17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

"I have no idea how there were so many people ahead of me who filled up the first 4 rows on the sunny side so quickly, and that seemed fishy given my seniority and current seat location."

"May 4th was day 1 of Phase II. funny right.but champ got first row sunny side and he was a week and a half ago." .....

This is exactly what the problem is with this whole 'Seat Selection' process. The Jets can make up the rules as they go along. It is their prerogative of course but that still doesn't make it right.
    The Jets say they lost all account records from before 1977. That's an outright lie !!! I remember back in 1998 when the Jets had a chance (Ha-Ha) of going to the Super Bowl, I got a letter saying that since I was a STH from the 1960's, that I would have 'two' chances instead of the normal 'one' in their bogus ticket lottery for the Super Bowl. Now that I think about it, what a joke that ticket lottery probably was anyway. I'm sure the 'Real' fans had virtually no chance of getting Super Bowl tix. I'm pretty sure that the Jets organization scooped up most, if not all, of those tickets for friends, family, business partners, etc ......
    Conveniently saying that they LOST all pre-1977 records and grouping all of those STH's together in one big group just makes it easier for them to put aside as many seats in the stadium as they wanted BEFORE making even one call to existing STH's.
    This way, STH's would have no idea how many people were called before them and the Jets now have all kinds of seats in their possession for friends, relatives, special favors, etc before the actual seat selection process even started ....
    Also, I notice that each phone rep seems to have a different idea/agenda/salespitch/gameplan of what seats are available. How is it that people that got called 2 weeks AFTER me were offered seats that I asked for and were told were unavailable .... Hmmmmmm
    Something stinks in the Meadowlands, and it's not the rotting corpses out in the weeds by Lot 13 ....

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I am vintage 65. I also know exactly what U R talking about in 98 but that was still under Hess. I am the LAST person to defend Woody. Woody took over after the 99 season & that is whan the list for pre 69s went lost & all pre 69s were all lumped together with the 77s. I to tried a correction & I to was unsuccessful. I chose 05/12 which is 23 days ago & we got 6 in the front row of the UD on the sunny side & 2 also in row 1 on the shady side

BTW I had won SB tix in both the 82 & 98 lotteries for SB tix

#1322 championjets69, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

may 12th is still after may 4th isnt it?

4. 17a_tailgater

hey champ being such an early STH you probably deserved those seats. but its just the jets and there process tahts fishy

5. coorslightcans

intresting posts regarding the way the nyjets are handling the entire ticket selection process. im so glad my brother in law is handling it all because i sense alot of aggravation and remorse over whats supposed to be a joyous time. this organization has kept par for the course with its latest screwing its giving the fans.

as far as talking about the leather seats its as important as parking and tailgating so put a sock in it.

6. 17a_tailgater

WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT THE LEATHER? YOUR ASS WILL NEVER SMELL IT

7. coorslightcans

oh yes it will when we get bumped out of our seats we will purchase tickets for 1-2 games on stub-hub that will surely be in the leather section. and i dont feel comfortbale with you being concerned with my ass.

8. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

This whole process is one big lie by Woody and his cronies.
    The Jets are a team with lots of longstanding, passionate, old school type football fans. Woody wants to get rid of that and bring in a whole stadium full of 'New' fans who will spend money and fatten his pockets even more. He has every right to do that, but it is a shame for the ones that have gone through 20, 30, even 40 years of going to the games and really and truly 'Cared' about going to the games.
    The 'New' people will not care about 'The Game', they will care about being able to eat at the overpriced restaurants and lounges and telling all their friends that they went to the game and how refreshing their $23 apple martini was, and how good the spicy tuna roll was.
    I'm a Jet fan, I really am going to miss the whole 'Game Day' experience. It has already changed. People I know that have had seats for 40 years are finally fed up and not even going in 2009. My tailgate, guys I've known forever, will never be the same. By 2010 my tailgate crew will be down from about 30-40 people to probably a handful BUT that's what Woody wants. He wants us out and the 'new' money in .....
    That's OK ... he doesn't want us, fine .....but tell us the truth Woody and stop the sugar-coating and lies and BS about this whole process !!!!!!!

9. coorslightcans

great post woody is about out with the old and in with the new. many of the longtime fans who have endured all the losing and aggravating years will be no more at the new stadium. woody wants new and improved fans who will behave better and spend the money to support his investments. these fans will treat the nyjets as nothing but a novelty and wont sit out in the bad weather or if times get tough again. i still remember the 1-15 season sitting out in the cold and rain the place was empty. where was woody then?

10. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

There is one thing that nobody has mentioned.
    If you have been a STH, 40 years or even 5 years, and you do not join the Jets in their new stadium due to either getting priced-out or just fed-up with all the lies and BS the Jets are throwing at us, I have a question ......
    ** How Do You Remain A Jet Fan ???? **
    I have thought about this and once I am no longer a STH because the Jets have forced me out, how can I root for them ????
    After this whole aggravating process and the lies and the BS and the misinformation, etc how can I sit in my house or a bar or wherever and watch a Jet HOME Game ????
    That's gonna piss me off to no end ........
    A Jet Home Game, and I'm not there to see it ?? ...
    How do I root for them after all this ????????

F WOODY, F WOODY, F WOODY, F WOODY. F WOODY F WOODY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. coorslightcans

the transition will surely be a rough one. i have a few friends who have done so already. we will keep our sanity by buying a few games on stub-hub or even taking a chance on scalping. its never gonna be the same as it once was. the friends we met and made in our section. the people we've met and tailgated with throughout the years. the family gatherings. its all about to come to an end as my brother in law puts it. oh well cant sit around and dwell on the past need to move forward and make the best of whats yet to come. im prepared to pay for 1-2 home games a year and have even considered traveling to an away game all cheaper than the woody scam.

12. longsufferingjetsfan

Not to defend the Jets, but the reason they don't have records going back past 1977 is that is the year they changed their computer accounting system. Those of us having records back that far know that we had a different account number prior to 1977. That being said they still did have some indication of older accounts. When they offered the Front Row Seats in 2001, of which I purchased 6 on my account, they only offered them to long time season ticket holders. Also, another sore point, that I wrote to Hess about, was that whole Super Bowl lottery with 2 entries for the long time season ticket holders. What they should have done was give an entry for every year you had seats times the number of seats you had.

13. championjets69

Yes that it is but they U posted it it appeared my time was only 1 1/2 weeks ago

14. championjets69

I have a question U say U R a NYJ STH since 77 actually 65 then how can U get shut out since all the 77 STH picked in early May?

15. championjets69

Yes I am aware of the "new" computer system supposedly implemented in 77 in which all accounts prior to 77 were lumped into 77 thanks.

While I like ur suggestion of the balls per year per seat as I posted even with the 2 balls vs others 1 I had won tix for the SB if we ever got there in 82 & 98. Now since those records are destroyed by the Woody regime we & many, many others are just now 77s

16. 17a_tailgater

actually you are now may12th 2009 im may 6th 2009 SUCKER

17. championjets69

Thanks for that wonderful info. Ur news gets filed under it is what it is catagory

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Woody made available 27,000 PSL free seats available to his most loyal fans who have the option not to pay the PSL fee. Thats a fact, not Jet hype. I feel lucky to be have that option and thank him. Blaming him about getting a new stadium and charging PSL's is assinine because its what ever team does, its the way it is, not Woody. I am happy that I am sitting farther away, no, but bottom line I am paying $30 per game more and that's great. Its not perfect because a lot of long timers are not going to make the cut but its fair that a 35 year STH should pick before a 20 year STH. There is no way to make everyone happy. Would I feel this way if I am a 1987 guy and don't make the cut, no I would not, but like I said, I feel a 35 year STH would is living on social secuirty and a pension should be able to go to games and that' what he did. If he did not care about his long timers, he would have made every seat 5K PSL's and its renew your tickets or say good bye.

19. coorslightcans

screw that sec314 bro he only made the 27.000 uppers psl free because if he didnt the stadium would be empty. thats right empty. come on dude he knew the fan base was mainly blue collar. he did this because he had no choice it wasnt him being a good hearted guy or a caring person. please stop the bullshit.

we are 1993 and as the days pass we are realizing we are screwed.

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That's a good point. Also, two things to consider:

*The current stadium we play in is being knocked down, not by the Jets, so we couldn't stay put.

*NYC screwed Woody's attempt to build there after he spent a lot of his own money trying to do it.

I'm not sure what Woody was supposed to do. Building two stadiums, even before the economy went to hell but especially now, is extremely unnecessary. Going in on the one that was going to be built anyway was the way to go, and the Giants are using it for a bigger money grab than the Jets are.

And I say all this as a STH since 2001 and a fan since 1974 who will likely be shut out of the new place. Fuck it, I have HDTV and StubHub, I'll live.