17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

IMO this is probably not a good time to be buying any PSL. If you can wait 24 months, the best time to pick one up will be in the initial waive of PSL resales. This will be just after the allowable date for resale as the earliest you can sell your PSL will be in 2011.

If anyone wants a decent PSL and is willing to wait until then, my prediction is that the market will be initially flooded with them. Of the 80,000 seats, there are probably, say, 30,000 accounts. If only 5% of them go on the market (for any of the abovementioned reasons or some that I hadn't even thought of), there could be approximately 1500 accounts hitting the market all at once in the same week. Those 1500 accounts could represent approximately 4,000 seats (all trying to sell at the same time).

I think supply and demand will cause them to be reasonably priced because the open market will determine what they're really worth and the pricing will have nothing whatsoever to do with what they sold for initially. If the Jets are having a terrible season or coming off of back-to-back bad seasons (I sincerely do NOT with this), the pricing will be even better.

I think some Jets fans are going to get caught up in all this and feel "pressured" into buying the PSL. I'm feeling it myself, and you can just read it between the lines in some of the posts here. It's the whole Sanchez thing...the new stadium... state of the art... you know, the whole enchilada (pun intended). But what I'm saying is, a lot will happen in peoples' lives between now and 2011 that will change their financial status.

A simple thing like a divorce, for example, will have Mrs. Smith's attorney addressing the court saying, "And your honor, at the earliest possible date, Mrs. Smith wants Mr. Smith to sell his Jets PSLs, for which he frivolously paid $16,000 and in which he has marital monies tied up which should be part of equitable distribution, and we therefore request of the court that he be compelled to sell these PSLs at the earliest possible date and the proceeds from which should be split between the two parties."

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Bunch of haters

3. Section 227. Row 5

Jealous haters. I'd sign up for your seats in a heartbeat. Probably would have opted for the 1st Row though. Hate to be looking at some guy's ass if Leon is running toward me in the End Zone.

Pet peave of mine. Even in the 5th Row where I am now, the douchebags always find a way to stand up at the worst possible time. By the time I get up, the ball is already being spiked in the End Zone and I'm like, "Hey dude, WTF man. I just missed the fucking play!"

Doesn't matter... I'm probably out the fucking door anyway.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If U think if the 17A arrangement is so top notched why not do the same?

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wait a second it was a couple pages ago but from what i understand 17a you bought 3rd row endzone for 4k psl and 120 bucks a game for the first year?

thats no deal according to me. thats 8 to 16 grand tied up on the jets. thats like i have said a shame.

i am sure you feel differently and i dont blame you for it. i was quite surprised however when you started talking about buying a psl seat.

6. 17a_tailgater

im not telling

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was just venting, did not mean to hate. I am pissed that I can not get the seats I have for 29 years since they were not the best seats to begin. Its not asking much, you know. The only thing that keeps me coming back is I am afraid the year I bag it, will be the year they go 13-3, win the division, homefield through out and win the Super bowl in OT.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Well, the main reason would be, because I can't Champ. I don't have the option he had. I'm sure all the front rows are gone by now, PSL or no PSL.

Many, many months ago I thought my seniority was good enough to get me a front row (or close to it) in the Uppers. After Woody and the Jets organization now doled out all the Upper front row and 50-YL seats to the insiders, it's apparent to me that that is impossible.

17a only has two seats... not so bad on the wallet. He puts down $800 on the $8,000 PSL and finances the remaining $7,200. Then, when the 2010 seasonal bill is due, he shells out $120 X 2 tickets = $240 X 10 games = $2400. If he had paid cash for the whole enchilada, he's in his seat for a total of $10,400 ($8,000 + $2,400).

For me that's double ($20,800) because I've got (and am going to want) 4 tickets. It does me no good to have 2 seats. I might have considered that option were I 17a because you still get a nice front row, but it's clear to me that this is an impossibility for me and now I'm even thinking I may not get any reasonable seating whatsoever.

