17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i could see the jets saying we will give you 50 seats in the ud if you purchase 10 in the mezz just so that they can sell some of those shit psls.

2. coorslightcans

exactly and soon to be ticket buyers like me buy them for $300 a game. wheres sec314 when you want to hear his bullshit nonsense about ticket sales at the new stadium.

3. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

I got the call on May 6 and was told all front 4 rows of upper prime were gone, as were the first 16 rows of the 4 main sections of upper prime on the 50. I was similarly told that the four sections bordering the main upper prime sections were backed up to row 10 or so.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I see what's going on here. I bought 2 tickets in 1981 and then added 2 more in 1984. The jets gave me 4 me tickets with 1981 seniority for the new place. Lets say Joe schmoe's old man had 4 tickets from 1966 and over the years he has accumillated a ton of season tickets, sellling seasons and game day tickets. His turn comes up for the new place and he gets to pick 30 seats in the best UD locations and then gets a few more if he buys 10 $7500 PSL's and god knows how many of these guys or real jet fans also decide to take their 10 Lower levels and buy two dozen UD prime 50 yd line and see $$$ signs. There you have your affordable secondary market and 17a type fans can't get upper row1 -4 bewtween the 40's

#1484 sec314, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it appears as though it is all coming together a little bit clearer every day. these are things i really never thought about until we started talking about them. i am very interested in what 17a has to say.

i am getting a little scared he could be pulling our legs though. although i highly doubt that as he knows that people are sitting here thinking wtf while waiting for a call from the jets

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Regardless of what is going on with 17A, people that should have gotten 50 yd line 1-4 rows in the UD did not. Did I decribe someone in this site in my last post, did the big guy get more seats then his letting on, is he the poster boy for the 50 UD seats. Champ, fess up, tells us what you thinks going on, we don't need to know your deal, enlighten is and please use english. Thanks.

7. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

What would he have to gain by lying? On most things about the PSLs, things seem to be true. Whatever he has to say iisn't going to stop most people from getting the best possible non-PSL seat, is it?

8. coorslightcans

ticket agencies getting blocks of 50? how is this possible? unless of course they owned those seats all along with seniority is what my brother in law just told me. he also said remember years ago no one wanted to sit in the upper deck well we did and now we are gonna get bounced out man.

9. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

I believe you. But champ is on here saying he picked seats on May 12th and got 6 front row upper primes. Granted he may be in section 319 (which is in the corner), but his story does not jibe with what you are saying.

I'd love to know the truth.

10. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

It's very simple ...
    The brokers who got first crack at the seats for the new stadium had no seniority whatsoever. They didn't need seniority to get their tix.
    Most big brokerage houses have deals with the professional sports teams and venues. (it's all about the $$$$$$ folks ....)
    They cut a deal with whatever team or venue it is and they get the best tickets no matter what.
    Why do you think the brokers ALWAYS have the best tickets to any event you want to attend ??
    How do brokers get the best seats so fast ??

Example:
    Have you ever called a broker for tickets to a concert that you really wanted to go to and the tickets were not supposed to go on sale for a few days from when you called ?
    and magically, this broker tells you that he has seats available already and he even has actual seat locations (Row#'s, Seat #'s) and which date do you want, etc ....
    Now how is this possible if the tix weren't supposed to be on sale yet ????
    Hmmmmmmmmm ........

I just didn't think that the Jets were going to do that since it was a full house of long-time season ticket holders that they are dealing with. BUT I forgot that all of the big brokers ALWAYS have their hand in anything that involves the big $$$$.
    So before the first STH of the Jets even picked seats in the new stadium, most of the upper primes were already given out to these brokers (for a LARGE fee I'm sure ....)
    and don't forget that the Jets also put aside many of the best seats (psl & non-psl) for friends, family, etc as well ....

Thanks Woody, this whole new stadium experience is going to get you exactly what you want. A mass exodus of all your long time 'Real' fans AND a whole new fan base that doesn't give a crap about the Jets or winning/losing, BUT will line your pockets with even more cash. Hooray for Woody !!!!!!!!

