Jets Released Brett Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Apr 28, 2009.

1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

To be fair, 29 of those losses were due to inclement weather in some part of the world. Those 32 wins were all hard-fought battles in the trenches that were solely the doing of Chad and Herm.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Losing is not exciting, choking away a season is not exciting. That stretch from at Buf to at ten was very fun and exciting but that was about it for the year(along w/ the Ari game).

NOBODY wants to see the Jets win a SB more than me so that is pure BS. We were talking about playing elite teams and winning at NE is not something that is easy to do yet Chad has gone 3-1 there in the reg season.

I dont' pawn anything off, I ave said he deserved blamed for oak but it wasn't him alone. The discussion was about Chad's ability to win those types of games, obviously he didn't do it by himself just like he didn't lose by himself.

The truth is Chad is a very good QB who, surrounded by the right talent, CAN win a SB but he hasn't played w/ SB talent. When healthy he is a top 10 QB, he is not elite, he is nowhere near Brady(no one is) but he is a very good QB.

I am not deifying anyone, you guys act like he was Bubby Brister and treat him like he was Bubby. I appreciate all he did for us, I have nevre called him great or anything like that but it's folks like you who would rather interpret posts than read them.

I hated the Favre trade but I want to see the Jets win and I was happy as could be after the Ten game, I was even beginning to tell people I was wrong about my criticism of the trade until the old Brett returned and ruined our season. I don't care who our QB is, I want to win.

We can only hope Miami is as dumb as we were and don't start Chad.

3. nyjunc

By the way he was 32-29 as a starter for us, only vinny has a better win% among jet QBs and no Jet QB has started more playoff games than Chad and in more playoff years and he was 31-22 heading into that '07 season where we had no OL or running game. When they guy has been healthy he's led 2 teams to 2 div ttiles and 4 postseasons overall, he's 4 for 4 in years he's played at least 3/4 of games. Not bad for such a crappy QB.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I dont know where all this started or where its going but...

..I'd have taken a devision win and a one and done last year over what we had with Favre. People argueing that Favre was a better move for us last season sound clueless to me.

If nothing else the phins can put the devision win in the Pats (and our) face. The Seahawk game and the final game against Miami were low points that can only = we got BURNED by the Favre deal!

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

To be fair, 21 of those 22 losses were due to inclement weather in some part of the world.

6. nyjunc

How did you enjoy choking in 2008 like we did in 2000? Did we ever choke a season away down the stretch under Herm? w/ Chad? I like to win, you'd rather lose w/ certain guys than win w/ others.

7. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

IN hindsight it might not have been better, considering he got hurt. That was what we were trying to get away from - Glass Joe. Except we got Ali after he was Decon-4 gone.

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

To be fair, the choking in '00 and '08 was due to inclement weather in some part of the world.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Its now clear that last year, If Woody had just gone to the police, none of this would have ever happened.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Not quite Ali/Holmes but probably Tyson/Dougles.

11. nyjunc

of course.

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I wouldn't be too concerned. If our D performs anything like the Ravens last year, Chad is going to get raped. Pretty much like he does everytime he faces a good D.

In all fairness, 3 of those 4 INTs he threw were a direct result of inclement weather in some part of the world.

13. nyjunc

That's the first funny thing you have ever posted. :up:
    [​IMG]

14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I'm amazed anyone even got it. Nicely worked out with the owner's name too!

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree that Chad choked against the Ravens. But to be fair, the Ravens were throwing Miami's O-line aside like rag dolls. Even many Miami fans will tell you the back breaker was when Lewis broke up the end around when the phins were driving to get back into the game.

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Oh man, that had nothing to due with inclement weather in some part of the world. That was clearly volcanic activity.

17. nyjunc

I assume no one under the age of 30 got it.

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Ugh, we just dated ourselves, junc.

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

By week 6 Ratliff vs Sanchez will be in full swing.

20. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Junc, at least for one post (your last one) you moved onto something new..."he hasn't played w/ SB talent" and now you are back to the "no OL," "no running game," "when healthy" stuff.

Re-read this post I made earlier today, I don't think Chad was / is "crappy." You continually equate every criticism of Chad to mean that people hate him and think he's terrible. That couldn't be further from the truth.

In the end, your opinion is Chad is capable of winning the SB with the "right talent." (That statement give you a perpetual out as you can redefine "right talent," but whatever.) My opinion is that at some point you need your QB to step up an make big plays and big times against big teams in order to win the SB and Chad is not capable of that.