17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

YES, I remember that one. Bruce Harper, I think, fumbled the opening kickoff right in front of my endzone and Buffalo scored a TD in the first 7 seconds of the game !!!!!! (typical Jets)
    and Yes, they were down like 28-3 or something and rallied back to actually be driving for the winning TD (towards the open end of Shea).
    I remember the play because my viewing angle was directly behind Todd and I saw what he saw.
    What he saw was a wide open Derrick Gaffney in the middle of the endzone.
    What he didn't see was a safety between himself & Gaffney and he short-armed the ball and the safety jumped up and plucked the ball out of the air ..... season over.
    BUT you were right, even though we lost, the crowd was incredible that day and it was a really great game !!!!!!!

and I don't know why I remember this but the play was called "Waggle 81" ..... and I saw Gaffney break open from my angle of the play and my whole section stood up because we thought it would be a TD pass for sure .... (ah, the life of a Jet fan ....)

#1441 F WOODY, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

"Jets Eagles Rams"

My brother and I still say "Jets Eagles Rams" to each other which was our mantra for that Toon game. Those were the teams that needed to win to KO the Giants out of the playoffs - and they did! I've mellowed since then - I don't hate the Giants anymore, BUT I did that day in '88 so it was great. Toon's TD was in the right corner...

Speaking of the Dennis Byrd play, my EZ seats afforded a perfect view of that hit, and if any of you also recall, our concerns where initially for Scott Mersereau who took Byrd's helmet to the solar plexis like a torpedo. His arms flew back. DeBurgh had stepped up as both Jets players were coming from either side. Both players were down, but it looked as if Mersereau had it worse.

To drag it back on topic before I get yelled at, I wonder if the PSL fans will hold these same memories years later as we do now.

3. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

I only started going to games post 98, so I don't have nearly the number under my belt as you guys. However, I think my favorite out of any was the week 17 game against the Packers in 2002. As you recall, it was a 4pm game and we needed the Patriots to beat Miami at 1 for the game to even matter. I remember the Pats were down 8 points, and it was getting close to the time to go into the stadium. I refused to go, because it was pointless to go unless the Pats won. I was sitting in the bed of my truck in an almost empty lot by the race track when the Pats scored. I basically stood up and went beserk, and there were people huddle around cars and radios all over the place cheering. Finally my buddy and I started walking into the stadium, and we stopped at every car trying to hear anything abut the game. We went through the gate and up the escalator, and the stadium just EXPLODED. I said to my buddy "Oh my god, that HAS to mean the PAts won!" We ran off the escalator and to the deck entrance and saw the crowd going beserk, and they had the Vinnitieri kick in the other game on the big screen. I remember seeing Chad just pumping his fist on the side line and going completely ballistic. haha....I saw a Green Bay guy and I said "you guys are efffing TOAST you cant beat that team now". hha. The game wasn't close I think 42-17, but I don't think a single person in the stadium stood down or stopped cheering. It was by far the most electric I ever saw.

That was my favorite.

4. coorslightcans

that was wild i was there and the place was the loudest i ever heard it. the new and improved fans wont appreciate or understand what this is all about.woody will have his wine and cheese crowd there who wont give a dam about the outcome of the game or the meaning.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

Yes, that was a great Meadowlands moment. Chrebet had a nice TD down the middle that day. The 41-0 humiliation of the Colts wasn't bad either. We thought we were about to enter a golden era. How many times has that been the case? Something always goes wrong. The tarp, Brigitte, a clavicle here, an achillies there, throw in a Patella tendon and a broken hand. Funny - you all know what body part and player these relate to.

These memories make you wonder which games Woody attended and had has fond recollection of (before he bought the team of course) and what memories he'd add to this thread.

Hey, in the anonymous world of the internet, Woody could be...

13A

6. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

Two PSLs Fans 20 years from now talking about their memories:

Biff Carrington: "I say, good chap, remember the football contest we attended at Woodrow's new palace back in 2115?"

Kensington Rothchild: "Oh Yes, my good man, I remember. It was delightful. A wonderful time was had by all."

Remington Vanderbilt IV: "Oh Yes, it was absolutely splendid. Remember when Muffy spilled a spot of her tea on your trousers ?? Oh the laughter that followed will be remembered for ages ..."