Now pass the Chardonnay mother-fucker !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and make sure the Kobe beef is aged properly
    and that the sushi is fresh, you prick !!!!!!!!!!!!!

F WOODY F WOODY F WOODY F WOODY F WOODY F WOODY !!!!!!!!

11. jetbo

jetbo Member

Keep in Mind that the first Row after the Upper Primes in Sections 312 and 315 is actually ROW 8, as Rows 1-4 are Upper Prime, then a wall, then Row 5 is a Handicap Deck with Folding Chairs, then a Wall.

I don't believe there is a Row 6 or 7, so the first Row would be Row 8, with the $105.00 Per Seat Price.

12. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

It's been well documented on this board that champ insists he got FRONT ROW upper deck. He says "the ones that Giants fans pay $5K for". He says he picked on May 12th and got 6 FRONT ROW upper primes. There is no mistaking what he said. I'm sure you can find many quotes of his affirming this.

13. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Again, I believe you. But champ insists he picked May 12th and got 6 FRONT ROW upper deck primes. I believe he is in section 319, if he is telling the truth.

I believe what you are saying, and unfortunately, someone is not being honest as your info and champs cannot possibly BOTH be accurate.

14. coorslightcans

guys heres the deal my brother in law and i have 1993 seniority 16 years of being loyal season ticket holders never missed a game except pre-season. we know we are going to be knocked out. i said it yesterday i feel like im on the jetstantic and we are sinking fast.

the information you guys are providing is priceless to us. we call the ticket office and are rudely told it isnt your turn yet. our turn may never come. for those who have and will get upper deck psl free seats enjoy them man! only thing i see is those that are used to sitting in the lower level seats will not enjoy the view from upstairs (many say higher than old stadium)

im prepared to buy tickets from stub hub or some scab agency i will have no other choice. so no matter where you get seats remember at least you had a choice. years ago no one wanted the upper deck seats now they are a hot commodity. i see fans brotherhood fighting over this situation and thats sad. woody johnson has torn us apart and ruined what many of us have paid for year after year. now some of us sadly wont have a choice or get that envelope in the mail in july that i know my brother in law waited for like a kid on christmas morning waiting to open up presents.

section 339 row 26 enjoy the game without us.:sad:

#1494 coorslightcans, Jun 7, 2009
  15. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Champ says he got the call on May 12th. So the question is: Is champ a liar?

16. jetbo

jetbo Member

Jets PSL Crap

Don't worry CLC, As a lifelong J-E-T-S fan I can tell you that there will always be reasonably priced Jets tickets available.
    As long as we are in the same building as Big Blue and don't establish a history as a winning franchise, we will always be looked upon and treated as 2nd class citizens, with ticket prices to match!!!!!!

17. jetstix

jetstix New Member

Just a suggestion backtoshea if you think Champ is not telling the truth why not go back to the date he claimed he got his seats & see what he posted on 05/12?

18. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Well these are champs posts from May 12th. And his story hasn't changed since. Now factor in this post and someone is not being honest:

#1498 backtoshea, Jun 7, 2009
  19. jetbo

jetbo Member

JETS PSL Crap

Something smells rotten in Denmark, or at least in the Meadowlands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I have tickets in the UD since 1980 in Shea. In 2004 I sold two of my four uppers and bought 2 seats in the lower deck that were condsidered great seats - under the overhang, near the 35 yard line. I couldn't wait to get back upstairs. I felt too close to the field to see the plays, hated the lack of pitch to the seats and my view being blocked by the people in front of me and could not stand the people standing up every 3rd down or every time the Jets broke open a big play on offense. My son, who was 10 at the time, had to stand on his seat to see anything.

Some people in the know actually realize that higher is better to veiw football. Of course there is a limit to that and I am not happy about being 30-40 rows higher in the new stadium, but then again, I had no choice, which is what really sucks.

I know it is all relative. It sucks for you that you might not get in the stadium, but it also sucks for me that, after 30 years in row 5 of the upper deck, I am now in row 19 in the new upper deck and need to find my old binoculars from Shea to be able to tell #95 from #96 and so on.

We'll try it for one year in 2010 and see what the whole new stadium experience is like.