If all I can get now are Uppers in the 47th row or whatever, I may rethink the entire thing. Like Koz says, there comes a point where you have to ask yourself, "Is it really worth going to the game?" If you're a quarter of a mile away from the plays and the player formations on the field look like ants on an ant hill and the only way you get to see what happened it to sit there and watch the giant screen, what the hell is the point in being there at all?

Like I say, the saving grace for many, especially the poor bastards who have been on their cockamaie "waiting list" all these years and who, if they're lucky as hell, are going to be offered seats so freaking far away from the field that it's ridiculous, is that when 2011 rolls around and the resales start, they may have a crack at some VERY reasonably priced PSLs in the End Zone or wherever.

9. Section 227. Row 5

The other opportunity the waitlist people might have is, there may be people who just walk away and say "Screw this, I've had great seats for 25 years and now I have to sit in the last row of the Uppers? No way! It ain't worth it!"

So this might create some openings for them... last row in the corner kind of thing... although God only knows why the hell you would want to sit way out there. I suppose if you have access to a portable Hubble Telescope you might be able to make out Leon Washington on the field.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well U cud D/size then & buy 2 PSLs like he did right?

11. Section 227. Row 5

D-sizing won't work for me Champ. I go to the games with 4 people usually... other couples, my kids and/or their spouses, relatives, etc., and now I've got two brand new grandchildren, so I'm going to need 4 minimum or nothing at all. Two does me no good. In fact, 6 would be more like it. But this is all becvoming way too expensive. I might be better off inviting them all over to the house at these ridiculous prices.

12. KSJets

KSJets New Member

A Sunday ritual of a big family dinner and some football? Sounds good to me :)

13. terps56

terps56 New Member

I think 17a got great value. For $400, if he finances the balance over 15 yrs, he pays approx $420 PSL fee/yr, or $42 per game. Added to the $120 game ticket, he is paying $162/game for 3rd row aisle mezz seats (I might've taken 1st row middle, but its a tough call).

Now I think $162 is a lot of money, but it is great value when compared to paying $100 or more for upper level with no PSL rights. Nice job 17a

14. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Made a slight correction for you.

15. terps56

terps56 New Member

thx. I made another correction

I think 17a got great value. For $400, if he finances the balance over 15 yrs, he pays approx $420 PSL fee/yr, or $42 per game. Added to the $120 game ticket, he is paying $162/game for 3rd row aisle mezz seats (I might've taken 1st row middle, but its a tough call).

Now I think $162 is a lot of money, but it is great value when compared to paying $100 for the first yearor more for upper level with no PSL rights. Nice job 17a

16. 17a_tailgater

thanks i have sat in the middle of the row forever. im 6'5" it sucks walking in a row 10 people deep drunk, or with kids. sometimes both but that 20 feets that you can trip on. an aisle is exactly what i wanted.

17. terps56

terps56 New Member

yeah. its a tough call. not sure what I would have done if given the choice. but sounds like you made the right call. I dont think you could go wrong with either of those options. did you feel pressure to make a decision on the spot on the phone? would they hold the seats for you for like an hour or so and let you think it over and call back? just curious. trying to prepare

18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I think I've said this a few times. The reason(s) I opted out of the PSL's is because for long time season tix holders, it was:

1) A slap in the face. Giants and Jets pricing is not comparable, and guess who won the Super Bowl in recent memory? How does that turd Woody Johnson justify that? He doesn't.
    2) I would have been willing to make the PSL happen if I could sit in a comparable section without getting raked over the coals for $14K per year on TOP of the PSL.
    3) The principle of the thing. For 17a, it's a tremendous upgrade and he did well. For me, sitting where he bought, no way. Seeing as that's what it came down to, I opted to lose transfer rights AND I'll be sitting in Shitsville. Bastards.

19. 17a_tailgater

Thanks jeto I have tailgating since shea days with the old man.I look to continue that tradition for generations to come.

I was in constant contact with my sales rep who said the morni g of my date he took my 3 seating options and found 3 tix groups that matched what I wanted most and put the on hold.I then negotiated my seats.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i would have to go with the principal of the situation as well.