Jets Related Tweets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, May 18, 2009.

1. Inafalcs

Inafalcs Member

janesportsIt's not an OTA til someone gets smashed. This time DB coach Dennis Thurman got taken out by Ahmad Carroll in a drill. #NFL both are OK.

nyjets7on7s. Mark Sanchez waits, then lofts pretty pass to Kareem Brown over James Ihedigbo. Then Erik Ainge hits wide-open Dustin Keller for TD.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

nyjets RL: Erik Ainge, Jack Simmons combine for fine play. Ainge rolls left, throws off-balance wobbler for the TE, who makes the grab in traffic.
    12 minutes ago from TinyTwitter

janesports UFA Jack Simmons another nice catch hard left from Ainge. The TE looks good early on. #NFL
    13 minutes ago from TwitterFon

nyjets RL: Jets' 1st D is coming, but Thomas Jones takes the handoff and bursts cleanly, impressively off left tackle.
    22 minutes ago from TinyTwitter

janesports Sanchez and Clemens now back to back working on routes with a few DBs man coverage on the wides/TEs #NFL
    36 minutes ago from TwitterFon

janesports RT @AlvinKeels: Congratulations to Leon Washington and his fiancee'. They welcomed... boy into this world early 7 lbs 10 ounces
    39 minutes ago from TwitterFon

janesports Some impressive catches from both Sanchez and Clemens early on as the QBs work with the wides and TEs. #NFL Simmons has a catch and backflip
    44 minutes ago from TwitterFon

3. WhiteShoeWillis

nyjets RL: Dwight Lowery, beaten earlier on a nice completion to Marcus Henry, swats down an Ainge pass into the middle just before practice ends.
    less than a minute ago from TinyTwitter

janesports Not a lot of long passes today, more short and an emphasis on avoiding INTs. Ainge looks better today than in a long time. #NFL
    2 minutes ago from TwitterFon

nyjets RL: Toward end of practice rookie RB Shonn Greene goes down on a running play. But he shakes it off and is back on the field a play later.
    3 minutes ago from TinyTwitter

BobGlauber Jets: RB Shonn Greene goes down and gets up slowly ... Seems to be ok
    5 minutes ago from TinyTwitter

#163 WhiteShoeWillis, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  4. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

Ainge had a good day....he just might stick around if he can keep this up

5. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

David Harris update

janesports: Rex Ryan said Jets LB David Harris will be out a few weeks after last week's collision,needed stitches in his lip and had loose teeth.

6. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Who cares how well the TEs catch. Report on how they block.

7. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Thanks for the updates guys. Wish we could sneak a camera in there and be able to watch the whole thing

8. WhiteShoeWillis

Last I checked TE's are a part of the passing game too. This is a strange comment.

9. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

well actually i can see where he is coming from because we know we have TEs that can catch were trying to find TEs that can block so yea

10. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Jane McManus' Blog on today's OTA

http://jets.lohudblogs.com/2009/06/03/leon-has-a-good-excuse/

Leon has a good excuse

Leon Washington is back with the Jets, but he couldn?t be at today?s OTA. Washington was instead at his fiance?s side for the birth of Noel, a little boy whose name is Leon spelled backwards.

On the field, rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez said he felt this was his best practice as a Jet. There weren?t a lot of terrific long passes thrown, but there weren?t a lot of mistakes, either. From either quarterback. Kellen Clemens, whose wife went into labor at the end of last Thursday?s OTA, had a little more success with the short passing game.

Once Clemens was in the shower after practice, Sanchez snuck a Gymboree gift box into the other QB?s locker.

RB Thomas Jones was on the field but didn?t come into the locker room for the second straight week. A fellow member of the offense said it was because he probably didn?t want to answer the same questions over and over.

Jones looked strong in practice, pounding the ball up the middle or slipping through the gaps. Rookie RB Shonn Green had his moments as well and impressed coach Rex Ryan, but once attempted a fake that didn?t work and prompted Bart Scott to say, ?Just send a text message, Rook!?

Scott talked up Ryan?s style of coaching, saying it allowed a player to be himself on the field, and had a funny response when asked if that meant he wouldn?t play for Mangini. He said a no comment and then added that we all knew what he meant.

(I?ll add audio of the exchange here.)

LB David Harris, who had stitches in his lip and some dentistry to save his teeth after being hit in the mouth by Jim Leonhard?s helmet last week, was not at practice. (Harris was on the sideline last week, out of the play.) Ryan said that Harris wouldn?t be in any contact situations for a few weeks.

Yesterday?s obligatory collision was when Ahmad Carroll ran over DB coach Dennis Thurman guarding a wide out during a route drill. Thurman stumbled over and then did an ultra dramatic flop, showing his sense of humor was intact, and probably the rest of him as well.

Lastly, those of you who follow Jay Feely on Twitter know what an avid golfer he is. Alas, Feely did not win the Jets annual golf outing on Tuesday and claims that poor putting cost his foursome. I talked to Nick Mangold, who witnessed the whole thing, to ask if Feely could survive on the roster after such a defeat.

Mangold, whose group also beat Feely, said that lucky for the kicker, the biggest trash talkers weren?t at the tournament.

I?ll beef this up with audio, some pics and quotes later, so check back.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its going to be tough to find a twitter post thats going to say "nice block by TE Simmons/Keller etc."

its more about the big plays than the small stuff on here.

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Keller was drafted to catch.

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I wish we had some of our own TGG posters at the OTAs. During camp, they always give play-by-play analysis of all the players we are interested in. I forget what posters usually do the detailed camp analysis, but I hope you plan on doing it again this season :beer:

14. Inafalcs

Inafalcs Member

jayfeely OTA recap:best practice for the offense yet. Both QB'S looked confident and threw crisp balls. Dustin Keller looked dominant today

jayfeely If Dustin can consistently play like he did today (similiar to the NE game) he will present real problems for defenses aka Gonzalez & Gates

jayfeely I think Keller can be that good. On a side note I will be cohosting on ESPN 1050 tonight with Seth Everett, check me out and critique me

15. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

This. Keller can catch. We have no reliable blocking TEs. What happens in a 1st and 2 yard situation? Can we mash it through the other guy's line?

We're pretty sure Keller isn't going to be the guy leading holding the OLB back, who is?

It isn't like we have massive oline depth to bring a backup guard or tackle in as a jumbo TE.

I think the biggest hole in our run game is currently our TE situation followed up by lack of depth on the oline.

16. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

of course no doubt about it thats what i was saying

17. fr0zensm0ke

fr0zensm0ke Member

Kareem Brown moved to tight end over the last few weeks, chances are he will be our blocking tight end. Simmons is a possibility as well.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I think the 3rd TE will do a decent job blocking..

19. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Considering these are supposed to be non-contact OTA's, finding anything like this should be impossible to find, and not just tough :up:

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hahaha yeah really.

can't wait for the update on how faneca pulled around the weak side and blew up Ahmad Carroll. :lol: