17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. coorslightcans

And I say all this as a STH since 2001 and a fan since 1974 who will likely be shut out of the new place. Fuck it, I have HDTV and StubHub, I'll live.

im with you bro and so are many other fans in the same situation. nothing we can do about it. move on and make the best of what ever you decide to do on sunday afternoons instead of being at the stadium.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

If you've been dealing in Jet tickets for a long time, you know the street value. I've said this many times on here but it bears repeating--when it's cold and wet and we have a 3-9 Jet team, those babies will be worth about $20 if that.

I've regularly dragged people out in the cold and rain just to not eat the tickets altogether. New stadium, leather seats, champagne handjob room, whatever--a 3-9 team on a cold, rainy day is still a 3-9 team on a cold, rainy day. I have the feeling we'll be able to get into some Jet games, just a hunch. Check out a Yankee game on TV, tons of empty seats in their new "cathedral".

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

PROBLEM IS PEOPLE WHO PAY $700 A GAME FOR SEATS ARENT GONNA STAND IN the rain and cold to sell those tix. those will be given away to someone they know.

4. terps56

terps56 New Member

Although obviously no one is happy about PSL's and there is much to be pissed off about, some of the anger towards Woody is misdirected. Any Jet owner would charge PSL's. The Giants have a similar PSL and even though they've been a more successful franchise, you cant expect any Jets owner to share a stadium with the Giants and not charge similar prices/PSLs. If you do, you're not living in the real world. You can argue which PSL plan (Giants or Jets) is better, but bottom line is they're comparable. To be fair though, you must give jets credit for offering UD no PSL for certain fans which otherwise would have dropped out. Also, one other feature of the jets plan which I appreciate is that the Jets allow you to pick the specific Section, Row and Seat. If we're paying that much money, at least we can select the exact seat. I think the Giants just let you select a location, not specific Section, Row or Seat. So with the Giants you pay a PSL, but dont really know where you're sitting.

So while the whole PSL thing sucks, the truth is it was the Jets were going to a new stadium no matter what and any owner would've done the same or similar deal. At least there is UD no PSL and specific seat selection.

5. Italian Seafood

True, but the overall value of tickets in general goes down in that scenario, as they always have. Anyone who has ever walked through the game day parking lot in a bad Jet season can attest to that. Whatever they were worth at face in the spring is irrelevant by that time. A lot of people are trying to get back whatever they can, they've had people bail on them when they woke up and saw the rain or whatnot. I've been on both ends of that.

6. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

True. Champ also won't say where his seats are, while mine are very close to the 50.

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

no doubt by why do we keep saying when we are 3-9???

WE ARE WINNING THE SUPER BOWL WITHIN THE NEXT 3 YEARS

GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER

8. coorslightcans

ticket sales are based on the product on the field. the nyjets had no reason to raise ticket prices or institute psls. how long has it been 1969 a good 40 years. but each and every year the prices went up up and up. years back they shoved pre-season tickets up our asses. then parking went from $5.00 to $10.00 to $25.00. up up and up. and now the poor saps who keep telling themselves they will enjoy the upper decks which are up up and up vs the lower level seats are buying into woodys bullshit. my brother in law and i have come to realization we are done its over. woody doesnt want us anymore and we are ok with it. life goes on

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

LOL Dude wouldn't that be sweet. It sounds like you've been dealing in Jet tickets for many years as I have. Some would be surprised at how little $$ you get for Jet tix when the team and weather is shit. Lucky to recoup a fraction of face value in down times.

10. coorslightcans

let the psl tears flow if that happens. hey i paid $15k for a psl wanna buy a game ticket for $20. ha ha ha ha ha ha

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah, but the Champagne Handjob Room might pull them out on a cold, rainy day.

12. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Promotion for 2010 - Flight Crew Felatio Day. I can see it now!

13. Section 227. Row 5

Come to think of it, if it's Woody giving out the hand jobs, I'm not interested. I've already been jerked off quite enough by that son of a bitch. Flight Crew? I'm there.

14. terps56

terps56 New Member

just curious...are you suggesting that you actually believe that the ticket prices should still be $25 and parking $5?

15. Section 227. Row 5

Jesus Christ Almighty Coors. I love you like a brother, man, but there's a little key to your lower right called a Shift Key that you hit with your right pinkie that creates a fucking capital letter! And breaking it up with paragraph or two wouldn't hurt either. You can accomplish that by tapping the Enter key twice.

I appreciate the periods though. They're good.

16. Italian Seafood

I try to think that way and I'm certainly not a darksider, but the realist in me thinks it will happen again. These are the Jets, we have to have the obligatory 4-12 thrown into just about every era, regardless of who is coaching or playing.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Why shouldn't he actually believe that the ticket prices should be $25?

Woody actually believes that the ticket prices should be $750.

There's a happy medium or true market price, I'm sure. But it sure as hell is nowhere near Woody's price and is probably a lot closer to Terps'.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is apologist bs. it doesnt make it right because everyone else is doing it. the fact of the matter is that the jets organization is fucking their fanbase in the ass, and it DOESNT MATTER. they make more money off the rest of the bullshit that they can shove it to the fans. they realize that while these prices seem completely outrageous right now that people will eventually give in and spend the money. and that is the real problem.

the fact that some are already at that point or are starting to apologize for woody needing to make money and do like everyone else is playing DIRECTLY into his plan.

just like in the other thread where everyone talked about ppv games. guess what they will shove that up your ass too. the reason why they will do it is because you will accept it.

you know i can understand the guy who said if they price me out i wont root for the team anymore. i really dont blame you one single bit. its hard to put your time and energy into something when they really dont give a damn about you.

this is the problem with sports these days, it is ALL about the money. there isnt a single thing that matters other than the money anymore. and we are continuing to allow it to happen.

19. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

NYC is more than the island of Manhattan and Long Island wasn't even considered.
    Looking at the last decade of the NFL, the Giants have a much better excuse for a money grab than the Jets.
    All of us will live, but we're all getting screwed one way or another. There's no reason to justify Woody's actions.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Allah be praised. Praise be to Allah.