NFL Live breaks down Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IrishSteveZ, May 12, 2009.

1. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Agreed but route running is the thing that can be taught to receivers. As long as you have hands and heart the rest can be taught.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Crabtree is not on the same level as the elite WR in the NFL.

Whether it be combine numbers, mental toughness, or route running.

Cool highlights get you nowhere in the NFL. Crabtree is going to be woken up quickly.

3. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I understand, but I don't think he was worth the pick and I think Sanchez presented much better value to us. You seem to be very down on him for whatever reason, and you're just making a lot of negatives up about him. Obviously you can't project what would happen next year but if you assume that all players continue to play as they did last year with moderate improvements due to experience, it's likely that there would be a toss up between whether Bradford or Sanchez would be the first QB off the board and that at the very worst Sanchez would get drafted around where he did this year.

With the way this draft presented itself to us, I'd rather grab a QB in this draft and a WR (Dez Bryant/Arrelious Benn/Derrick Williams) in next year's draft. We gave up minimal value to get a guy who likely would have had a shot at going #1 overall next year, and now we'll have a good shot at grabbing our reciever next year. I like all 3 of those guys better than Crabtree.

I could be very wrong, but I've studied up enough on these prospects and watched them enough to at least form a solid opinion based on my observations.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I don't think anyone in next year's draft is better than Mark Sanchez. Sam Bradford could give him a run for his money...

Mark Sanchez staying at USC for his senior season would only raise his stock more.

#84 Mr Electric, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
  5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

It would seem, for better or worse, that our GM and Coach disagreed with you. our biggest need was QB, not wideout. We got the second QB off the boards, who has farnchise caliber skills. Good for them. I'm not claiming Sanchez is a sure thing, but he is a much better long term option then anyone we had.

This front office has a very good track record with thier early picks so far. I'd be willing to bet they would be a better judge of both Crabtree or Sanchez then anyone on here.

6. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

How To Make Yer New Draftee Into A Top-Flite QB...

Get your guy some other QBs to play with, especially one or two who have done the job before would be appropriate.

As soon as he shows up, you assign your QB coach to work exclusively on his footwork. Never mind the playbook for a while.

Introduce him to the offensive line and tell him to make friends, find out how their feet work, and learn how to keep from getting stepped on.

After he's made friends with the Big Uglies, then introduce him to the running backs and when he's not working on his footwork, and trying not to get stomped on, he should practice handing off to these RBs some.

Depending on how he progresses in these three areas, I might decide he's advanced enough to teach him how to fake all manner of plays until the defense doesn't know what he's gonna do until after he's done it.

Naturally, this approach with your Draftee will leave lotsa reps for the other QBs to get good at running the offense.

Also, perhaps you get the point that the majority of team emphasis is AWAY from the Draftee and toward the defensive front, and the LBs, and the secondary, the blocking effort of the offensive line, and of course lest we not forget -- special teams.

Passing and wideouts are an after-hours after thought.

Now of course, everybody wants to see the rapid ballet dancers out on th edge do well. Me, too.

But, that will only be regularly possible if we force a lot of three-and-outs on defense, and make the other team's defense absolutely terrified of our running game by the end of the first quarter.

So, that's how you do it.

...and I'm willing to bet that this will work every time...!
    :up:

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I can't believe I bothered to squint through that post. Maybe you should have selected Wing Dings instead. 'Rapid ballet dancers'? Why do your posts always come off as if they were edited by 3 gay lizards?

8. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Is this a joke?

9. fr0zensm0ke

fr0zensm0ke Member

Hope so...

10. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Unless he's talking about coaching a special ed Pop Warner quarterback I hope it's a joke.