17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. terps56

terps56 New Member

There are relatively few $400 seats (actually they are $530/$465/$433 when you add PSL) and I agree with you that no way they sell out. You will see the Jets lower that ticket price. The 15k and 10k seats come to $270 and $227 and will sell out by opening day. Although I'm not buying at that price, others will.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I was one of the very lucky ones that wound up more/less exactly where I was in the old stadium. The one change I had to make is move 2 seats from the NYJ side of the field to the opposing team side of the field but they are across from each other so the sightlines are more/less the same as the old stadium. I was 65 but on the NYJs files I became 77 & my seats are what are termed the "prime upper deck" & according to my son the NYGs PSL for them is 5Gs per seat & since I have 8 seats my PSL charge wud have been 40Gs which is a quite hefty price to pay to just see a FB game. So I am most happy that Woody took the non PSL charge for the UD because if he wud have implemented the NYGs fee schedule I would have been a drop out. As for non transferable thingy all U had to do is this past winter is change the tix into one of ur kids names or if U have no kids one of ur relatives kids that has the same last name as you & the seats would be insured to be in ur family for years & years & years & years

#922 championjets69, May 22, 2009
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
  3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The one thing you forget. Both teams are gonna raise ticket prices and if you don't like it, you can stop going and not have to sell the PSL's

4. norm428

norm428 New Member

True, but at $1,000 with a decent location, I could probably get most of the money back on a sale. Yes, ticket prices for both the Giants and Jets will rise, probably by similar amounts - but
    the $1,000 would have remained a 1 time fee, with all the rights that come with it.

5. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Also, a $1000 PSL is fairly easily affordable for most.

6. norm428

norm428 New Member

I could be wrong, but I believe that $5,000 was only for the 1st 4 rows. All the other UD PSL's were $1,000. I'm aware that I could have transferred the name to my son. That's not a big deal, because if something happens to me, he just pays the invoice when it comes. How would the Jets ever know? But what if, in the future, I want to transfer the seats to another friend or relative. I don't have that option. The bigger deal to me is that I lose my reserve parking. That is really gonna suck.

Some of us are lucky be even have UD seats between the goal lines. A lot of people in my section now are gonna get screwed big time. People I've sat with for 20+ years are gonna either be forced to the endzone or forced to pay a PSL for seats with poorer (at least to us who are used to sitting on the 40 yd line in the UD) sight lines. It sucks. Woody sucks - big time!

7. championjets69

Yes my seats are in the 1st 4 rows in fact they are on row 1

If U wud have transfrerred them to ur son then U wud not have had to worry since the who knows what will be the rules for the next stadium 30/40 years from now?

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yes, you are right. So a Giant fan in the UD had first dibs on seats in the location he sits now? If that's the case, once again, they out smarted us.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That's me, going to the end zone UD but I would rather sit 15th row end zone then 23rd row at the 15. In the UD, location is not as important as it is downstairs. The end zone downstairs for football are the worst seats in sports

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Terps, I like the way you've done the math on the actual ticket price (calculating in the PSL spread over time). Interesting.

I'm wondering if your calculations take into account the interest over that period and maybe you could also calculate the actual ticket price for 8 games instead of 10? I realize the Preseason Games will be the same meaningless games across the board, but I'd still like to see what it does to the higher prices, as percentage-wise it will tend to drive them up even higher and would really be the true, actual, net-net cost per meaningful game in the higher-end ticket prices.

I'm assuming we could just add 20% or so to all the prices to build in the meaningless Preseasons and that would be close enough. The reason I think it would be helpful to calculate all this is because anyone who is getting shut out and who may consider having to buy tickets off eBay or Stubhub will then know the actual, dead-on, net-net cost of a regular season ticket to a regular game, PSL and interest built in.

Someone being shut out could then be able to guage the true difference between buying the PSLs (and buying all 10 games, plus the interest on the PSLs) as compared to just buying a ticket online without all the other stuff and being done with it. The comparitive difference may be quite alarming when all is said and done... just sayin'.

11. jetbo

jetbo Member

Jets PSL's

The GIANTS have not Guaranteed it, but they pretty much said that if you wanted to stay in a location very close to what your your current seat is at Giants Stadium,you could pretty much get it.

12. championjets69

"The end zone downstairs for football are the worst seats in sports" I totally agree with ur statement concerning LD EZ seats

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am predicting that know one will pay for an individual ticket with cost of PSL and interest and the 20% tacked on, meaning who the hell is gonna pay $250 and up for a jet game unless its the Pats or we are playing for the division. We are talking about a team that 10% of its fan base does not show up for a game when its 70 degrees and sunny and another 20% leaves after the 3rd qtr. reagardless of the score. There is only 50K real fans and the new place fits 80k. They should have reduced the size of the place to fit the jets fan base, kinda like the Mets did.

#933 sec314, May 22, 2009
  14. terps56

terps56 New Member

Sec 227, The interest is already calculated in. The annual installment for a Mezz seat is fixed at$389/year fully amortized over 15 years at 8% interest rate. So the annual bill is $1200 ($120 x 10 games) plus $389 = $1,589 per year. Thats $159 per game over a 10 game schedule. If you throw out the 2 preseason games, its $198 per game. Keep in mind that if they switch to an 18 game schedule (which I believe is likely very soon, perhaps even by the start of the 2010 season), then the actual cost is spread out over 9 games and comes to $176/game.

So when comparing to non-PSL seats, I think it is accurate to compare $159/game vs. $125/$105/$95 UD. When comparing to Ebay or Stubhub, you should throw out the preseason games and it comes to $198/game (16 game schedule) or $176/ game (18 game schedule).

Also, I guess you could also calculate in that after 15 yrs, your PSL is fully paid and now you are comparing the ticket prices straight up (although I personally cant really think that far in advance)

15. Section 227. Row 5

Nice work. It's Friday and I'm heading for the Jersey shore shortly and not in the mood for calculations. Besides, that's what we have you for. (LOL)

Okay, so to recap. If a guy gets completely shut out, he might be able to take SOME solace in the fact that the LEAST EXPENSIVE seat he could have had with a PSL would still have cost him roughly $200 per seat (assuming 16 game season and casting aside the totally meaningless Scrimmage Games which hardly anyone goes to anymore). And he might take solace in the fact that this $200 would have been ongoing and assumes 15-year longevity with no way out. Additionally, he might also take solace that if the ticket price goes up over the 15 years (and it surely will), he will not be an indentured servant and locked into the increases no matter how high the increase is. And he could also take some solace in the fact that this $200 seat is End Zone.

Could this same, unfortunate, NY Jets castaway go to eBay or Stubhub and find selected seats, perhaps better seats than EZ even, for less than $200 a pop? And might he get a free parking pass thrown in as well? The answer is yes, quite possibly and even probably. And he's not committed to a damned thing else, either. He walks away when the game is over and he's done.

I don't know... I can see your point about value when you spread it all out, but none of us are taking into consideration what I call the "Your Nuts In Woody's Vice Syndrome," that being, you're pretty much always bent over the barrel out in front of J&J Headquarters with your pants pulled down, hoping Woody will be gentle this time.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Let's face it. I mean, lets be brutally honest here. No one really cares anymore about the fans who attend games. They're meaningless. The entire PSL program is priced for corporate entities with profitable bottom lines and a bulging T&E Account that needs diminishing so that a tax write-off can be taken against the profits. They can write a PSL check for $20,000 per seat and (I don't know, I'm not an account), I assume they can take this as a deduction going forward and spread it out over, say, 15 years. Then they can spend $750 per seat on top of that and take that as well eash year. After all, they are entertaining clients who might purchase their products, and this is a legitmate business expense (cost of sales).

It was never meant for us guys who go religiously, take our families and enjoy the tailgate experience. I'm glad 17a and others got their seats at a reasonable cost, it probably could have been worse. Many more of us might have gotten shut out.

Sports is not about the fans who actually attend. Ironically, it's got nothing whatsoever anymore to do with fans who actually go to the games. It's about TV rights, advertising, and generating huge dollars. Fans attending games to root for their home teams are a thing of the past. We're dinosaurs, for Christ's Sake. We're laughable. To think, we actually go to game to root for our team. Hahhahahahaaa..... ridiculous concept.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Reality sucks but yeah, that's the truth. The good thing is corporate america is under seige so the greedy fat cats have had the sense knocked into them and are not buying PSL's. Woody and his kind are in a bind and we are not going to bail them out, we are running for the land of no PSL's.

#937 sec314, May 22, 2009
  18. coorslightcans

my brother in law gave me the number for his friend who works for the ticket agency.i called the guy he assured me today tickets will be readily available for any game. he also said agencies will get unsold tickets directly from the nyjets just as they have in the past. wow just wow so no worries about the place being empty fans will sit in the lower level prime seats for only the price of a ticket minus the psl bullshit.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its surprising to see defense of the psl and even people saying they would rather pay it :)

amazing the more the shit gets worse the more the shit they gave you last seems like its pretty tasty.

227 and 314 i agree with you guys completely about the fan not mattering as much anymore. tv has surely ruined the gameday experience. even with the parking and concessions it still doesnt pay nearly what tv does. and there are no overhead costs for espn to put the game on tv.

to the guy a few pages ago, you meet the challenge and i thank you for that! if everyone could give a little more and take a little less this would be a much better place.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i still hope failure upon woody. and you know what now he is kinda stuck here in jersey, he cant up and leave to los angeles when he has to pay for a stadium....