Jets Released Brett Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Apr 28, 2009.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Pennington had Herm.

I must have been watching different playoff games if you think he only had one bad playoff game for us.

@oak - horrible - first sign of scared puppy dog look
    @pitt - horrible - led the O to 3 points
    @NE - bad - not horrible, but not good either

for miami,
    vs. Balt - horrible

#121 WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Right and Chad had the masterful Herm Edwards...the TRUE talent; Curtis Martin, and still couldn't even come close to the failures Favre had in the playoffs, merely because he wasn't good enough to accomplish as much as Favre on a bad day, let alone Favre's successes.

Reggie White and Mike Holmgren? C'mon man, that's weak.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I just mentioned the team Favre had when he racked up those accomplishments early in his career. And to his credit he did his part, but you guys like to turn the conversation to playoff meltdowns and at the same time defend Favre. Even a casual look at the last 10-12 years of Favre's career shows you that you're talking out of both sides of your mouth when you do that. Once again, put Chad or any number of QBs on those 90s Green Bay teams with Holmgren and they would also have more impressive resumes.

4. Italian Seafood

Yeah, a Hall of Fame DE and a sure to be Hall of Fame coach, what was I thinking?

5. WhiteShoeWillis

And you ignore how good the team was in '04. It's always everyone elses fault with Pennington.

Favre had great teams - absolutely. Penny had a great team in '04, they carried his weak ass. Favre put those great packer teams over the edge.

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Oh they would have more impressive resumes? Dude, you've been up early doing bong hits or something.

Mike Holmgren and Favre together were the perfect team. Seeing it any other way is just dumb. Neither one won a championship without the other.

Big deal the chickens made it to the SB. Sorry but Mike wasn't out on the field playing.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We were in a division w/ a DYNASTY team, you guys fail to realize this. We got the most of out those teams. Could we have made a title game? sure, we should have if our K makes a makeable kick but those teams if anything overachieved. We didn't have the talent around the QB to win Championshisp, if we did we could have made a SB and possibly won one. Chad can win a SB, he needs the supporting cast though.

Herm wasn't the GM, he had a GM that had been in KC for 20 years and hadn't won a postseaso game since the 1993 postseason.

Favre is better than Chad, I have never called Chad great. He is a very good QB, we were lucky to have him. I'd rather have the 2000s version of a healthy Chad than of Brett Favre. The 90s version of Favre was an all-time great.

I don't worship anyone, I speak the truth. You have an agenda against the guy, I appreciated what he did for my football team.

Yep the guy w/ a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder choked when he missed those 2 makeable FGS, didn't he?:rolleyes:

He was bad and deserves blame but he doesn't deserve all of it.

He was horrible at Oak, he wasn't horrible at Pitt or at NE. At Pitt he had a torn rotator cuff, he wasn't good but he didn't kill us either so he wasn't horrible and we win if our K makes a kick. At NE the game turned on a fluky play, that was a close game until late against a team that was superior to us on the road.

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yes a coach and a DE won the SB. You sir have lost your mind.

9. Italian Seafood

Great team????? The 2004 Jets were a #6 seed Wild Card team (10-6), which means they were playing the whole playoffs on the road, without their best defensive player (John Abraham) and Chad playing with a torn throwing shoulder.

Take Reggie White off the 1996 Packers, tear up Favre's throwing shoulder and put them on the road for three games, then tell me if he wins them the Super Bowl.

10. nyjunc

The '08 team we had around favre was better than what we had around Chad in 2004 and let's not forget that we had the Pats at the peak of their dynasty in our division.

So we throw away the NFC Title Holmgren won w/o Favre? That's silly. Brett never got back, Holmgren did.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Exactly. Maybe to Cleveland or Denver, or some team that doesn't want to pay high first round money to a draft prospect. :) The part that sucks is that it appears the draft will have a number of good QB prospects in 2010. :(

12. WhiteShoeWillis

Not putting up points is a shitty performance. That's what offenses are supposed to do. You know this, you used the same argument against Cutler earlier this year.

The torn rotator cuff is a horse shit excuse. He played just fine with that injury a week prior against an average defense. He even threw the legendary bomb with it. If it was such a problem why was he able to play his normal game a week prior?

What was his excuse against baltimore this year?

HE CANNOT ATTACK TOP DEFENSES.

When all is said and done Chad will be nothing but a blip on the radar of NFL history. Favre will forever be remembered by most everyone as one of the best QB's of all time.

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I HAVE NO AGENDA....wtf is with you and this agenda nonsense? My AGENDA is to watch my favorite team play football 16 times a year and hopefully more. Couldn't it just be possible that we have differing POVs on Chad's performance? Was he better than QBs we had for many years before him, with the exception of Vinny? Sure. Was he great? That's subjective at best. Hence, I don't think he was, and you do.

My presence here is just a big conspiracy to discredit a QB that will be forgotten 2 years after he leves the game. I have nothing better to do with my life.

14. Italian Seafood

If Cleveland had any use for him Mangini would have chosen to take him in the trade instead of Ratliff.

15. nyjunc

Cutler is great b/c he has a strong arm, right? How many playoff apps does Cutler have again?

Chad played against Pitt w/ a TORN ROTATOR CUFF IN HIS THROWING SHOULDER!

Against Baltimore having those crappy WRs, medicore OL and underachiveing RBs killed them. CHad was bad and deserves blame but he had no help.

Favre will be remember as an overrated QB by those who know NFL football. he will be remembered for throwing key INTs and retiring and unretiring 500 times.

You absolutely do, if you didn't you would have enjoyed winning.

When did I ever say he was great?

You hate Chad and herm so you have enjoyed the losing since they left more than the winning when they were here. We never choked away a playoff spot w/ Herm and Chad the way we did w/ Mangini and Favre, did we?

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

We lost to a 15-1 team because our kicker missed two FG's. Even though we had a good team in 2004 Pittsburgh was the better team and we still nearly beat them.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

You just cannot deal with reality. Keep running the spin machine Junc. Here's the truth:

Chad will be remembered as a slightly above average QB who could never attack top defenses.

Favre will be remembered as one of the best of all time.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

Our defense and special teams outplayed Pitt. There defense smothered our offense because Pennington couldn't attack them.

Put the 2008 version of Favre on that team and we smoke Pitt that day.

#138 WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Damn is it still last year?

Favre had a better career then Chad. Chad was better then Favre last season.

20. nyjunc

Like Murrell noted they were a 15-1 team on the road against the # 1 ranked D in both points and yards allowed but I can't deal w/ reality:rofl: