NFL Live breaks down Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IrishSteveZ, May 12, 2009.

1. Denny

Denny Active Member

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Enough Said.

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

He is not ready yet. He came out this year because he knew with the crop of Qb's that would be available and the teams that might actually need one he could have dropped to the second round in the 2010 draft. It is a Joke but we are used to being the Joke of the draft. This time it's Woodys PSL Stunt! Did they mention he plays in a weak conference surrounded by an NFL team and one of the best coaches in the game to hide his weaknesses.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

In the end... who gives a crap!? If in TC/preseason he shows he has adapted to the NFL good, otherwise Clemens start and he'll sit for 10 games or maybe the whole season. It's a WIN-WIN situation...

5. FOURTHANDLONG

We will not lose regarding what we traded because Tanny robbed Mangini blind as far as picks but if he is a bust and we miss out on the Qb derby next year we have lost for the next five years. Lets hope he is what Woody thinks he is.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

No, I applaud the Jets for going for it and I hope he's great, I just worry about that he played on a great team and beat inferior teams and he's a hype machine. He is almost to good to be true.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Finally someone who did not drink the kool-aid. Time will tell, but lets be honest here, its possible that we could be right.

8. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Bradford and McCoy they both are still there plus Tim Tebow... Some say tebow no but based on his College production he will go in the first round as a QB...

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I know McCoy and Bradford are good, but what makes them any better than Sanchez?

And I also don't get this argument against Sanchez that USC is so stacked with talent that it makes it easy for him. USC's WRs aren't exactly tearing up the NFL. They may be really good college players and some of the best recruits, but let's not make it sound like Sanchez was throwing to a bunch of first round picks.

Sanchez, Bradford, and McCoy are all unproven at the NFL level, and all three play/played on college teams loaded with talent.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Also Bradford and McCoy have not played in Pro-level offenses, Sanchez has and knows whats expected in that offense

11. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

It seems like every year you have NFL analysts talking highly about the QBs drafted early in the first round and calling them the "real deal". The fact of the matter is that no one can tell exactly how a QB will pan out in the NFL. It doesn't matter what team they played on, what conference they were in, how many college games they started, how their combine/Pro days went, or how many TDs/INTs they threw in college. There is no clear cut formula for knowing what college QB will be good in the NFL. There have been so many QB busts as well as Super Bowl QBs in the first round. We can talk and discuss all we want to about Sanchez's intangibles, skill-set, and how well he did last season at USC, but no one will know a thing about him as an NFL QB until he steps on the field for the Jets. Let's just sit back and see what happens before we start naming him the next Joe Namath or Ryan Leaf.

12. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

i don't really follow your logic here. of course those things matter, there have been busts at other positions than QB... if tom brady didn't pan out he wouldn't have been called a bust, drafted in the 6th. those things DO matter, or else they wouldn't be drafted where they are.

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I'm saying where a player was drafted and how good they were in college doesn't matter in how they play in the NFL. We have seen 1st round QBs get run out of the league in 2 years and 6th rounders win Super Bowls. Basically, I'm just telling people to relax and see what kind of player he is in the NFL before we label it a good or a bad pick

14. FOURTHANDLONG

We didn't even have the patience to see how the Qb's we have on our roster will play. Sanchez will have a short window to perform. Sad but True.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's funny, because that seems to be the only fact that you know about Sanchez. It's a joke that you even post on this subject.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Can you break down any otherpart of his game for us? Perhaps his accuracy, footwork, ability to read defenses, or even arm strength?

Have you watched him play? Do you know anyting but what you read about him? The only Joke is that your tying to make comments on something that you know nothing about.

It ia a joke that a negative minded jackass has Jerry as an avatar. Your more of a doom and gloom type, I would suggest changing it to someone like Rush Limbaugh or Nancy Grace. Then at least it would match your attitude.

17. FOURTHANDLONG

It is a very big fact.

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Yes but its the only fact that most detractors bring up because they don't have a whole lot of negative things to say about his game.

Yes he has a big transition to make, but I'm more then happy to have him as a Jet.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Let's get it tattooed on our chests backwards so we can remind ourselves of that every day when we shave. It's a fact that every 'expert' is aware of and for some reason most of them are willing to overlook it. I'm ot sold on the guy, but when somebody comes on this board and clings to one or two vague arguments and tells me 'I have a feeling he's going to be a bust' without even putting forth the effort of a hyperactive 4th grader doing his math homework in an arcade to back it up, that's a weak argument.

#39 abyzmul, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
  20. duketogo

duketogo New Member

Man, every time I read your posts, all I can hear is the Lord Humongous voice in my head. :smile: