanted to say ...

F WOODY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good, I feel better now ....

5. kenobrienis1

kenobrienis1 New Member

I could not agree with you more. I also would not give the jets any more money than I have to. I would not give them $1.00 in PSL money.

6. coorslightcans

agree no psl for me either if and when we are deemed sunk which will be soon. stub-hub for me. tickets and parking 1-2 games a year possibly even an away game. go jets screw you woody woodpecker!

7. terps56

terps56 New Member

Mezz seats over the past years have gone up more because they were excellent value and underpriced relative to other seats. Now they are $120. I dont thnk they will go to $150 while lower sideline remains at $140. I still believe $4,000 PSL mezz (adds $35 to ticket price) is great value and to me the combined $155/seat is the best value in the new stadium, better than $125/105/95 per seat upper. If seat prices go up substantially over the years and I can no longer afford the seats, I'll get out of my PSL and sell them for whatever the market bears.

8. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

This post rings very true to me. You either need to plan for Jets tickets at a cost similar to, or at least in the same ballpark as, other major life events like weddings, down payments on houses, etc.

Or, if you don't have the money handy or simply don't want to lay it out for an asset which is at least somewhat likely to depreciate, at least in the short term (the economy won't get better over night....but the Jets may win the SB, which would help), you're stuck making a terrible wealth-destroying financing deal with the Jets which will weaken your financial position for several years.

F'ing Jets.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Any of the PSL seats that are reasonalby priced are the first to be hiked along with the uppers.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The dome would have cost us even more, I am sorry, rather deal with the occasional Bronco game, love cold games, cold the better. I am pissed that the uppers did not get padded or wider seats, suprise!!!

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

As long as you can redeem your original 4k price, you are probably right. I sat there on my tour, very nice, only problem is selling PSL's if the game days price rises to $200 per game as it will in 2012 or so... and away we go.

12. coorslightcans

the retractable roof cost would be shared by 2 teams. something everyone is forgetting here dudes. the overall cost is being split by 2 teams jets and giants. all this overcharging for psls and tickets isnt right when this stadium will host 16 regular season games compared to others who host only 8.

13. Section 227. Row 5

This is an excellent, excellent point. Your $120 seat becomes $200 in short order and you are stuck but good now.

1) You can't get out from under the PSL (resell it) because no one wants to pay the increased ticket price.
    2) You can't make all the games but can't sell the tickets to those games and break even, so these are losers too and add to your overall cost per game.
    3) 15 years is a very long time to be spreading out your $35 per seat per game. Life situations change and many things can befall you. You decide this was not the best decision you've ever made and you want out, but now it's years down the road and the "asset" is depriciating, since we all know that after 20 years it can becoome worthless and a new round of PSLs will be in order.

You are stuck but good.

14. longsufferingjetsfan

As an owner of 2 lower endzone psl I disagree with your analysis. I don't see $120 seats becoming $200 in short order. Since that is the lowest price of all the psl, even lower than the $125 prime uppers, you would have to say that all of the tickets in the stadium, psl and uppers would be going to $200. So are you saying that no one will be going to football games at that price? Pretty hard to believe for the most successful sport in the country. On the other hand, if the stadium will continue to be sold out for at least $200 for every seat you would have to believe that people would be willing to pay for a psl to get better seat locations.

15. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I understand what you're saying about the most successful sport in the country, and YES, people will pay higher prices. But what happens, and I saw it happen with myself, is the slow climb in prices. When my mezzanine seats went from $55 to $60, it wasn't a big deal. Then the next year they went from $60 to $65, not a big deal. Before you know it, you're paying $115 (what we're paying now)...Now after 12 years I'm saying WTF???!!!! My salary didn't go up 100%...and this team DEFINITELY doesn't warrant 100% markup. So although the $120 ticket will be a slow bleed, before you know it, you'll be paying $200. Now I know that you say people will go to football games at $200 each. BUT, I don't think people will go to 10 football games at $200 each, given $400 of those tickets are preseason TRASH. So although I think you will have demand for the Home Opener, and a few games here and there, I think dumping an entire season at $200 a pop, PLUS a PSL on top will be tough. Just my opinion...And I wish nothing for the best for those who venture out into the PSL world.

