Jets Released Brett Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Apr 28, 2009.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I think that was the final nail in the coffin for Abraham's days as a Jet. I lost a lot of respect for him that day. Even at 70% he was our best pass rusher and could've given us something that game.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

If Barton doesn't get that penalty the game ends inr egulation OR if Brien didn't miss a chip shot earlier.

Chad wouldn't have gotten the credit had they won, he didn't gte the credit in SD so why would he had they beat Pitt?

Chad got the call from the bench on the kneel down, it was a dumb call BUT our K still should have been able to make a 43 yarder when he missed off the crossbar from 47 moments earlier.

That's BS, I have posted the FGs made at heinz before. The Stadium was still very young so not many had attempted from 40+, a week later Vinatieri made one from 47 in the same direction that would have been good from 57.

3. nyjunc

people lost respect for Abe for sitting and for Chad for playing.

4. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

The best player on the field that day for the Jets was Ben Roethlisberger. He was horrible. Had he even been decent, it is unlikely the Jets would have been in the game.

5. nyjunc

There's no complex, when I see BS being spread I put a stop to it. People treat Chad like he is Bubby brister, they treat herm like he is Kotite. They oth helped us win alot of games and I appreciate that. if others do not that is their problem but when I see BS spread I will defend them.

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That's fair. :up:

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Point on Favre I agree with. The big difference between the NE O in NY that scored 38 and the one at the SB is the refs didn't allow NE to hold on the edge in the SB. Umenyiora was being held the entire game in NY without anything being called. The SB they took some of that away early and the Giants DL steam rolled after the edge was freed up.

8. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

As it should be.

A DE that has one job...get the QB...should be able to gut it out.

A QB that is responsible for the entire offense shouldn't try and be the hero if he has a broken throwing shoulder. There is a big difference between a gutsy performance and flat-out hurting the team by being on the field.

Ultimately, however it is the coach's decision. If he honestly thought Chad was the best option, so be it. Somehow, with their relationship, I believe he left it up to Chad.

9. Italian Seafood

The Giants also found their game by the Super Bowl and were playing a lot better ball by then.

10. Italian Seafood

If I'm not mistaken Quincy Carter was off on a crack binge during those playoffs, so the options were Chad and Chad. Plus the Jets had just won at San Diego in the first round with Chad throwing 2 TDs, so an easy choice of who to start.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Hopefully Sanchez makes us all forget about Penny and Favre.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Chad was also the leader on those teams...something we sorely lacked last year.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I hope this is something we all can agree on.

14. Italian Seafood

Less filling!!!!

Yeah, it would be nice if we could all root for the same Jets QB at the same time. We'd have to fight about something else.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

Probably Chad Pennington.

16. nyjunc

Chad injured was better than Quincy Carter healthy, Chad did it b/c he gave us the best chance to win.

Finally something we agree on though I do have fun w/ these debates. It helps to get through the boring offseason.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

True, it gets old quickly though because it's really the same argument rehashed over and over. That never stops anyone though.

18. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

We should have won the division? No. We should have had a top ten pick in this years draft. With out Favre we should have finished with 5 or 6 wins, tops. Sabotaged our season.....your sabotaging this board with this nonsense.

I know you've already argued this point, but I figured I should retort since I made the original comment.

19. Italian Seafood

We ended up with #5. No need to throw a season down the tubes for a draft pick when you have Mr T on your side.

I don't get your argument though, the team spent $140 million on free agents before getting Favre, the O-line and D-line were greatly improved from 2007.

20. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, did people actually expect Kellen Clemens to lead us to the promise land? Or noodle arm?