17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. coorslightcans

the meadowlands saw an opportunity to reel in another investor and xanadu happened. its the most ridiculous form of entertainment known to man. who the hell wants to ski down an indoor ramp when real skiing is available less than an hour away. did anyone notice cabelas has suspended its building of their new facility near the meadowlands. that sucks man cabelas is great.

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The ski slope is for people who want to ski in the offseason - spring through fall. I'm not saying it is a good idea, but its not a substitute for real skiing in ski season. No real skier would want to ski down this little indoor slope anyway. In Dubai it's a novelty. In East Rutherford it's a huge space eating mistake.

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

I am completely baffled by your story and your decision. I thought you were happy with your low row end zone PSL seats? I am dying to hear what drove you from apparent joy to disgust. It's not like you got relegated to the low oxygen seats like me after 30 years in the lower rows of the upper deck. Come on - tell us. They can't keep your money if you didn't sign the deal.

4. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

The green thing at the base of the ski slope is an indoor parking garage.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree with it being at least a novelty in dubai, after all it does avg. like 110 degrees there and there isnt a ski area within 3000 miles.

that could almost possibly make sense in la or phoenix or dallas. but NO here it is in northern jersey.

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

What I am hearing by bouncing around other Jet sites is that the Jets gave ticket brokers the ability to buy blocks of 50 or so seats in the UD, which is why the UD prime went so fast. This makes sense because when I asked my rep about the people who had more seniority than me and how many tickets each STH was buying, he said that the average account was 4 seats but some were as large as 50 seats. So, just as with concert tickets, the ticket brokers got priority and the fans got screwed.

Isn't it time New Jersey just outlawed ticket scalping? I just don't know why this practice is legal. It should be illegal to sell a ticket for anything more than 5-10% above face value. That would end this whole ticket scalping business and let people back into sporting events and concerts at reasonable prices. No ticket broker is going to stay in business selling a $100 seat for $110? Scalping is a crazy process and it screws the consumer. Why is it legal? Who benefits besides the commercial ticket brokers? I have never sold a ticket for more than face value in my life. I would not be surprised if ticket brokers are playing a big part in the lack of good seats in the UD. Think about it. A ticket broker doesn't want to buy a PSL and doesn't want to have to sell $400 tickets. But $105 tickets in the first few rows of the UD? That is a ticket broker's dream.

If that is what is going on, I will be quite pissed. If 50 ticket brokers were given 50 seats each in the upper primes, that is 2500 tickets.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

I just figured this out. I hope I am wrong. There are 26 sideline section with uppper prime seating in the low rows. If the average upper prime section has 5 rows with 26 seats, that is 3400 seats. If ticket brokers were given first choice, that is why most of these were gone by the time STH picked seats (except Champ, who is a mini-broker himself). Does anybody know any STH that got good UD prime seats.

8. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

WOW I am dying to hear 17a's "news"

Come join us in the "what TV to buy" section.

I can hardly believe that any broker would have more seniority than a regular season ticket holder. Well at least I know they'll be seats available ;)

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Hopefully, someone with some power forces an investigation into this bullshit and requires the Jets management to publicize these broker ticket sales.

Isn't Springsteen pissed at the brokers as well?

10. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

That is so fucking SHADY.

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's some bs. Jets fans demand answers!

12. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

If that's the case hopefully someone contacts the attorney general Anne Milgrim she and the legislature are already fuming about the Springteen debacle.

13. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

You know, actually, what can the team do? They set the rules, and the brokers follow it. So what if you are a broker dude that collected 50 seats way back in the day and had them all this time? Well, from the team's point of view, its just another account, so they are entitled to the number of seats they had previously.

However, if the ticket brokers just GET them anyways? Meaning they just hop the line or it had nothing to do with seniority, that is down right shameful. SHAMEFUL.

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Here's the deal with the brokers though. Let's say a broker had two tickets before 1977. Then they add two here and two there - not all the seats are in good locations. Most of them could be end zone upper deck. The Jets use the first pair to set seniority and then let the broker aggregate all 50 seats in one or more prime locations. That is what sucks about this IF it is true.

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

How would they be able to just "add two here and two there"? It's not like any of the rest of us had the option of adding seats to our accounts ahead of the wait list. That happened with the move to Jersey in '84 when we were giving the option of adding two seats. At least I was given that option.

I'm sure many others were given it too - I just don't know if everyone had the option of adding 2 seats. Maybe the option was to increase by 50%, i.e, 8 seats on an account can increase to 12, etc. This is how I want from 4 to 6.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its gonna be a great place to see a game and it sounds like they are fixing the roads and the rail system will be great for LI and NYC. The lower level is where the yuppies in there sweaters are gonna be.

#1476 sec314, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Xandu is never going to open. Its been a mess from the beginning and its ugly as hell. A total NJ embarassment.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

What the F is going on here? Why are brokers getting tickets? Have they had accounts for a long time and are part of the 77 crowd or is this some BS where they went before us. SOB, that would change my mind about everything I said about Woody. Who are we going to e-mail in the media to confront the jets. Lets decide on someone and draft an e-mail and we can all send the same one. Please what other sites, could you clarify??

19. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

Hey 314...remember at the Bills game this year there was that totally obnoxious Bills fan geting into arguments with the whole section? I think the highlight of the season in the stands was when Losman blew the game and that asshole got booed out of the stadium. If you were row night, he must have been a few rows behind you.

20. coorslightcans

the brokers getting tickets i love it. longtime fans picking and choosing seats but brokers getting entire sections. i love it. stub hub sell me my tickets baby!