16. Section 227. Row 5

So are the new End Zone Mezz seats at $120. I'm just saying, watch what happens to THOSE underpriced-relative-to-other-seats tickets in several years. Woody did it to us in the Mezz WITHOUT the PSLs, think what he can do with them in place now. Rudd28 is not bullshitting. We had 10% per year price increases for 8 years in a row. At 10% per year add-on, the ticket prices doubled in 7.5 years.

Woody hit those seats pretty hard because they were an "excellent value" and "underpriced relative to other seats." He did it before be cause he could, and he'll do it again because he can. Only this time, it'll be easier. Those new Mezz End Zones cost the same as most of the Uppers. I'd say that fits into the category of excellent value and underpriced relative to other seats.

17. Section 227. Row 5

With this statement, I think you are proving my point as to the vulnerabilty of these new PSL EZ Mezz seats. Lowest price of all PSL seats, lower even than some of the PSL-free Uppers.

Also, you're wrong in thinking that price increases have to be the same across the board: "...you would have to say that all of the tickets in the stadium, psl and uppers would be going to $200." No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying the PSL EZ Mezz seats will be hiked disproportionately compared to the rest of the stadium, again, as was done in the past 8 years to us current Mezz people.

Now, of course, 314 has a good point concerning the possibility of the Uppers being hit as well. Is it likely that Woody will look at these and say, "Hmmm... cheap seats... yeah... hit them with 10% too?" Sure, it's possible, but I'm saying the likelyhood that he picks on the cheap EZ Mezz and hits them even harder is almost a given, seeing as how the Mezz can't walk and the Uppers can.

The old expression, "Whatever the traffic will bear" is oh-so-true. In this case, the traffic will bear only so much in the Uppers before people will say, "Ok, you know what? Screw this, I'm outta here." The same can't be said for the Mezz PSL EZs, because those people will say, "Christ, I'm really screwed here. I've got no choice to but to keep paying. I can't walk even if I wanted to and neither can anybody else in my section. Hey honey... where's the check book?"

18. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

this is what i talked about with my rep and he kept using "excellent value". i felt like i was playing 3 card monty on Canal St but with a contract i would have to play for 15 years or else.

i have 4 kids a 12 year old daughter in private school and a 6 year old son in public,but who knows for how long and 2 little ones in preschool costing $800 a month. and dont forget daycare.

and im suppose to trust the extra cash i have to a money hungry scoundrel who just married a woman 20 years younger than him.fuck him i will build a beautiful basement with bar and hand pick my games i go to.

i have had to drag people to games just to not waste tix.i hate this and i hate woody. Burn In Hell Woody

19. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

I totally agree. It looks like I picked first on this board, and I believe the seats I got were fair given my seniority. BUT, my seats still do increase from $80 in 2009 to $125 in 2010. An increase of 56%

Let's not forget the shitty product we have witnessed forever (it seems). The last games that really excited me were at Shea in the early 80's. These are NOT the Giants, who win super bowls. They are the jets, who always break hearts. kotite, joe must go, belechick etc etc this franchise is cursed. What a total slap in the face to the REAL jets fan in trying to force long suffering faithfuls to pay up.

17A -- is there anything more you can do? Seems like you have alot of views for this thread. And alot of support. Do something with it. If woody indeed just married a -20 yrs girl, he really is a pathetic POS. What a poor excuse for a new jets owner. He hasn't a clue, and has made the cardinal mistake of sticking it to the faithful.

#1639 backtoshea, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i am fully content with not owning season tickets today,tomorrow who knows. but i do not want them. i went to the mets game last night and sat in leather seats that where priced so high i would never have dreamed of paying it.i have a feeling this will also happen with the jets.

fuck them