Muffy Winston: "You guys are soooo funny .... What a hoot that day was. Remember seeing all of the common folk going towards the upper deck? I guess they have to sit them somewhere, Ha-Ha-Ha ....Oh, and the lobster salad in our suite was to die for. Remember, Biff, when you had an extra spoonful of the cucumber salad and Mumsey gave you a scolding ?? Ohhhh the meomories of that day will live on forever ......

7. LogeSection2RowJ

HAHA, yes and I bet "Muffy" secretly left the group at halftime and took a shot "performing" over at the "Sprint PCS" gate - or whatever stupid corporation sponsors it.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I remember the last game of the season, Jets vs. Pack game at shea where the jets needed to win to make the playoffs and we sacked Lynn Dickey 9 times ( sack exchange) and it was 14 degrees that day. Was that the same weekend the Giants needed us to win and beat Dallas to get in? Did that place rock back then. If we had a QB back then, it would have been our hey day.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i remember that saints game too well. i remember on the way down there not stopping to get beer sayin oh we can get it when we get to jersey.... needless to say after about 2 hours of driving around jersey and getting lost we gave up and said screw it we will get beer at the stadium there isnt enough time to tailgate now anyways.

then we arrived and found out that thanks to the douchebag giants fans snowball fights with the san diego chargers the week before that there would be no beer.... so there we sat on christmas eve day, freezing, no beer watching a horrible horrible horrible football game.

it was me my buddy, you and about 5k of our closest friends that day in jets history.

10. jetbo

jetbo Member

I was at that game too. Open end, Portable Lowers. Great Game, great memory!!!!!

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

My favorite game was the playoff game against Jax. Cold as all hell in the stadium, still had the turf and I just remember Brunell getting the shit kicked out of him all day and him hitting that turf HARD and the place was wild.

12. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

There's only one thing to do...go out and buy a new sports car with all of the money you will save.

13. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

1999 week 1. That was my first "buy season tickets" from somebody year, which I will never do again. haha. I was livng in Binghamton, and my college buddies were in Queens, so I was going to meet them at the game. I was driving down route 17 in the middle of nowhere in my peice of crap college car, and my car broke down right there in the mountains. That was pre-cell days. I tried to fix it, but I couldn't turn it over, and nobody would pull over to help. AFter about, oh, an hour I walked to the next exit, got help, and came back. It was already game time and I heard Vinny go down. I started yelling F-BOMBS and pounding the hood of my car. The driver of the tow truck goes "Dude, don't get so worked up, we will get this running today!". I was like "I DONT CARE ABOUT THE CAR, WE JUST LOST OUR STARTER!!!".

So thats my Vinny achilles story. hahaha

14. coorslightcans

ahhh man that memory of vinny going down and the stunned stadiums reaction. will never be forgotten.

15. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Failed concept, where is the parking, big friggin mess if you ask me

[​IMG]

16. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

Holy shit, I neveer go over to the Continental airline side, whend did THAT mess go up? What the hell is all that?

17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It's called Xanadu. A new sports, entertainment and amusement park. The big ramp looking thing is an Indoor ski slope. Something like the biggest indoor ski slope in the world along with one in Dubai. Same company built both I believe. Started going up about a year or 2 ago.

18. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

Why do we need indoor ski slopes in an area with ski mountains? I mean, the Catskills are under an hour away?

Ha, actually, I bet they get some drunk Jets fans there after a bad loss. "I know, lets go SKIING".

I heard they are blowing up Continental Airlines arena however, which loots like a convenient spot for parking. Then of course Giants stadium is going down as well...it might not be awful. I'm really curious to see when they get the rail line done how many people take the train from the city and the Island and skip tailgaiting altogether. Sounds ideal for many...you dont have to worry about a DUI.

19. coorslightcans

the rail line would have been great for the current fan base. the new and improved psl fans wont use the service and miss a chance to show off the new beamer or the audi and serve quiche out of a longerberger basket in the trunk not a chance.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

imagine being the poor bastard who decides to go skiing on a sunday in december but is too lazy to drive to the mountains..... followed by 4 hours of sitting in traffic, hey guess what dummy you shoulda went to the mountain!

i really dont understand the concept of putting that there. its not like its that close to the city where it would be a thing for inner city kids to be able to do without leaving the city. however thats as much travel as you would have to a resort.

i was going to say whats the point of continental airlines arena... guess they will tear it down.

does anyone know how many parking spots there will be?