Jets have signed a real player.....Steinkuhler...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Run_N_gun10, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

I know DE's aren't going to pile up stats, but it would be nice to hear his name. I'm hoping he can be our Carriker. Hope he makes the team!! :up:

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Your hopes may come true.

Carriker is 6'6 302 as a two year NFL veteran.

Potter is 6'7 280 as a rookie. He can probably get up to 300 pounds without losing any athleticism.

Both guys ran in the 4.9s at the combine, but Carriker has a better first step and better short range quicks.

I don't think Potter is nearly as strong and as powerful as Carriker coming out of college, but with good coaching, Potter can become a starting 3-4 defensive end.

There's definitely some reasons why Adam Carriker was the 13th overall pick and Zach Potter went undrafted...but in my opinion, I'm still surprised Potter didn't go in the 5th or 6th round.

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

emanuel cook was well im surprised he didnt get drafted to be honest. the guy fucking lays people out. he reminds me of old school db's. he will definitely make the team on ST's alone.

maybe he develops into rotation i could see him being effective in a red zone def set.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Is Ty any relation to Dean Steinkuhler? He was a Nebraska OL. Who can forget the fumblerooski?

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm hoping E-Cook eventually takes over the safety spot that Jim Leonhard has right now.

Cook had late first, early second written all over him but his ego got incredibly too big. He stopped going to class at USC and he didn't work out as hard as he should, resulting in an extremely poor 40 time and even worse character issues.

I hope going undrafted humbled him a bit.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Yes. Dean is his father.

7. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Always a ray of sunshine!!! ;)