17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

Champagne Handjob Room ???? ..... I wasn't offered that by my sales rep ...
    oh well, at least that explains the $700 ticket price.

and since you get to pick your actual seat, do you get to pick the actual broad that provides this great new service ???

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you would think for 700 it would be a little bit better than a handjob

3. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

of course Woody would charge $700 for that ..... remember, he has no concept of what things cost in the real world for the common man .....

4. alleycat9

very very true!

5. jetbo

jetbo Member

Woody's New Stadium Crap

I picked my seats today, June 4. Not Happy.
    I wanted to, but I could not pull the trigger on the PSL's. After 27 years in SECT 312 in Giants Stadium, I took seats in SECT 317, ROW 17, and Some in the UPPER EZ 302, ROW 13.

I wanted to stay on the home sunny side.

I was told there are NO UPPER PRIMES 1st 4 rows, except one 3 pack.

There are still Decent EZ Uppers, but on the sideline uppers if you move towards the 50 it is the last rows, and as you flare away, you can get rows 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, etc, the farther towards the EZ you go.

Still a LOT of EZ MEZZ PSL's, and I'm sure all the CLUB seats you could want.

VERY PISSED, but I'll try it for at least 1 season before I maybe FLUSH THE WOOD!!!!!!!!!

6. coorslightcans

jetbo clarify something for me if you will. you had to select seats in 2 different locations? how many seats do you have? my brother in law and i have 4 seats together in a row. it seems the picking is getting slimmer as the days go on. dammit woody dammit.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If he charged 2.5k psl for upper deck everyone one of us would have paid it and not complained and the stadium is not mostly blue collar, its white collar its not just old like the Giant fans.

#1367 sec314, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

There will no problem getting tickets on stub hub for a great price. My point is just like the Yanks, the Jets will not be able to sell the 400 and 700 seats, the seats on stub hub will the the UD and end zone stuff. You can get Yankee tickets for $25 on stub hub, problem will be for the Jets is the blackout deal

#1368 sec314, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Lets a call it what it is. The giants fans have put a depoist on their 10K PSL's, never seen the stadium nor do they know their seat location. No tours at all, nothing!!!

#1369 sec314, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

As of now, you can get 4 seats together

11. coorslightcans

everyone one?

dude no frikken way you are way off base and out of line here.if he charged
    2k for upper deck psl the place would be a ghost town.

stub hub will sell whats available and i predict many prime seats for decent prices. former season ticket holders like myself will pay the price for 1-2 games and thoroughly enjoy the lower level leather seats!

4 seats together where in the last row?

#1371 coorslightcans, Jun 4, 2009
  12. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I think that some percentage of folks....not sure how much....would have said no to $2k PSLs for upper deck seats. Maybe 25%?

There are a lot of people who would get all moralistic about it saying they were simply opposed to the concept of paying seat licenses. I know a few in my tailgate group who feel that way.

I do think that most people would pay, but do think that there would be some attrition.

The funny/sad part is that a lot of people who couldn't really afford an extra $2k would freaking finance it, just like people who can't afford the $5k PSL seats are probably financing them. Essentially, it's people with poor saving habits and weak financial positions getting weaker with yet another bad financial decision.

To each, his own, of course. And if you're going to weaken your financial position, may as well do so by financing PSLs since, well, GO JETS!

13. coorslightcans

heres a thought say you pay the $15k per seat psl and you have 4 seats. the nyjets have $60k of your money plus you then need to buy the season package. id much rather have that $60k in my pocket and buy games off stub-hub. think about that. fan or no fan the economy sucks.

14. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

What sections ??

15. alleycat9

hehe, he isnt going to tell you what section. its champ... he either doesnt want anyone to bother his ticket users or maybe he isnt even a season ticket holder afterall :)

16. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

Buy A Psl And Get A Free Gift From The Jets !!!!!

Here's a fun fact ...... If you purchase a PSL from the Jets, Woody will send you a free jar of Vasoline and a Woody Booblehead ...

If you but a $10K PSL, Woody will personally autograph that jar for you and come by the house to show you how to properly use your free gift ...

and if you purchase a 25K PSL, you get all of the above PLUS Woody will come over and give you the 'Rikers Cell Block D Treatment' ....

So step right up, drop your soap, grab your ankles, and let Woody have his way with your wallet !!!!!

17. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

I want to clarify my post because I see it gives the impression that champ got better seats then me, though he picked a week later. I insisted on being seated in between the 40 yard lines (as my current seats are) and in the first 4 rows. When they called me, there were NO seats left in between the 40's and in the first 4 rows on the sunny side. But I was offered seats on the shady side, and I took them.

For all we know, champ is sitting in section 307, 308, 319 or 320 in the first row. good for him. He won't say. I guarantee he isn't in between the 10 yard lines based on what I was told.

#1377 backtoshea, Jun 4, 2009
  18. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he's just making it all up too.

19. Jet140zone

Jet140zone New Member

What a thread. I can't believe this has carried on for 70 pages. At least I have confirmation that I am not alone in the way I feel about the shift to the new stadium. My season tickets date from 1981, and at that time I was thrilled to finally have them in my posession. All it took was a phone call and convincing 3 other people to commit to $88.00 a season. We sat in the last row of the Loge Mezzanine Section 4 and loved every minute of it. Fans were great, Shea had passion! Alot of it! The Meadowlands was an unwelcome change for me then, even though I have always resided in New Jersey. I never minded driving over to Shea. It was part of the adventure. Even though I didn't like the relocation then, I could never have imagined this current redistribution of a very loyal fan base now. The quest for the dollar has just about drained all the fun and passion away from professional sports. $700 dollar seats. $25k PSL's. We have lost all sence of whats important here, haven't we. Look at it this way, if you drive over a bridge to attend the game Im willing to bet that the steel in the existing Giants Stadium is in better shape that he steel on that bridge. Priorities? Were a bit lost. Anyway, I am now relocating (for at least the first year) like many of you from section 140 to section 333 row 7. Six seats in all, on the aisle. Finally geting them combined after all these years. Although the request has been on file with the Jets since 1985. I will be moving from the haves, to the have less class. Similar situation exists with the Devils in Newark. Upper deck is packed, while the lower bowl struggles to be half full. The say the people are in the clubs, etc. Why are you in the club when your at the game? Passion, yea right! Listen if your reading this I know your passionate. My thoughts are that everyone of us got the hat. You know the one I talking about. The one that proudly proclaims that you are a season ticket holder, and also states your section on the back. Everyone of us transplants should wear that hat to all the games in 2010, so without asking a single question we might have a better sence of just how this ticket allocation of the upper deck was really done. Its not a solution, as there is none, as the NFL becomes a PSL league, and everything associated with it takes on a bigger pricetag. You will live to fear a losing season you PSL investors! I guarantee that!

20. jetbo

jetbo Member

Upper Deck seats

I had a bunch of seats in various locations that I have now condensed into two, Upper Sideline, and Upper End Zone. It is still NOT YET a problem to get four seats together. You just have to pick through it to try to get what you want.

It is tougher to get seats on the Aisle, towards the 50 yard line side of the sections.

I figured I would pick 2 NON-PSL locations in the new building, and see how I like or Hate them. And if after the 1st season I am totally pissed off about my new seat locations, I can always just bail. No PSL, No Harm, No Foul!!!!!