17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

being its the NORTH end zone the sun will rise to the left of me and set to the left of me (EAST to WEST) hench west club east club north end zone south endzone....:rofl:

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Would that be both sides? I was wondering, why would you sit so high when one or 2 sectons over you can get much lower. With this place, I am taking lower over middle. I was in the upper deck, I know the foreman at the place, its REALLY REALLY high. I hope everyone does what you did.

3. 17a_tailgater

dude look at my pictures.that shit is redunkulous.

4. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

The seats I was offered were for all the upper prime sections, which basically spans the entire middle of the field (30yrd line to 30 yrd line). In the sections one over from upper prime (from the 10 to the 30 yrd line) the front rows were taken and I didn't see enough of a difference between row 10 and row 18 to justify a move from the middle to possibly the 10 to 30 yrd line. Two sections over and you are in endzone country which I didn't want. So I go from section 132 of the old building, to the nose bleeds in another county.

What everyone can take away from this is that if this many rows went in the first 2.5 days, guys who are only being called next week, or later, are not going to have much to choose from in the non PSL world.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Okay... looking at the seating package again and I understand.

The opposite endzone will probably work better for me... the south side or SW corner, for a couple of reasons.

1) It's probably closer to where I'll park and still be able to get easy access out to the TPK south.

(2) I don't want the sun in my face. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west, we all know that, but as it traverses across the horizon it arcs to the south more. Hence the term "southern exposure." The south side of any house gets max sun on it. So, if you're sitting on the south side of your house but facing north, you'll have the sun on the back of your neck. If you sit on the north side but face south, the sun will be on your face more.

I guess it all depends on what you want.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The Jets are on the sunny side, facing the south, and the visitors are on the shady side, facing north, just was they are now. I am definitely looking at a fast exit as one of my priorities on what side.

7. Section 227. Row 5

That's my fear. It looks like the PSL-free uppers are going fast. But we all knew they would.

The only saving grace may be that yeah, in the first 2.5 days all the good seats are gone. But this wasn't mostly the result of people being called and taking them. This shit was gone before they ever picked up the phone to call the very first 1977 guy, I guarantee you. I knew we'd all get fucked, what else is new?

There's no accountability whatsoever... the Jets don't have to tell anyone who got what and in what order, so again, the fans come last. The really good PSL-free seats went to all the cronies and people on the inside.

Leave the scraps for the rest of the scumbag ticketholders... they don't amount to a pinch of shit anyway.

8. 17a_tailgater

park???? ha ha you think the parking is gonna be the same? when i did the tour i saw a diagram which i havent seen anywhere else.the closest area to the new stadium are suite parking.next is club psl parking($40). the next area is the rest of the PSL parking($35). and then its general admission parking
    ($20). which is only parking lots 18 and 13 of the old stadium.

9. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Get back at the Jets- take your PSL money this year and max out on a primo home theater setup- even if you have one, improve upon what you have. You CAN fit the 53" LCD on the wall, right?

In subsequent years, take that money and bring the fam including grandkids on a primo vacation.

Just make sure that you leave enough $ to cover cable TV and DVR cost.

I'm really feeling for your guys- loyalty just went out the window.

10. Section 227. Row 5

That's the configuration in the old stadium (presently) because the sidelines are on the south and north straightaways. But if you look at the orientation of the new stadium, the sideline straightaways are on the east and west sides.

Either way, that has never been a consideration of mine (which side the Jets are on). In fact, I've been on the opposite side of the field my entire time and I like it better when I face the Jets bench as opposed to looking at their backs. With binoculars, you can wee all their faces.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, but see, that's where I want to be parked so I can get out easier. What I'm saying is, it makes no sense for me to be on the north side of the stadium and have to walk further north to get to my Tahoe, only to then have to navigate back to the south somehow.

I'm better off leaving the stadium on the south side and then walking south to my truck, then getting on Rte 3 east to the TPK south. It's just my consideration, that's what I'm saying. I do understand the parking will be much further away from this freaking monstrosity.

12. Section 227. Row 5

I hear you Koz. Believe me, all the arguments I've presented over these many months are still ringing in the back of my head. I don't want to make an emotional decision at the last minute and say, "Oh fuck it, I'll just take the PSL End Zone."

For 17a it's only 2 seats, but for me it's 4. So even if I go the cheapest PSL route possible (End Zone), I'm still looking at $4,000 X 4 = $16,000. Okay, 10% down = $1600. But BFD. I'll still owe $14,400.

True, with those seats (end zones) my ticket prices will be a reasonable $120... just what they are now. But that won't stop good old Woody from getting out the vaseline jar once I'm in my seat. This guy is going to take those cheap PSL seats and ream the ticketholders but good. He'll be less likely to do that to the Upper guys because they'll tell him to shove it.

13. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

CONGRATS! Hope you enjoy them!!

14. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

CONGRATS! Must be a relief to have this over with!! Hope you're happy with them.

15. Section 227. Row 5

The 10% bullshit is a brilliant idea - got to hand it to the Jets

By reducing the deposit on the PSLs from 20% to 10%, the Jets might be striking paydirt. Brilliant move on Woody's part.

If you've got 4 seats you're looking at a minimum PSL of $16,000. So now, instead of needing $3200, you only need $1600. That's going to be enough for some guys to say, "Okay!... Hey!... Now I can afford this. Hey honey... all I need is 1600 bucks! We can swing that! Let's do it!"

It's still the same money and still the same fuck job. Unbelievable. And with that they get you to owe more (90% instead of 80%) at their ridiculously high interest rates, so they still make out in the long run and drain thousands from the ticketholders.

Some of these people are going to sign up for higher PSLs because they "only" have to come up with 10%. It's a ticking time bomb if you take into consideration they'll get multiple price increases on their seats long before their PSL is even paid for.

16. 17a_tailgater

what do you think about the $500 down on uppers????

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

That is hilarious, it will actually cost more in the long run.

18. Section 227. Row 5

I don't mind it, really. For me it's not about how much I have to lay out now. I'm thinking longer term than that. If I have to lay out $2,000 for 4 uppers, it's $2,000 less I'll have to pay in 2010.

Woody's doing all this specifically because some guys will only think short term. This is brilliant marketing... unbelievably good advice from someone or some outfit that has studied "new millenium" human behavioral spending patterns. They've figured out that everybody today thinks short term. That's why credit cards are kited and why people got into 50-year mortgages and "interest only" financially ridiculous bear traps.

Now this same outfit comes out and tells Woody, "They're only interested in what it costs today. Once we get the stupid bastards on the hook we bascially fucking own them. Lower the downpayment on the PSLs and raise the downpayment on the Non-PSLs and you'll force them into making cockamamie financial decisions that they otherwise wouldn't have made."

"Let's see. $500 down today and no PSL or $400 down today and a PSL that sticks it up my ass for the next decade. I know! $400 is less than $500, so the obvious answer must be the $400!"

19. 17a_tailgater

no loyalty. who are, i dont even know you anymore..........

20. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahhaaaha..... HUH? LMFAO!

Hey listen, you've got excellent seats man. You're in a much better seat than anybody's gonna be in if they don't pay a PSL. And you got into the cheapest PSL and the cheapest ticket price too, so that's good.

If I had your seniority I would have been taking a very hard look at those seats too. You've got value in those seats becuase they're the same price as the chump who's going to be 42 (or whatever) rows behind you in the same section.

So no, let's not have any buyer's remorse coming from you. These are great seats at a minimal PSL. Good call. I won't be so lucky. I've got to wait for this schmuck to call me so I can have him tell me I can sit with the pidgeon droppings in the last fucking row.